IGNORED

Homeland.. is Watmm sleeping on this quality show?

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Guest onesixoneight

It's pretty obvious that the original script has Brody blowing everyone up and going out in a blaze of glory. But then they got renewed and had to hack the ending to milk it some more...

And thats where the magic was lost, renewing for a second season. Downhill from here Im afraid.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've just started watching this. watched most of the first series now. it's ok. not that great.

just got to the episode where she fucks Brody in the car, the dirty bitch.

also, Brody's wife... is weird looking. small head, a bit like that thing out of Beetlejuice.

I'm baffled by the popularity of this show. Does one have to believe that the war on terror is a valid premise in order to enjoy it?

No. One merely has to be not simple enough to have asked that question.

It's pretty obvious that the original script has Brody blowing everyone up and going out in a blaze of glory. But then they got renewed and had to hack the ending to milk it some more...

And thats where the magic was lost, renewing for a second season. Downhill from here Im afraid.

This.

Guest abusivegeorge

I've just seen S2: E1

Now I'm inspired enough to go and watch the entire first series. See ya'll tomorrow.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

gonna wait for more opinions before i watch this

You won't like it. Your wife won't either.

That'll be 1 hour of your time, please.

lolz. actually we both liked season 1. season 2 not so much so far. i hate the relationship between brody and angela. we don't need everyone to be fucking all the time. i disagree that season one was supposed to end with brody exploding in the bunker with the VP - how many shows get commissioned with 1 season planned? season 2 is more of the same but not fresh anymore. so we'll see

Guest the anonymous forumite

After watching S2E2, I can confirm the writer definitely knows how to make a ciffhanger.

Also, Carrie deserved to be shot for not getting in the car, even if her silliness eventually paid off.

Guest onesixoneight

lolz. actually we both liked season 1. season 2 not so much so far. i hate the relationship between brody and angela. we don't need everyone to be fucking all the time. i disagree that season one was supposed to end with brody exploding in the bunker with the VP - how many shows get commissioned with 1 season planned? season 2 is more of the same but not fresh anymore. so we'll see

My wife likes this too.

Of course Brody would not have blown himself up, and it would have been curtains for the show if he did, however some clever writing could have kept the show running if the excecs could see anything other than coin. But Im just talking shite here.

Its a shame that the success of a show is measured on how many seasons are squeezed out of the original premise.

quite possible, i just read that damian lewis just signed on for 5(!) more years. i mean, i enjoy the show and everything, but i don't see how they expect to keep it interesting for another five years.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I'm sure they have plans to take this much farther than Brody. It's a well made program, great acting, great writing, great directing, great music etc. etc.

This season has been intense so far, after everyone was so worried that Brody not hitting the detonator was the end of this show, the worry warts are wrong so far. Good shit.

Archived