IGNORED

Homeland.. is Watmm sleeping on this quality show?

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like how everything gets instable. Awepittance said he believes the show was supposed to end at season 1 with Brody blowing up. While I believe this is true they still do a good job by keeping me entertained with very emotional acting and a story where everybody's goals are at stake all the time and nobody is playing save.

Even so its not perfect its the best show on TV currently and the best filler until Game of Thrones Season 3

Guest Mirezzi

There's no way season one was ever intended to end with a suicide bombing by Brody. JFC, people.

This isn't Pontecorvo and we're not talking about Northern Africa. It's fucking Showtime and it stars Inigo Montoya. lol.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

hated the last few episodes. and yes will keep watching due to wife. the snl parody was spot on. especially saul.

I've still never watched this show but Anne Hathaway is really winning me over these days.

Going to hit myself over the head and try to hallucinate a new season of Rubicon.

Goddamn Rubicon. Should have let that one continue, but apparently anything doing with terrorists and CIA has to be like 24. Rubicon was a really slow burn but fascinating. I'd like to see more nerdy analysts with a healthy dose of spycraft that doesn't involve killing 12 terrorists with a rag and a stick.

Guest the anonymous forumite

I highly enjoyed last night's episode, the pacing was perfect.

not sure how Nazir could make it to the US, but let's pretend he has been smarter than homeland security.

because of this thread i watched episode 2 & 3, and very much liked it

however it made me think: you know that noise buses make when they stop - that CCCH noise? sergant brody sounds exactly like that when he BREATHES so much and so loudly

Guest Mirezzi

I thought they were priming us for a Saul showdown with Quinn; instead, it turned out a bit...dull. Like, big deal, he's sent to put the drop on Brody. Why would that surprise anybody? Brody is a fucking wild card and if Nazir is dead, Brody surely has to follow.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mirezzi

To answer the question posed in the title of this thread: Yes, very likely most of WATMM was in fact sleeping on this show. Unfortunately, some of us woke up and actually started watching it. Even more unfortunately, a few of us (including me) kept watching it.

During the 2nd half of this season, Homeland has officially gone full retard and jumped a dozen sharks in the process. That Saturday Night Live skit was almost eerily funny, to the extent that I could believe it was written by Howard Gordon himself.

Guest Mirezzi

Did you stop watching, LUDD?

It's become a trainwreck that I watch through a palmed face. Episode 11 was just a neverending shit stack of utter inanity.

I want Saul to adopt me. Such kind eyes.

I must say Homeland is one of the few shows that has made me say "Oh shit" out loud - and last night's episode made me do that. If you've seen the episode you might be able to guess which scene made me say that.

Guest Mirezzi
I want Saul to adopt me. Such kind eyes.

I must say Homeland is one of the few shows that has made me say "Oh shit" out loud - and last night's episode made me do that. If you've seen the episode you might be able to guess which scene made me say that.

Yeah, umm, wow.

For a mostly implausible, nonsensical, and at times cringeworthy season, the writers of Homeland sure succeeded in going out of S2 on a high note.

I had at least five "Oh shit!" out loud moments.

Cautiously optimistic that S3 will be awesome.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

This show once again is only worth watching to see the story tricks they employ to keep it running. Suddenly Quinn is a nice guy? ok that'll keep brody alive!

I did like the car bomb in the finale though, that was smart, although brodys "hey someone moved my car" was pretty dumb.

I think i predicted this earlier in the thread but I really do think they are going to flip brody again. he was in on it the whole time and season 3 will reveal that and have carrie again chasing him.

That season finally was so infuriating!! arhghgh why does Carrie keep believing Brody, Saul said it best, she is the smartest and dumest person alive. Carrie i love ya but you are making a big mistake here.

I'm pretty sure Brody knew about the bomb thats why he told his wife not to go with him to the memorial. Also how shitty must Quinn feel know, lol poor guy i liked his character.

I watched the 2 seasons in 2 days, this is my first interaction with reality, lol.

I love this show.

One of my favorite quotes of all time "I suck cock .. and i love it yum yum" hahaha

Archived