IGNORED

Homeland.. is Watmm sleeping on this quality show?

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Those complaining about the show jumping the shark .. ITS A FUCKING TV SHOW!! its not trying to imitate reality, its soppose to give us a cartoonish version of reality, go watch a documentary if you dont like "shark jumping".

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RadarJammer

yeah just because its on HBO doesn't mean it has to be true to life or something, HBO has true blood and vampires aren't even real

Guest RadarJammer
sure, but i don't think it can be argued that Homeland isn't utilizing a very real and highly emotional event (9/11) to shoe-horn in unbelievable twists and turns in a deceptively 'realistic' package.

The term Homeland Security and the wars in the middle east isn't synonymous with the 9/11 event anymore, I had a friend who had an encounter with a homeland security officer because of some dumb shit his buddy was yelling in a bar. Its just another rubber band on peewees rubber band ball nowadays and I don't really imagine a way that a TV show could exploit emotions from an event that people aren't emotional about or thinking about anymore. Homeland tv show is even based on an israeli show that has nothing to do with 9/11 and don't forget that shows and movies have been playing the middle eastern terrorist angle for long before 9/11 so that is already an established part of our entertainment industries copy and paste plot collection.

sure, but i don't think it can be argued that Homeland isn't utilizing a very real and highly emotional event (9/11) to shoe-horn in unbelievable twists and turns in a deceptively 'realistic' package.

It cant be argues but who cares?? its fucking entertainment, like i said if you want a realistic show about homeland security go watch a documentary about homeland security thats the only way you will get want you want.

You know what i thought it was unrealistic about this show, the chase in the first episode of season 2, but you know what, it was a very entertaining scene. in my opinion that is all that matters when i watch a tv show .. the entertainment value.

You guys are taking entertainment way too seriously, its all fantasy no matter how realistic the setting may be.

If next season carrie meets a bunch of grey aliens then she helps them get every terrorist to an UFO so they can be studied i wouldn't care as long as it was well done and it was entertaining.

Guest Mirezzi

I love you, YO303. You're like the little brother I always wanted, except more like a cocker spaniel.

Yip yip! Yip! YIP! *pant* YIP YIP 303!

I love you, YO303. You're like the little brother I always wanted, except more like a cocker spaniel.

Yip yip! Yip! YIP! *pant* YIP YIP 303!

How about you stop being so fucking condescending, allright.

Its not my fault you are getting bitter about life. I can still enjoy entertainment without taking it too seriously, does that make me an idiot, maybe in your eyes but i think you are the bigger idiot for thinking tv shows and movies own you realism.

Guest Mirezzi

In all seriousness, how is it condescending for people to have an issue with the plausibility of Homeland S2? It's not a specifically WATMM criticism. I think a giant ratio of the show's fans have been bothered by it, including this very good write-up by Salon's Willa Paskin. Mostly, the show went from being geopolitically centered to focusing on a torturously bad romance.

If you don't like that criticism, that's fine, but coming into this thread and puking on everybody because you think TV's only cultural value is entertainment makes you, putting it nicely, puerile?

I'm not a big fan of the Carrie/Brody love storyline, , Brody should have died this season. Another thing i hated about this show was the storyline with the daughter, that was awful

Like i said all the unrealistic over the top action is entertaining, maybe im a fucking idiot for not wanting to watch a realistic one hour show about the war on terror because that would probably be very dull to watch.

Its not fair to call me childish, just because i dont want to be bored by a show about a subject that i wasn't that interested in the first place. Maybe you want to learn more about the inner workings of the war on terror, and if thats the case why watch a fucking tv show about it? go watch a documentary or read a book because you won't find what you are looking for in fantasy.

So yeah stop being so condescending.

If they're going to keep running this they should just kill Brody or leave him as 'plot point to be addressed' indefinitely and turn the show into a serialized 'catching the terrorist of the week' type crime drama.

If they're going to keep running this they should just kill Brody or leave him as 'plot point to be addressed' indefinitely and turn the show into a serialized 'catching the terrorist of the week' type crime drama.
kill all the characters and make a new show.. set in hawaii

Guest onesixoneight

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="onesixoneight" data-cid="1884825" data-time="1349097760"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="'impakt'" data-cid="1729373" data-time="1326266558"><p><br />

It's pretty obvious that the original script has Brody blowing everyone up and going out in a blaze of glory. But then they got renewed and had to hack the ending to milk it some more...<br /></p></blockquote>

And thats where the magic was lost, renewing for a second season. Downhill from here Im afraid.</p></blockquote>

Now I think I need to confess something here and say that I absolutely loved the main thread of season 2.

*eats hat*

However besides the annoying daughter and the waste of time love story, I hated the final episode. What a load of filler shit was that?

A blatant 'lets squeeze the milk from this crap cos we've killed the main antagonist and pardoned the would be terrorist.'

I was astounded who wrote the final episode? Somebody needs to have a quiet word with the one that let it through.

Now theres good writing however implausible it may be and theres bad writing which turns it all to dung.

Plus you can't have two seasons of high action thrills and then chuck in 90min of slow fucking with an explosion in the middle.

Im so not looking forward to season 3 but I will watch it as I have been proved wrong once before.

On another note does anyone like the opening credits? I think they're ace, especially "what the fuck are you doing?"

• 8 months later...

Yes!

Solid 10/10 episode, missed this show so much.

Quinn is a badass

The drama with the daughter didn't bother me at all, in fact i thought it was good, cant wait to see what happens to her character

Carrie .. oh boy ...

• 4 months later...

The latest season started awfully with the dumb storyline involving the daughter but as soon as they dropped that and concentrated on the CIA operation it improved a lot and was even good. I don't see any point for it to get a new season as the end was fine for a series finale. If they however do continue, they better just concentrate on CIA ops and other spycraft shit and keep the human drama involving the main characters to a minimum.

Also Saul will always be a badass.

Archived