IGNORED

st-xx complete (16bit 44.1)

Guest RadarJammer

Guest RadarJammer

http://www.mediafire.com/?761m27lu5aklu7g

I batch converted the st-xx collection which were all sorts of crappy formats. I haven't seen the whole pack as 16 bit anywhere so I thought it was worth the effort.

For those that don't know what this is, I think st-1 was a sample disc that came with Protracker for the Amiga and then it isn't clear to me, I think the rest of the st-xx came from enthusiastic mod trackers that would trade samples through the BBS. If anyone knows more about the origin of these please fill me in.

For windows I suggest copying the st-xx directory path into http://sourceforge.net/projects/auralprobe/ which then separates this ungodly sample collection into custom categories like: Kick, Snare etc, it saves a LOT of work and has an awesome browser which you can drag samples from into your own folders.

I think st-1 was a sample disc that came with Protracker for the Amiga and then it isn't clear to me, I think the rest of the st-xx came from enthusiastic mod trackers that would trade samples through the BBS. If anyone knows more about the origin of these please fill me in.

It was actually slightly older than Protracker, it was actually a sample pack for SoundTracker (hence the ST part of the name). There's an interesting topic on an Amiga forum I frequent where they've tried to find the original sound sources for each of the samples: http://eab.abime.net...ad.php?p=435531

Guest RadarJammer

Thanks for the link, that's a cool discussion.

the ST-01 sample set was released in June 1987

That's wild. They only cover ST-01. It would be nice to get some back story on how the rest of those packs came together.

identify all of the synths used to make ST-01 and then attempt to make high quality equivalents of them.

That's a shame. These samples are charming as hell the way they are.

Guest rex sole

Fuckin' yeees! Thanks for this, this is the sound of my childhood... trying to learn how in the hell to make music with Protracker!

This is the bad boy that got me into making music -

Octamed v3 - Free on CU Amiga magazine back in '92

Though I was 10 at the time so the only thing I knew how to do was load various med files I found on disks.

This is the bad boy that got me into making music -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MuNguczcYE

Octamed v3 - Free on CU Amiga magazine back in '92

Though I was 10 at the time so the only thing I knew how to do was load various med files I found on disks.

Sounds like my story. I was 12, August 1996 issue of PC Format came with FT2 and some various .XM/MOD files, including Fleshbrain and Elwood tunes. Within a couple of months I was ripping sounds from those files and making some really shitty tracker music.

Anyway, back to the ST-XX packs, I definitely plan to use these in future Pselodux tracks. Not sure if I can go back to FT2, but Buzz has some pretty authentic sounding tracker machines.

Sounds like my story. I was 12, August 1996 issue of PC Format came with FT2 and some various .XM/MOD files, including Fleshbrain and Elwood tunes. Within a couple of months I was ripping sounds from those files and making some really shitty tracker music.

Hey - I got that issue too :biggrin: That copy of FT2 was definitely the start of me properly making tracks - Though basically every song I made for the next 2 years used nothing but samples ripped from those supplied mods ! Then in '98 I gave a copy to a mate in my younger brother's year who'd never seen a tracker before but was quite a gifted musician and a few months later the group cubus was formed ! (though at the time we were still 'Mancubus'). I stayed with FT2, and he migrated to Impulse Tracker 2 but then in 2001(ish) I got a copy of Jeskola Buzz from a magazine and we've both stuck with that awesome bit of software ever since ....

Guest RadarJammer
Then in '98 I gave a copy to a mate in my younger brother's year who'd never seen a tracker before but was quite a gifted musician and a few months later the group cubus was formed ! (though at the time we were still 'Mancubus'). I stayed with FT2, and he migrated to Impulse Tracker 2 but then in 2001(ish) I got a copy of Jeskola Buzz from a magazine and we've both stuck with that awesome bit of software ever since ....

That's a touching story :smile:

http://www.mediafire...761m27lu5aklu7g

I batch converted the st-xx collection which were all sorts of crappy formats. I haven't seen the whole pack as 16 bit anywhere so I thought it was worth the effort.

For those that don't know what this is, I think st-1 was a sample disc that came with Protracker for the Amiga and then it isn't clear to me, I think the rest of the st-xx came from enthusiastic mod trackers that would trade samples through the BBS. If anyone knows more about the origin of these please fill me in.

Intriguing. *downloads*

For windows I suggest copying the st-xx directory path into http://sourceforge.n...cts/auralprobe/ which then separates this ungodly sample collection into custom categories like: Kick, Snare etc, it saves a LOT of work and has an awesome browser which you can drag samples from into your own folders.

Oh hey, this is pretty nifty.

Archived