IGNORED

American Horror Story

Guest KY

THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME

(in reference to AW's post)

To be fair to myself, I've never misused the word penultimate since I've never used it. I heard it used once back in 97 though by some Nancy boy. Thought it was a shit word. Spent the next 4 years training my eyes to automatically jump over it without signalling my brain if I ever came across it in text. In fact I'm not sure what we're even talking about right now.

You're a zipper.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

never heard of this. but i gotta ask. isn't "penultimate" a term for the second-to-last-one? this confuddles me, cos i often see "penultimate" when someone means "ultimate/last" -- which obviously disrupts my flow. any semanticians here? fred? (i didn't say sementician).

I just learned something today.

sorry KY. you were ON POINT and i didn't mean to disrail this thing.

fred what did you learn?

lol

I'm just not the audience for this kind of show. I find myself asking questions like, "if the ghost can't leave the property, are they going by the current property lines? what if they buy the lot next door, will that give the ghosts more room? how does a ghost impregnate someone?"

I think that, overall, what I'm happy about with this show is the pure existence of horror on television, which, aside from The Walking Dead, really doesn't happen often. I do think some of the logic going into the show is a bit questionable, but the mood it creates is enough for me. The eleventh episode in particular ended up creating a really heavy atmosphere that almost reminded me of Rosemary's Baby for a second. But yeah, ghosts fucking people...lol

• 1 year later...

season 3 started off pretty strong.

i absolutely love the title theme music.

Title theme is great. Like abrasive Massive Attack. The title sequence of the show is always nice eye candy. The rest of the show is more style over substance. Shit stupid, mindless entertainment. But, for as campy as the show is, there's always some moments of "wtf? how'd they get away with this on TV?"

I liked the teaser trailers, some of the ideas were ripped from Jeremy Geddes i'm quite sure.

Title theme is great. Like abrasive Massive Attack. The title sequence of the show is always nice eye candy. The rest of the show is more style over substance. Shit stupid, mindless entertainment. But, for as campy as the show is, there's always some moments of "wtf? how'd they get away with this on TV?"

I liked the teaser trailers, some of the ideas were ripped from Jeremy Geddes i'm quite sure.

I loved season 1 but didn't see any of season 2.

I have to say. I was a bit disappointed by last nights season opener.

This time around, I'm afraid the quality of the show won't live up to the standard set by the title sequence... which it's badass.

I loved season 1 but didn't see any of season 2.

I have to say. I was a bit disappointed by last nights season opener.

This time around, I'm afraid the quality of the show won't live up to the standard set by the title sequence... which it's badass.

I think the fatal mistake of the show is not having Alexandra breckenridge involved the past 2 seasons. I don't care how shit the show is, put her as a sexy maid or some other cliche sexpot (sexy nurse, sexy schoolgirl, sexy mechanic...who gives a fuck. she could make anything boner inducing & utterly watchable.) I was hoping for that with Coven, but alas...we got Kathy Bates, Down Syndrome kid, & that chick from Precious...cough...

I end up watching this because of the girlfriend. It's really ridiculous, mostly in a bad way.

my girlfriend swears the first season is the best thing she ever saw on tv. i reluctantly decided to give season 2 a try. didn't even finish the first episode. this new season just started. it's basically the same thing- all style no substance. i like the voodoo milf with a coven of young bitches though :)

guys I just thought I'd quickly point out that "penultimate" = second-to-last, as there appears to be some confusion itt about what the term actually means. hope that clears things up. thanks.

someone mentioned the walking dead and this as the only horror tv shows, how sad is that we have these instead of shows like the X-files, Millennium or even Outer Limits or the Twilight Zone?

don't forget Sleepy Hollow...

i thought the first two seasons were alright. this one seems likes its gonna be more geared towards ladies.

I think the show in general is for chicks.

i thought the first two seasons were alright. this one seems likes its gonna be more geared towards ladies.

perhaps i've missed something all along until now..

perhaps i've missed something all along until now..

Naw, just my opinion. It always gave me that feeling that is geared for women mostly. But, that may not be entirely accurate due to the grisly nature of some themes. Whatevs

This show is created by a gay guy. I love how well gay guys know what gets straight guys going!

Probably because they're usually quite open to talk about sex and have an outside view on the ol' tits'n'ass that is more objective but still masculine.

My best friend is gay and he always made drawings of the sexiest ladies when we were kids. I never could do it as well.

Alexandra Breckenridge will be on this season

ready to initiate boner grow time

Alex Breckenridge makes my Penis become a Penultimate.

Archived