IGNORED

The first WATMM Christmas album

Root5

The first WATMM Christmas album is here. I made the thread here instead of in the recent releases subforum in order to get the most exposure.

I was going to name it "A Very WATMM Christmas" but I remembered at the last second that Papa doesn't like it when we use the WATMM name for our little pet projects, which is fair enough. So I hastily tried to come up with another name, and I came up with "North Face at the North Pole". Sorry for the lame name everyone, I came up with it at the last minute.

The album can be downloaded here: http://cytoplantastic.bandcamp.com/

447385051-1.jpg

It asks for a donation, but don't give a donation. Just enter 0 as the amount and you can download it for free. I opted to put the optional donation there, not because I'm trying to profit off of everyone's work, but because there is a maximum of 200 free downloads a month, and I wanted to make it possible for people to download it if that number is exceeded.

I just want to say that, even though I included every single track that was sent to me, and even though many were last minute projects, I really like this album and will be playing it a lot in the holiday season. I unfortunately has crazy writer's block, and couldn't contribute to my own project, but I'm happy to have motivated the talented WATMM artists to contribute to this project.

ENJOY!

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention, I want to give special thanks to Zephyr Nova for mastering it (really really quickly I might add), and to Gaarg for providing the amazing album artwork. I also want to apologize to anyone if I misspelled their artist name/track name.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah!!! awesome. going to play the hell out of this.

Also yeah, the artwork is fucking brilliant.

edit: why is this in general banter and not new releases?

Guest bitroast

artwork is beyond amazing. actually had me laughing pretty hard, well done gaarg :):)

also. i might just have to rename it to "A Very WATMM Christmas" when it downloads. it's clearly a better title :)

artwork is beyond amazing. actually had me laughing pretty hard, well done gaarg :):)

also. i might just have to rename it to "A Very WATMM Christmas" when it downloads. it's clearly a better title :)

tsk tsk

Just finished my first listen through. Absolutely amazing work, everyone.

This is definitely up there with some of my favorite christmas comps for me. It's got some lovely IDM influence, some tasty V/VM influence, and a ton of originality. Every song is special in it's own way. Even sup's.

also fuckin' a Zephyr, both of your tracks are absolutely killer. The mastering is perfect too. Really, great job.

Yes!! Lovin' it! couldn't finish my track in time.

frickin' lol at "jesus comes out at nyeet"

who are kakeboka and dane jacobs? your tunes are beautiful.

Wow, I had a LOT of fun listening to this! I also really like that everyone ended up covering different songs!

The high quality is consistent throughout but upon cursory listening I have to give special shout-outs for my fav moments...

PSN's truly twisted take on 'Last Christmas'; the pitch-shifted vocals are hilarious and the warbly crescendos are lovely!

"Jesus comes out in the heat" part of Zephyr's 'Silent Nyeet'. Also, does the voice say "Son of Dog" at 1:48?

ghOsty's hilarious take on 'White Christmas'; sounds very V/Vm inspired and I could easily imagine it on that 'Whine And Missingtoe' compilation from years back.

Sheatheman's ambient reconstruction of 'O Come, O Come Emmanuel'; very peaceful and evocative of time and place.

Very Weird Al's Seinfeld-tinged, sampledelic, trip-hop piece 'Just An Elf'; I love the samples and shuffling percussion in this one!

Zephyr's ear-scorching 'Gentle Snowflake' Mix of 'Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas' which rapes the original melody and lyrical content into agonizing submission!!!

Love this; Great job everyone!!! I am intensly proud to have been a part of it :)

Also, should this topic be moved to 'New And Upcoming Releases'?

Archived