IGNORED

The first WATMM Christmas album

Root5

The first WATMM Christmas album is here. I made the thread here instead of in the recent releases subforum in order to get the most exposure.

I was going to name it "A Very WATMM Christmas" but I remembered at the last second that Papa doesn't like it when we use the WATMM name for our little pet projects, which is fair enough. So I hastily tried to come up with another name, and I came up with "North Face at the North Pole". Sorry for the lame name everyone, I came up with it at the last minute.

The album can be downloaded here: http://cytoplantastic.bandcamp.com/

447385051-1.jpg

It asks for a donation, but don't give a donation. Just enter 0 as the amount and you can download it for free. I opted to put the optional donation there, not because I'm trying to profit off of everyone's work, but because there is a maximum of 200 free downloads a month, and I wanted to make it possible for people to download it if that number is exceeded.

I just want to say that, even though I included every single track that was sent to me, and even though many were last minute projects, I really like this album and will be playing it a lot in the holiday season. I unfortunately has crazy writer's block, and couldn't contribute to my own project, but I'm happy to have motivated the talented WATMM artists to contribute to this project.

ENJOY!

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention, I want to give special thanks to Zephyr Nova for mastering it (really really quickly I might add), and to Gaarg for providing the amazing album artwork. I also want to apologize to anyone if I misspelled their artist name/track name.

Funny, I don't recall ever being asked if it was OK or not to use WATMM on this - I wouldn't have minded in this case at all... oh well - what's in a name, eh? I'm sure it's a great collection of music from the many talented people we're lucky to be able to interact with!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny, I don't recall ever being asked if it was OK or not to use WATMM on this - I wouldn't have minded in this case at all... oh well - what's in a name, eh? I'm sure it's a great collection of music from the many talented people we're lucky to be able to interact with!

You once made an offhand remark about how you wished people would stop using the WATMM name for their pet projects. I assumed that meant you didn't want people to assume you were somehow behind these projects, and since you weren't involved in this one I assumed you wouldn't be okay with it. In the future I'll remember in time and ask you earlier.

isn't this actually the third Watmm xmas album?

Oops.

Here's my remix which I had no time to finish until now. Too much cookie-baking!

http://soundcloud.com/derelic7/let-it-snow-rmx

Damn that's funky.

wow i listened this whole album now and boy oh boy it is dope obviously my songs best but theres tons of dope songs in it my favs are ganuses looking alot like chrismas which is just plain cool and fletchers snowman song cuz its so funny when the computer says FROSTY lol and kiss kringles song is so dope who is this are u bogdan cuz u sound like bogdan

Listened through to the whole thing now and it is awesome! Well done everyone! This really does stand up alongside all the "most IDM" WATMM comps and the like. A lot of really nice melodic, pretty tracks which is definitely my preference.

Thanks Root5, thanks Ga'arg, thanks all contributors! Ya done good.

also fuckin' a Zephyr, both of your tracks are absolutely killer. The mastering is perfect too. Really, great job.

Cheers man! It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas is brilliant, definitely one of my faves. I heard that one in the other thread and thought it really needed to be on this. Sleigh Ride is great fun too, dirty as fuck!

frickin' lol at "jesus comes out at nyeet"

"Jesus comes out in the heat" part of Zephyr's 'Silent Nyeet'. Also, does the voice say "Son of Dog" at 1:48?

I figured I better do both heat and nyeet so as to not alienate anyone on either side of the debate... or it could be that they are both nyeet or vica versa and some people are just hearing it differently. I'll never tell. And I like "son of dog" so I'm not going to deny that interpretation either. I think there might be one line where I sang the ending of the wrong verse on one of the harmony parts.

End Igloo, Kris Kringle, Very Weird Al, kokeboka and DJDirtyDancing's tracks are a few of my personal favorites after several listens, as well as the aforementioned ganus track which makes me grin every time. Also, the low pitch-shifted vibrato croon in Ghosty's White Chritmas cracks me up, and Goiter's vocals on the album opener are angelic as only a goiter's could be.

Once again it was a pleasure working with all these tracks! It's surprising that such a diverse range of musical and mixing styles end up meshing as well as they do here. Nice jorb guys!

Guest uptown devil

damn. very nice job to everyone involved. my particular favorites were the goiter sanchez, kokeboka, and kiss kringle tracks.

also, lol at the hidden booty bass sample

:beer:

edit: @csm and tauboo, it's a shame yours didn't make the comp.. both very well done and most enjoyable.

Here's my remix which I had no time to finish until now. Too much cookie-baking!

http://soundcloud.com/derelic7/let-it-snow-rmx

yeah i actually made one too called christmanatee but missed the thread. doesn't sound quite as good as the ones on this though but ill post it anyway

http://soundcloud.com/tauboo/christmanatee

Wow this is badass!

Thanks for the compliments folks! Just to be clear (since there has been some confusion among the people I've shown my track to) the vocals are not a lifted choir sample; it's all me baby!

gtfo!

Archived