IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

9 sounds kind like JK but 97 sounds a little aphexy to me, not sure. They were both up on the myspace page before though..

Then again these ones were probably just posted for mis-direction considering they never made it on the final release, no?

Edited by StephenG

These are the kind of trolls rephlex does all the time? =/

Does Steinvord really sound like Jodey kendrick to you? lol

Edited by StephenG

Ohhhh ok that makes sense. Would you agree though that the official released stuff sounds more like Tom, and all the unreleased stuff sounds more like Richard?

That was my theory on it, official release = Tom, Untitled/myspace stuff = Rich..

This other untitled one is without a doubt RDJ. I think.

Edited by StephenG

Untitled 9 sounds more AFX than AFX, if it's another clone like that guy that makes Tuss copycats for Rephlex then well done, you're the first person to make a legit Aphex track that could fool the most cynic listener.

I was thinking of Photodementia that was one of the new Rephlex guys not Steinvord. I still think it's a "for fun" Squarepusher/AFX collab.

This other untitled one is without a doubt RDJ. I think.

Yeah, that one sounds like RDJ. Especially the fucking arpeggios on the 808, like he does 28 seconds into this one:

The section at 2:20 of that untitled track is darn near identical to ... hmm can't remember now - Meltphace 6 is it ?

Yep, about 2 minutes in:

The rooster cowbell

Haha, you are absolutely right! Didn't think of that before.

Edited by psn

ability to imitate is hardly an evidence

like, seriously, it probably is rdj but it can't be proven just with the fact that it kinda sorta sounds like he's ripping himself off.

I'm gonna predict once more that the first two slower ones are all RDJ, the third super fast one is either all TRJ or RDJ/TRJ and the last two super fast ones are, obviously, all TRJ. I predict they were recorded BEFORE "Do You Know Squarepusher", but either just before or just after Go Plastic, and definitely just after or during Drukqs.

Hey my guesses are yours exactly! After a couple of listens I came up with it and it didn't move since then. I also agree it's harder to tell for the third track but a lot of it sounds TJ to me (acid from the beginning, the bass, break....)

I'm gonna predict once more that the first two slower ones are all RDJ, the third super fast one is either all TRJ or RDJ/TRJ and the last two super fast ones are, obviously, all TRJ. I predict they were recorded BEFORE "Do You Know Squarepusher", but either just before or just after Go Plastic, and definitely just after or during Drukqs.

Hey my guesses are yours exactly! After a couple of listens I came up with it and it didn't move since then. I also agree it's harder to tell for the third track but a lot of it sounds TJ to me (acid from the beginning, the bass, break....)

Absolutely, I've come to that final conclusion too. He does do simpler constructions of tracks, and since RDJ RARELY has anything even remotely to do with 'amen', it seems unlikely that it would have much to do with him. Also, check the stereo width of the tracks, RDJ's tend to be more mono with the drums a little to the left, Tom's are generally really wide and spaced out, neither better than the other, just different ways imaging the fields that lends a lot to guessing who's is who's.

imo.

Guest skibby

it sounds like steinvord is either a collaborative project, or is at least influenced by a few different sources.

and i'd bet it all that RDJ knows exactly who's involved, since after a little digging i've determined that Rephlex is in fact, his label.

Edited by skibby