IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

i'm still going for a tom / richard split on this, it is called steinvord afterall and yeah lol at anyone that thinks an 18year old can make this

Yeah, why not? It's not emotionally deep music is it?

I think this is simply not true. most of the Steinvord tunes out there are (at least the few stuff he has released) certainly are more into the accelerated intense side, but there is great emotion in these 2 tracks, the melodies are fantastic and anyone with a good ear for melodies will agree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgcBbe241YU

i love this one, and this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3P5L99OOiw

It's kinda amazing how it goes from a sort of cheesy childish vibe to a kind of sad-weird vibe in only 2 minutes with great transition.

This is good stuff and at this point I just would like to get all those tracks on proper digital format.

Well I'm just referring to the music on the ep he's released. I've said before I actually think those two tracks are aphex twin because I think he'll have dozens of these sweet addictive tracks in the same vein as Bbydhyonchord and Orban Eq Trx4.

I'm not attributing them to Steinvord because they're completely different than the other tracks and haven't been released by him.

i'm still going for a tom / richard split on this, it is called steinvord afterall and yeah lol at anyone that thinks an 18year old can make this

Yeah, why not? It's not emotionally deep music is it?

I think this is simply not true. most of the Steinvord tunes out there are (at least the few stuff he has released) certainly are more into the accelerated intense side, but there is great emotion in these 2 tracks, the melodies are fantastic and anyone with a good ear for melodies will agree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgcBbe241YU

i love this one, and this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3P5L99OOiw

It's kinda amazing how it goes from a sort of cheesy childish vibe to a kind of sad-weird vibe in only 2 minutes with great transition.

This is good stuff and at this point I just would like to get all those tracks on proper digital format.

Well I'm just referring to the music on the ep he's released. I've said before I actually think those two tracks are aphex twin because I think he'll have dozens of these sweet addictive tracks in the same vein as Bbydhyonchord and Orban Eq Trx4.

I'm not attributing them to Steinvord because they're completely different than the other tracks and haven't been released by him.

Those two sound soooooooo aphexy.

Anyway, yesterday I was listening to Steinvord on my mp3 and it skipped to squarepusher I was like "this was a fuckin perfect transition".

So my guess goes to SP and Aphex collab

I know this doesn't help but I've been reading some Krishnamurti lately and I think it's finally jelling for me. Some of the Steinvord stuff is fantastic, right now I can't get over how good Untitled 9 sounds. If it's Richard, great. If it's not, even better, maybe this is a person who will continue to put stuff out.

tl;dr I'm finally getting to the point where I'm unconcerned about Richard's approach to releasing things. How can it be that a forum that prides itself on being intelligent is so concerned?

(I do like these collab ideas though..)

While I get that speculation is fun, but does it really matter who's behind it if you like the music? Will you like it even more if it turns out it's SQP or AFX or both?

Guest spprw

does anyone have that 'phorumwanky' track as an mp3? (settle down, moderators) that shit is a party. there are ways to record it, but I want someone who knows how to rip songs from myspace's music player .

Guest spprw

how did people 'discover' steinvord, anyway? I mean, someone had to have been checking random myspace pages and came across this. unless it was posted somewhere else first

how did people 'discover' steinvord, anyway? I mean, someone had to have been checking random myspace pages and came across this. unless it was posted somewhere else first

I have wondered about this too...I remember reading somewhere that his tracks were first passed around here at watmm,also read about someone who claimed to know him,said he made music with the shittiest equipment imaginable...

I have wondered about this too...I remember reading somewhere that his tracks were first passed around here at watmm,also read about someone who claimed to know him,said he made music with the shittiest equipment imaginable...

i think that whole "shittiest equipment imaginable" comment sounds like some prototypical rdj-style hyperbole there. but yeah i do remember seeing that on the internet somewhere as well. wouldn't really take it all that serious

Guest spprw

i think that whole "shittiest equipment imaginable" comment sounds like some prototypical rdj-style hyperbole there. but yeah i do remember seeing that on the internet somewhere as well. wouldn't really take it all that serious

exactly. the case is closed for me on this.

I had no idea some of these songs were from 2008

Guest spprw

does joyrex have any light to shed on this speculation? surely he wouldn't be able to speak on it though.

Didn't Mike P/Planet Mu post an open letter to Steinvord on one of the forums, asking him to get in touch for a release? Can't remember if it was here or on the old Planet Mu forum.

Edited by psn

Didn't Mike P/Planet Mu post an open letter to Steinvord on one of the forums, asking him to get in touch for a release? Can't remember if it was here or on the old Planet Mu forum.

it was thomas. traded msgs via myspace presumably. planet mu deal didn't work out as steinvord didn't have a cd drive apparently.

it was thomas. traded msgs via myspace presumably. planet mu deal didn't work out as steinvord didn't have a cd drive apparently.

that's hilarious

• 4 weeks later...

Just now listening to this dude. EPIC love Iffy ACid E1

I'm pretty sure its just some new kid on the block whom after years of listening to IDM music had his fill and set out to create new worlds for IDM lovers to explore.