IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

Didn't Mike P/Planet Mu post an open letter to Steinvord on one of the forums, asking him to get in touch for a release? Can't remember if it was here or on the old Planet Mu forum.

it was thomas. traded msgs via myspace presumably. planet mu deal didn't work out as steinvord didn't have a cd drive apparently.

that's hilarious

it has also been stated that steinvord sent them a bag of white noise

As you will find on a squillion records its the mastering engineer. Matt colton masters most rephlex release I think.

This release is pretty boring on account of it not having any new material or one of the best tracks untitled 9 .

I'm listening to this mofo now. Been a few months since last spin.

I have no idea which is the first side so no clue names for tracks. I always play the 3 tracked side (with the locked groove) first.

So the first track is pretty cool (seems to have a fucked up Digeridoo sample), then the absolute beast of a second track starts!! Rips face off but loves the lush ambient finish. These 2 tracks sound like Aphex.

Third track after locked groove sounds most definately like Squarepusher. It's pretty obvious, it sounds like a smash up of Big Loada and Tundra from Venus 17. If you don't think it's Jenkinson we can agree to disagree.

Okay flips over. These 2 tracks have never grabbed me but a few months rest is always good for doses of IDM.

First track sounds like Squarepusher drums, not much happens but quite cool none the less. Nice fucked up ambient moans and groans in the background.

Second track. Looking on the gap on the viny,l this is a bit of a journey. Once again sounds like SP drums with ambient darkness which lurked in Drukqs.

The conclusion is this is Skrillex after being Tom and Richards gimp for several months!! Only joking :biggrin:

Edited by beerwolf

Are the songs labeled on youtube correct? Or are they mismatched?

EXample. THis is correct or incorrect title?

[media=]

[/media] Edited by ZiggomaticV17

Haven't really listened to this because I just assumed it was something people were grasping at straws at and just hoping it was Aphex, and that's where it got its merit and praise from, but now that I've listened I can say that I definitely think this is as the very least a Tom/RDJ collab of some sort

Or Steinvord's just very good at making it sound like that

Either way it's ace.

i got a rip because rephlex does not care about updating their download site, the quality is kinda shit and it sounds really fucking grindcore, i love it!

absolute shredding tracks, it just sounds like an alcohol/weed fused collab between afx/Sp,pure holocaust!

i just don't know anyone who can make anything like that

it's definatly not "hello i'm 18 and make musack with fuking computar"

They didn't want 2 release this from MEN records... Because we can recognize them

ok, reformulate :

They did'nt want 2 take out this record to MEN Records because they know that we shall recognize them very fast that it's indeed about a collaboration between them...

did eye do well 2 understand? :spiteful:

i got a rip because rephlex does not care about updating their download site, the quality is kinda shit and it sounds really fucking grindcore, i love it!

What a shitty rip it is, though. There's way too much hum and static.

Does anyone else notice the extreme similarity between Mangle11 and this entire EP

Dude this is the first time i heared this track i looked it up on youtube, sick as hell thanks!!!

They didn't want 2 release this from MEN records... Because we can recognize them

ok, reformulate :

They did'nt want 2 take out this record to MEN Records because they know that we shall recognize them very fast that it's indeed about a collaboration between them...

lol what is MEN records, eye don't understand Anchio Arch

ok, reformulate :

sublabel of Rephlex with two AFX records

ok, reformulate :

sublabel of Rephlex with two AFX records

wow i see, how bizar :cerious:

Hey Lord of the Ooooooze!!

You ought to get the Rephlexions album (the one with mangle11 on it) as the cover isn't a million miles away from your avatar. Scary beheaded Ivan Oozes floating around in space looking menacing!!!

It's the way forward my son

he just happens to be unknown, he just happens to make amazing idm, he just happens to be released on rephlex records.

you guys are jumping to conculsions!

the last 1 minute of the album is clear proof that he is either rdj or tomjenkinson

who else can make this

honestly start at 3:39

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Zeffolia

the last 1 minute of the album is clear proof that he is either rdj or tomjenkinson

who else can make this

honestly start at 3:39

[media=]

[/media]

I'll give you three who have demonstrated many times the style of hardcore muziks that you are referring to: Jodey Kendrick, Venetian Snares and Richard Devine. I don't get why people think this sound is limited to just tom n rich?

In the end, who gives a shit who made it, listen to it and move on, it sounds like a lot of people to me, and I couldn't care less about who made it. Props to whomever did, but its nothing earth shattering.

Let this thread die like the haggard sea-witch it is.