IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

Saw that too, probably worth posting here: http://forum.watmm.c...ichard-d-james/

I never know how to fully react to the "press" bringing up debates and speculation, other than it won't change anything really. WATMM is always all over this beforehand anyway.

Pitchfork, BBC6, etc all reported on the "new Aphex album on Warp" and it was back to normal immediately after. The only recent instance (I can think of) where an artist "came out" from behind a moniker after press speculation was the tacky "Burial is Fatboy Slim or Aphex" nonsense years back that The Sun stirred up.

Edited by joshuatxuk

Here is how you find out if it sounds like Aphex. Play it for a hardcore Aphex fan that isn't into message board speculation and could give a fuck less about researching artist. Also, not knowing of Steinvord is pretty important. Play some of his very Aphexish tracks and say "Hey this is the new shit from Aphex, what do you think". Analyze response. I for one thought Aphex the second I heard it a couple of years back on Myspace. Unless someone comes out and strait up says it, we can never know who the hell it really is.

That had better not be the real tracklist. only two new tracks? and honestly, maelstrom? that's the worst of all of the steinvord tunes.

who's to say that they're new. i do hope so, but they might just be one of his untitled (titled) tracks.

^ i don't think your font is big enough dude!!!

That had better not be the real tracklist. only two new tracks? and honestly, maelstrom? that's the worst of all of the steinvord tunes.

who's to say that they're new. i do hope so, but they might just be one of his untitled (titled) tracks.

stop you're depressing me. and yeah maelstrom is my least favored of the bunch, it may be the shitty quality though. i mean, it will sound much much better in the release, i'm sure, but it's too crazy for my state of mind lately

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist

wishful thinking from WATMM as usual, I doubt it's Afx or a Squarepusher/Afx collab, someone that really likes Afx/Squarepusher yeah but I don't think it's either of them...

regardless, I look forward to getting the release on vinyl/finally getting mitts on decent bitrate files :music:

pretty sure that Rephlex has no objection to releasing tracks untitled, so they are probably new, but I guess I won't mind horribly if one of them is untitled 97. It's the one myspace tune I really do want on vinyl.