IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

take a listen (sorry if its kinda crappy), damn so cool... and yeah well we can't be sure who's really Steinvord. The only info we can confirm is that he makes music with his fucking computer, lol

stufafff.mp3 steinvordwithgas!!

Sounds great. Reminds me of AFX live when he does that with SAW tracks

Here is how you find out if it sounds like Aphex. Play it for a hardcore Aphex fan that isn't into message board speculation and could give a fuck less about researching artist. Also, not knowing of Steinvord is pretty important. Play some of his very Aphexish tracks and say "Hey this is the new shit from Aphex, what do you think". Analyze response. I for one thought Aphex the second I heard it a couple of years back on Myspace. Unless someone comes out and strait up says it, we can never know who the hell it really is.

This 100%.

Before I succumbed to the darkside and join watmmer, I avidly listened to Aphex for years. I would of been an ideal candidate. Having said that, even now I still believe think it sounds like Aphex with elements of Squarepusher. So I think it's game on.

take a listen (sorry if its kinda crappy), damn so cool... and yeah well we can't be sure who's really Steinvord. The only info we can confirm is that he makes music with his fucking computer, lol

stufafff.mp3 steinvordwithgas!!

what gas track/album is this?

Rephlex are brilliant at marketing.

Create a Tuss-sounding artist account on myspace .. go to IDM forums and create romours about him being AFX .. release a 12" after 4 years of hype. $$$$

GENIUS!

Edited by YO303

Create a Tuss-sounding artist account on myspace .. go to IDM forums and create romours about him being AFX .. release a 12" after 4 years of hype. $$$$

GENIUS!

NzNSO.jpg

GENIUS!

NzNSO.jpg

:emotawesomepm9:

Someone else who listened to Untitled 97 could give his point about the track being aphex or not ?

IMO it can't be anyone else. Or it's someone that is a genius in the way he caught both Aphex's music and sound (the detuned piano sound, seriously...). Or Aphex is just involved somewhat (in the sound engineering of the track or I don't know). Or it's some kind of a joke. Because Malestorm sounds like nothing but a Squarepusher Go Plastic / Ultravisitor B-Side, so maybe afx and squarepusher both "gave" one or two tracks to the release of a third ("steinvord") unknown artist, just to create a buzz. Or it's really a collab between the two. I don't know but IMO rdj is very close to this. At least partially.

In the end, it doesn't matter. All that matters is that we get more quality, oldschool-braindaince music. Whoever is responsible for them. I think that's the message Rephlex want us to understand. The rock'n'roll-mythos should not come to electronic music or at least IDM. On the other hand Aphex Twin lives from this mythos. So maybe they should have thought this trough a bit better :dry:

To Antape: I also think some of the track really sound AFX-y, while on the other hand it lacks some certain energy that most of his tracks have.

couldn´t save my edit, so here it is

edit: rant:

and i am so full of the whole mystery artist bullshit, it´s like the people (not just rephlex) who do things like that don´t believe in the music they´re releasing. like it has to be shrouded behind speculation if it is afx or whoever to make it interesting. just release some quality music, put your name on it, that´s it. it´s just music. i understand the marketing aspects of it, but seriously, wouldn´t it be easy to just say hi, i am richard, here´s my new album. or hi, i am richard and this is dave monolith and i think this is the best music i´ve heard in a bit. shieeeeee

rant over