IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

the whole anon idea, supposed to draw attention just to the music, backfires into this identity dilemma, endless and pointless discussions on that matter. also for most ppl its so fucking hard to believe that a sound so superior emerged from nowhere. Hard to believe that among those millions of kids with PCs and any available DAW up their asses, having 10 years to rip-off SP and AFX, there could be that one guy named steinvord. no its impossible :wink:

more probably that afx and sp will carry on doing what they did 10 years ago, no matter how bored they are,

and deviously lay it out on a semi pro soundquality to fool their half-retarted fanbase. or they will create a marketing fake name for old tracks,

for something probably 600 ppl on this planet will buy.

grow the fuck up, and get some new ears btw

Edited by schlucharski

what if richard has already released the metz track, but its somewhere out there on myspace or hidden in a youtube video completely unrelated to AFX or the tuss and he's just waiting for us to find it?

The tracks have been around since late 2007 on the net. Let's say the kid wasn't born with the skills, so to get there it took 2 or 3 years. This sets the making of those tracks at around the same time Ultravisitor was released. Pretty fucked up thought.

Speculation aside, this is great, proper braindance stuff and better than most of the shit I had to listen to lately.

...wouldn´t it be easy to just say hi, i am richard, here´s my new album. or hi, i am richard and this is dave monolith and i think this is the best music i´ve heard in a bit...

Like the adverts in The Invention of Lying. It'd be great if all adverts were like that, actually not allowed to lie at all, even via insinuation! :D ...but then no one would buy the products, sadly.

...wouldn´t it be easy to just say hi, i am richard, here´s my new album. or hi, i am richard and this is dave monolith and i think this is the best music i´ve heard in a bit...
Like the adverts in The Invention of Lying. It'd be great if all adverts were like that, actually not allowed to lie at all, even via insinuation! :D ...but then no one would buy the products, sadly.

tru dat, but if someone just said here is a record made by afx and sp or whoever together, i would buy it instantly, without hearing. like with the tuss, everybody with ears sure knew it had to be afx behind it, and they could have sold hundreds of those records without ever saying anything else than this is rdj.

i dunno, i don´t even care, but this mystery-shit has been bothering me for a long time. like the ursula bogner thing for example and the list goes on

maybe i am in the minority, and most people like to speculate. i like to listen to good music

tru dat, but if someone just said here is a record made by afx and sp or whoever together, i would buy it instantly, without hearing.

Of course, it could be possible that that's the problem, and he wants to prove his music's still objectively good enough for people to buy because it's good music, not because it has his (brand) name attached.

To be honest, it'd make my life easier if he was honest about his releases, because I like almost everything he's made, but never the first time I hear it. I almost overlooked the Analords and the Tuss releases because I didn't like them the first time I heard them, even though I love them now. If you specifically make "grower" type music, rather than the instantly accessible kind, branding's not necessarily a bad thing. Like you, I trust that if something's branded with his name (if not his label's), I'm pretty much guaranteed to like it after a few listens, if not right away.

And that brings up more questions about whether his music (or, for that matter, the genres we enjoy) really is that much better than everyone else's that I've heard, or whether I could have picked pretty much any artist at random and through repeated listens grown as attached to their output. I'm hoping the former, but it seems doubtful. I like food my partner hates and vice versa, just because of what we happened to eat when we were younger. They're interesting thoughts to ponder, at any rate.

this mystery-shit has been bothering me for a long time.

Well, your life's probably going OK if that's what bothers you the most. :) Take some comfort in that!

To be honest, it'd make my life easier if he was honest about his releases, because I like almost everything he's made, but never the first time I hear it. I almost overlooked the Analords and the Tuss releases because I didn't like them the first time I heard them, even though I love them now. If you specifically make "grower" type music, rather than the instantly accessible kind, branding's not necessarily a bad thing. Like you, I trust that if something's branded with his name (if not his label's), I'm pretty much guaranteed to like it after a few listens, if not right away.

And that brings up more questions about whether his music (or, for that matter, the genres we enjoy) really is that much better than everyone else's that I've heard, or whether I could have picked pretty much any artist at random and through repeated listens grown as attached to their output. I'm hoping the former, but it seems doubtful. I like food my partner hates and vice versa, just because of what we happened to eat when we were younger. They're interesting thoughts to ponder, at any rate.

this is sad. being a blind uberfan is one thing, but doing it with full cunciousness is a bit torturing. listening to a brand rather than the music is all in all pretty depressing.

anyway, it's true. after listening to something you dislike enough times you will like it because you will get used to it. it's kinda fooling your barin thing. thats why even bands like weezer still have loads of fans. because they listen to their albums until they like it.

sad. yup.

this mystery-shit has been bothering me for a long time.

Well, your life's probably going OK if that's what bothers you the most. :) Take some comfort in that!

excuse me, did i say it bothers me the most? what bothers me the most is i didn´t get my machbeth m5 for the saturnalia.

excuse me, did i say it bothers me the most? what bothers me the most is i didn´t get my machbeth m5 for the saturnalia.

I'm guessing that's more in time for Saturnalia than as a gift? It looks like a pretty featureful machine, I'm sure you'll enjoy it once it does arrive. ^.^

Edited by ZoeB

this is sad. being a blind uberfan is one thing, but doing it with full cunciousness is a bit torturing. listening to a brand rather than the music is all in all pretty depressing.

Well above all I love music, but brands such as artist aliases and record labels help me seek out other music I'll like, given that I consistently like most of a given brand's previous output. That's the point of branding. If several bad products (eg albums) were released under a brand I liked, then sure, to begin with I'd buy them, but in the long term, I'd wise up and go elsewhere for stimulating music. The brand would be diluted, so untrustworthy. It's surprising how many people in charge of companies seem to miss this, or at least ignore it in favour of some quick money.

anyway, it's true. after listening to something you dislike enough times you will like it because you will get used to it. it's kinda fooling your barin thing.

Well, thinking about this a bit more, that seems partly true, but I'm still not sure if it's the whole story or not. You only need to go through the slush pile of a record label to realise that amongst people you've never heard of, some are better than others, and the music itself has to be at least a part of why some musicians are more successful than others, amongst many other factors. I have no idea how you'd go about testing whether your liking of music by artists you haven't heard of is solely due to their similarity to works you're already familiar with, or something else too, but it would certainly be interesting to find out.

sad. yup.

To paraphrase Feynman, I only see how more knowledge adds to an experience. I don't see how it subtracts. As a musician, I think it's important to work out as much about music as possible, such as whether any given two pieces really can be qualitatively compared or not.

skrillex_sonny_moore_by_spanishsteps-d3ctdtw.jpg

He wants yon soul

he will eat yon soul

Come to Skrillex.

I...

WUB WUB WUB SKRILL SKRILL

WANT...

WUB WUB WUB SKRILL SKRILL

YOUR SOUL!

WUBADUBAWUBADUBA WUB WUUUB WUUUUUUB

Edited by joshuatxuk