a) decisive enough to decide who you think it is and just leave it at that

or

b) so bored of the entire exercise you just give up and stop caring at all

kudos

PS please remind me never to go on an Easter egg hunt with you guys

Would you go on an easter egg hunt that

A) contained no easter eggs to look forward to

B) Went on for years without a break

ps, I'm decisive enough to realise when to give up and stop caring about a pos.....

Guest murphythecat8

theres no way its Aphex Twin.

okay, yeah steinvord might be aphex twin after all. I think it is.

i find it so endearing that you guys are not either

a) decisive enough to decide who you think it is and just leave it at that

or

b) so bored of the entire exercise you just give up and stop caring at all

kudos

I really wholeheartedly agree with this. It's mildly amusing to read, but I don't care much to join in. Perplexing. I was in camp b, a long time ago lol

Edited by beerwolf

So, does he have a twitter feed as well?

idk but steinvord does https://twitter.com/steinvord

So yeah. Seems like the Gargathrax Llany thread is closed. This one should do.

there's one that's open here http://forum.watmm.com/topic/79824-afx-fake-or-who/page-3

and a new one in n&ur here http://forum.watmm.com/topic/82767-beatwife-cornbrail-acid-2/

Edited by very honest

Guest skibby

is it possible that the true identity behind Steinvord is intentionally obscured?

maybe its an ingredient in the music that makes it sound better or?

hmm

Indeed.

Does anyone know where I can buy a lossless version? I mean, is it even available to buy on a webshop etc..?

Seems strange it's not available on Rephlex.com.

hmm

Indeed.

Does anyone know where I can buy a lossless version? I mean, is it even available to buy on a webshop etc..?

My understanding is it's only available on vinyl. It's not sold in a digital format anywhere.

I downloaded an MP3 rip and it sounded like complete shit. (I own 2 copies of the vinyl just didn't want to go through the trouble of ripping it).

All the downloadable copies were such shit I ended up ripping it from my vinyl.

hmm

Indeed.

My understanding is it's only available on vinyl. It's not sold in a digital format anywhere.

I downloaded an MP3 rip and it sounded like complete shit. (I own 2 copies of the vinyl just didn't want to go through the trouble of ripping it).

All the downloadable copies were such shit I ended up ripping it from my vinyl.

Thanks for the info but yeah, that sucks, really.

Maybe someone could confirm if there are any other Rephlex artists who only release on vinyl? Could be a clue.

I almost got the impression that the rips that were floating around the internet were intentionally leaked with poor quality, maybe to hide some of the awesomeness of the release. I don't understand why there would be 128kbps rips when vinyl is the source, most collectors of vinyl being pretty anal about sound quality. Know what I mean? Just seemed like a troll move to rip off vinyl on such low quality lol.

The first Steinvord rips even had skips in them, skewing the beats to shit.

ya exactly. I'm a conspiritard a bit when it comes to steinvord so I tend to think it was intentional the way these were ripped lol. It's probably partially why people are so polarized in their thinking of it being an afx or SP release compared to those saying "this release sounds like shit" etc.

untitled9 was the only one to ever able to hold any appreciable attention. woul dhave been nice to see this one presented on the vinyl release.

I almost got the impression that the rips that were floating around the internet were intentionally leaked with poor quality, maybe to hide some of the awesomeness of the release. I don't understand why there would be 128kbps rips when vinyl is the source, most collectors of vinyl being pretty anal about sound quality. Know what I mean? Just seemed like a troll move to rip off vinyl on such low quality lol.

Exactly, why go to all the trouble of getting a vinyl setup, recorder etc... Then miss out half the data?

There's certainly something fishy about the whole thing for sure.

Besides, I actually want to buy the release, I like to think I'm supporting the acts in some way.

Exactly, why go to all the trouble of getting a vinyl setup, recorder etc... Then miss out half the data?

Besides, I actually want to buy the release, I like to think I'm supporting the acts in some way.

One time I was drunk and forgot that I already owned the vinyl and I ordered another one, so I've got two. If you ever want it I will give it to you if you pay postage/handling. Admittedly it might be cheaper to just buy locally though.

One time I was drunk and forgot that I already owned the vinyl and I ordered another one, so I've got two. If you ever want it I will give it to you if you pay postage/handling. Admittedly it might be cheaper to just buy locally though.

Besides that, it's not available to buy through shops anymore (at least, I've never seen it anymore and was lucky to finally buy one last year in some crummy shop in Amsterdam).

About those rips, I do have a really decent .flac rip of this, so I could finally throw away those crappy mp3 rips. I also rather play those .flacs than the vinyl because I don't have to deal with that annoying locked groove. What was up with that?

Imo, speculation about this is still completely useless until more info pops up. It's so ridiculously afx/squarepusher like, but the production is what makes me doubt everytime. It sounds muffled and not as crisp a sound as both of them since the 00's. All I can do is wait for that follow-up release Grant announced (if I remember correctly) back in 2011/2012?

Edited by Herr Jan