IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

I listened to the EP in the car yesterday and today (I had been focusing on the other tracks), and I kinda agree now with John, ascdi, and others that it's more likely a split effort than a collab.

Backyard - believable as RDJ

Maelstrom - you guys say sounds like SP, and I believe you

iyff acid e1 - definitely RDJ

cyg x-1 - doesn't really sound like either of them

ontrackv2 - definitely sounds like SP to me

I think someone else pointed out that cyg x-1 doesn't sound like either, but not sure who. Anyways, I think more than just RDJ and SP were involved.

listen

I listened to the EP in the car yesterday and today (I had been focusing on the other tracks), and I kinda agree now with John, ascdi, and others that it's more likely a split effort than a collab.

Backyard - believable as RDJ

Maelstrom - you guys say sounds like SP, and I believe you

iyff acid e1 - definitely RDJ

cyg x-1 - doesn't really sound like either of them

ontrackv2 - definitely sounds like SP to me

I think someone else pointed out that cyg x-1 doesn't sound like either, but not sure who. Anyways, I think more than just RDJ and SP were involved.

good call, pretty much my exact thoughts. Recently I relistened to the only collaboration track Aphex + Pusher ever did together, and I'm now sort of convinced (not 100%) that cyg x-1 is a Squarepusher Vs Aphex track. Listen to the gritty way the breaks are mixed in each track (and also notice how each track is not drum & bass or drill like the other tracks, but more standard breakbeat, just . Melodically there is no signature, but mixing style and break arrangements are very tell-tale. actually the beginning of this is sort of jazzy Tom style, but as soon as it hits 4:01 I get very strong cyg x-1 break vibes)

if we count the myspace tracks, only one of those sounds like squarepusher, the rest sounds like RDJ to me. Rules the Read II could also be a collaboration track, as it has some of that later Tom 'excite bike' style videogame acid synth going on it

of all the people who've also tried to Evoke, somehow Steinvord a spanish kid from spain knocked it out of the fucking park on his only(?) try. I mean how ridiculous is this seriously. Taking the entire Rephlex roster into account, no one does the cowbell rooster like AFX (listen for it)
Edited by John Ehrlichman

Untitled is 100% RDJ to me. The other non-EP tracks seem more mixed to me. There are elements that sound RDJ, and overall seem more like collabs to me, if anything.

But yeah, we're on the same page. :beer:

So, now that joyrex is on rdjs mailing list again, can we go for a kickstarter which releases a digital steinvord album? The ep with the other tracks and what else might be lying around. That spanish 16 years old kid deserves a proper album release yo!

But yeah, we're on the same page.

It seems like we've been on the same page for the last 40 pages.

As Grumpy said, not all of us

After Syro i'm more inclined to think it's 100% RDJ

they sound nothing alike

Did I say they did?

Did I say you said they did?

:cerious:

Edited by StephenG

It isn't Richard, guys. I think it's a joint effort between a couple of those rephlex twat's though, the guy(s) responsible should stand up and be accounted for. That Monolith cunt is involved.

Monolith was not even on myspaces (and was a kid probably) when this came out, not even talking about singing to rephlex

and i can hear nothing of monolith in these tracks

or you are taking a piss? :emotawesomepm9:

After Syro i'm more inclined to think it's 100% RDJ

they sound nothing alike

Did I say they did?

Did I say you said they did?

:cerious:

stephen falls down through the logical trap door. Roll 2x die 20 to see if you can cast teleport out, otherwise it's a 20 mile hike through the dungeons of mundane terror at a loss of two days rations and 15 gold to the gate keeper at the exit.

Monolith was not even on myspaces (and was a kid probably) when this came out, not even talking about singing to rephlex

and i can hear nothing of monolith in these tracks

or you are taking a piss? :emotawesomepm9:

Well, Steinvord was 18 at the time, probably a couple years younger when he started making these tracks, and I think Monolith is older than him so... how is this uncompatible anyway? But yeah, I do not hear Monolith on these as well.

Untitled is absolutely 100% obviously a drukqs throwaway

on the off 0.00000001% chance that it's not, it's the best fake drukqs attempt ever and is worthy of a release

Edited by Zeffolia

Guest skibby

why did they even name the album. i wish it had no title cause its really annoying that there is a word that makes people need to add another word to it to get an orgasm or something.