IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

Monolith was not even on myspaces (and was a kid probably) when this came out, not even talking about singing to rephlex

and i can hear nothing of monolith in these tracks

or you are taking a piss? :emotawesomepm9:

Well, Steinvord was 18 at the time, probably a couple years younger when he started making these tracks, and I think Monolith is older than him so... how is this uncompatible anyway? But yeah, I do not hear Monolith on these as well.

well i agree, i don't know the age of monolith (anyone does?), but from photo on discogs he looks pretty young. and i can believe that it could be done by some child prodigy, specially if he started doing music at really young age (like Richard). i personally knew a guy who wrote really good technical idm and he could mimic sounds, but was lacking the sense of harmony and music in his tracks. could be same stuff.

untitled 97 tune sounds like melodies from mars and is not so technical, and untitled 9/room too. could be done by many. but some tracks on other hand, specially those on EP...they have that evil richard fuckery and spirit on drugs. or tom's. or steinvord's. oh fuck it, hope we'll never know...

i can't believe there are still people who believe a 16 or 18 year old made this, unbelievable :facepalm:

let's take squarepusher. it took him about 5-6 years from crot EP to Go Plastic. unbelivable improvement. and there was nothing alike (except Twin) at that time, they needed to do it from scratch. steivord basicly already heard that techniques, if he had a good ear and t

Edited by Mag

my post got half cut for some reason =)

so, if he got good ear and talent, and made music since 13-14, he could mimic the sound. Hell, he's not even done anything new and groundbreaking, like tom and richard, just druksq b-sides basically.

i still think that it's richard/tom/both, just like you, but i don't think that it's THAT unbelivable for a teen/someone else to copy this sound if they really wished. prodigy people do excist, you know. Other story is what happened to him after...

So, if you start from the prodigy argument, how would you explain there aren't more releases?

It's just another Bradley Strider. Only this time for Tom & Richie. How obvious of a hint could the name "Steinvord" be?

So, if you start from the prodigy argument, how would you explain there aren't more releases?

It's just another Bradley Strider. Only this time for Tom & Richie. How obvious of a hint could the name "Steinvord" be?

maybe car accident or something like that, and the album is in memory of a talent, who might have been great but passed too early. maybe he just lost interest at some point (like Clifford Gilberto or that other dude who just released one great album and bought his vine yard and never came back). This is really obscure, i dunno. Probably it's all bollocks and and this is another bradly strider indeed, that's what i think. But there's still 0.5% that it could been done by some reeeally nerdy fan who emulated them for a couple of years straight.

BTW i had a friend named emizkit (eminem+limp bizkit) who tried to do music/rap aswell (but not as good ofc). Pretty common thing to mash up the names of your favorite artists you would like to be one day, specially when you are kid :emotawesomepm9: I also had something like this, but i don't remember what exactly, weed makes me forget things =(

¥ø¨® µ¨µ

& Archive & part of the Penryn Space Agency set. Heidi denied that Jodey had anything to do with Steinvord yet listening to those does make me wonder...

Is there any doubt that this isn't 100% RDJ? Even the breaks are programmed in typical Aphex fashion, yes even in Syro.

This on the other hand is a lot harder to tell:

http://youtu.be/eb2Da2vGEFA?list=PLon73z-YBBS7AGKtHp7AG_OYPN66ez_ZO

This could almost be on the Syria album:

Edited by vasio

After binge listening to the rephlex edm comps, the forthcoming youtube stuff, jidomatix etc....steinvord tracks are so blatantly jodey kendrick. There's no way steinvord is not this guy. I think it was Bcm said this in another thread, and probably earlier in this one too. He's right

After binge listening to the rephlex edm comps, the forthcoming youtube stuff, jidomatix etc....steinvord tracks are so blatantly jodey kendrick. There's no way steinvord is not this guy. I think it was Bcm said this in another thread, and probably earlier in this one too. He's right

there are actually many reasons why Jodey Kendrick is 'not this guy' but ill give you one: of Jodey's plethora of Drukqs homage style tracks absolutely none of them get close to touching the authenticity of the 'Untitled' myspace track which sounds literally like a Drukqs outtake. So I guess the question is why would he put so many Drukqsy workouts on the EDM comps, but not go the extra mile and make them sound like 'Untitled' (steinvord myspace track)?

Edited by John Ehrlichman

there are actually many reasons why Jodey Kendrick is 'not this guy' but ill give you one: of Jodey's plethora of Drukqs homage style tracks absolutely none of them get close to touching the authenticity of the 'Untitled' myspace track which sounds literally like a Drukqs outtake. So I guess the question is why would he put so many Drukqsy workouts on the EDM comps, but not go the extra mile and make them sound like 'Untitled' (steinvord myspace track)?

funny how after knowing about rules the read that i only probably listened to it once, nice little jam. I probably should have bought steinvord thingoe at the time, but i'm an harsh and judgemental old buntah and the thing whilst cool didn't quite ring my ding. Still i should have grabbed it, then i might have put it on every now, which wouldn't have been unpleasant.

funny how after knowing about rules the read that i only probably listened to it once, nice little jam. I probably should have bought steinvord thingoe at the time, but i'm an harsh and judgemental old buntah and the thing whilst cool didn't quite ring my ding. Still i should have grabbed it, then i might have put it on every now, which wouldn't have been unpleasant.

I've got a few spare copies of the vinyl if you want one, pm me