IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

* assumes Joyrex actually knows who Steinvord is/are *

Joyrex doesn't know who Steinvord is/are but what it is (whatever is the difference).

if Steinvord is a collaboration or a split ep, that makes sense (knowing what it is Vs knowing who it is), well talking about making sense in a Steinvord thread is a difficult task

So what is this "new shit" that may or may not be announced if we are all good boys and girls?

lol the threads are switched

maybe if we let this steinvord debate take over the whole forum then he will release an lp out of confusion

So what is this "new shit" that may or may not be announced if we are all good boys and girls?

lol the threads are switched

maybe if we let this steinvord debate take over the whole forum then he will release an lp out of confusion

let's make another kickstarter for the rest of the tracks being properly released. im sure rephlex got more of those

being totally honest here - steinvord is what I wish syro would've sounded like. I hope there'll be another release in the vein of steinvord, it's just so good.
the cunningham theory does make sense. maybe the three of them got together. I'm not sure if anyone noticed yet, I'm sure someone did, but it's pretty obvious that it's at least Richard and Tom.
Stein = Steinbolt from Ultravisitor
Vord = Vordhosbn from Drukqs

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm not.

* assumes Joyrex actually knows who Steinvord is/are *

Joyrex doesn't know who Steinvord is/are but what it is (whatever is the difference).

if Steinvord is a collaboration or a split ep, that makes sense (knowing what it is Vs knowing who it is), well talking about making sense in a Steinvord thread is a difficult task

Yeah I got it, don't really know why I wrote that last statement. IMO if Joyrex's post didn't somewhat clearly indicate that Steinvord is indeed a collab then I can't really come up with what else it could have meant (animals, extraterrestrial lifeforms? Nah). Like, why not simply use ''who'' but use ''what'' instead. So I guess that Steinvord is indeed a collab or umbrella project. Reading all these theories make me dizzy though, don't know anymore what to think.

LOL when thinking the insane amount of Steinvord threads and posts etc. in the interwebz. Quite good for a 5 track EP release.

holy shit guys there' sa mira calix thread in the autecrhe subfrom

and joy rex hasn't of deleted

dat means dat mira calix is rob

and rob and sean r divorce

???

:ohmy:

:ohmy:

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

?

An error occurred

You have posted a message with more emoticons than this community allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message

Edited by baph

Guest progben

To me, this definitely sounds like a Tom/Richard collab (or a split, as some have said) - but I'd say if it's just one of them then it's Richard mimicking aspects of Tom's style (rather than the other way around). I can hear the samples from Drukqs all through the EP, especially in Iyff Acid and Ontrack v2.

IMO Grant's statement doesn't hold any water. I think it's already been said but whoever made this clearly has a lot of talent, and wouldn't have hidden away this long with no other releases, promotion, anything.

Preparing to eat my hat... (but the above is my gut feeling and I'll stick with it until something definite comes out)

Grant is the master of the label, that specializes on disinformation, mystics, and "trolling". He said tuss was some kid from myspace they found and signed. There is no reason not to beleive him

Maybe it's Tom mimicking Richard on one side

and Richard mimicking Tom on t'other.

Kinda like the Hafler Trio / Colin Potter / Andrew Liles release '3 eggs' where they try do do the style of the other folks

To me, this definitely sounds like a Tom/Richard collab (or a split, as some have said) - but I'd say if it's just one of them then it's Richard mimicking aspects of Tom's style (rather than the other way around). I can hear the samples from Drukqs all through the EP, especially in Iyff Acid and Ontrack v2.

IMO Grant's statement doesn't hold any water. I think it's already been said but whoever made this clearly has a lot of talent, and wouldn't have hidden away this long with no other releases, promotion, anything.

Preparing to eat my hat... (but the above is my gut feeling and I'll stick with it until something definite comes out)

There aren't any samples. Or at least I could bet my life savings on it, that's how sure I am personally.

And again, Cyg x-1: production totally different, track arrangement totally different, totally different vibe to Tom or Richard's style. When I listen to this track I imagine some sort of intense space imaginery, coupled with the track title, I don't think about any former Tom or Richard's work, too bad you guys can't get past the speculation to fully appreciate the tracks. The rest, sure they are reminiscent of Tom or Rich, but so what, people has mistaken Tom's work for Richard's when they played each other's unreleased tracks, even the so called experts here (classic example: that acid track in the Rome 2002 rephlex show, most people assumed it was unreleased AFX). This track alone proves it could be a totally different person, which is what I think. He can make great tracks, with good track progression that keeps you interested, production is good enough for me, some have great melodies (untitled 9's melody is great, no matter how much impakt cries about the melodies being weak) and overall just great tracks, thats why it got released on rephlex, that's all. Just a guy that can come up with good tracks, why this has to be any different from guys like Monolith, JK and so on? If you can come up with great braindancey tracks you get signed on rephlex, simple as that. We've done all the speculation ourselves. Now the strange part: The guy was really young when he did these tracks, 15-17 if rumors are true, he couldn't care less about being active online and decides to stay totally anonymous. This is what we know, and again, it's no one's fault but ours what we speculate beyond any of that.

There aren't any samples. Or at least I could bet my life savings on it, that's how sure I am personally.

And again, Cyg x-1: production totally different, track arrangement totally different, totally different vibe to Tom or Richard's style. When I listen to this track I imagine some sort of intense space imaginery, coupled with the track title, I don't think about any former Tom or Richard's work, too bad you guys can't get past the speculation to fully appreciate the tracks. The rest, sure they are reminiscent of Tom or Rich, but so what, people has mistaken Tom's work for Richard's when they played each other's unreleased tracks, even the so called experts here (classic example: that acid track in the Rome 2002 rephlex show, most people assumed it was unreleased AFX). This track alone proves it could be a totally different person, which is what I think. He can make great tracks, with good track progression that keeps you interested, production is good enough for me, some have great melodies (untitled 9's melody is great, no matter how much impakt cries about the melodies being weak) and overall just great tracks, thats why it got released on rephlex, that's all. Just a guy that can come up with good tracks, why this has to be any different from guys like Monolith, JK and so on? If you can come up with great braindancey tracks you get signed on rephlex, simple as that. We've done all the speculation ourselves. Now the strange part: The guy was really young when he did these tracks, 15-17 if rumors are true, he couldn't care less about being active online and decides to stay totally anonymous. This is what we know, and again, it's no one's fault but ours what we speculate beyond any of that.

not "samples" as in sampled from other places.

Drum kits/drum samples/drum sounds from same machinery/software as Tom/SP.

Just making sure we're talking about the same thing.

Edited by StephenG

the untitled track is straight up afx vibes.

But cunningham / afx colab could be the answer

I dont think squarepusher is involved, i would say Vibert over squarepusher but i still dont hear either of those two in any tracks

i'm versed in the 'vord threads and the evidence cited either doesn't stand up to scrutiny (whether the believers admit it or not) or it's "my ears."

maybe it's some idm supergroup, but i'm hoping it's what they say, and this dude drops a new lp on our heads out of nowhere (pls)

not another steinvord thread with a poll, pls!!! here, i made one so we don't have to

- it's rdj+tom, i use my super ears and listened to them long (52%)

- it's rdj, i use my super ears and listened to him long (35%)

- it's tom, i use my super ears and listened to him long (5%)

- it's rdj+tom+chris, i use my super ears and listened to them long (3%)

- it's kid from spain (2%)

- it's pissflaps and very honest (2%)

- it's jodey kendrick lol (1%)