IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

:derp::derp::derp::derp:

as usual

derp derp derp

I use the term "amenry" loosely. I'm not going to textbook dictionary absolutely every musical term. Why would I go into such detail to say "wow sick chinook break" etc? Doesn't make for easy flowing conversation with most people.

Edit: assuming of course you're referring to my gratuitous use of the word "amen" or "amenry".

u mean the apache break? thats another heli rofl

lol glad someone caught that, I was waiting for it.

;)

that l$d chicks is a joke obviosly, but i perefer "dont smoke my blunt bitch" over any steivord track in any fucking day of the week. they are too sexy. grimes so cute. video hilarious and trippy

Sick breaks or sick choppage would be more appropriate terms to use here, never heard amenry but that fits VSnares well because his breaks sound cheap and boring. This is different from the typical VS garbage amens.

Either way it doesn't change what I said, Go Plastic is miles ahead of anything on the Steinvord EP, it's too timid when it comes to the SP side hence why I think it's just someone emulating him on some tracks but the Aphex side is spot on imo.

Sick breaks or sick choppage would be more appropriate terms to use here, never heard amenry but that fits VSnares well because his breaks sound cheap and boring. This is different from the typical VS garbage amens.

Either way it doesn't change what I said, Go Plastic is miles ahead of anything on the Steinvord EP, it's too timid when it comes to the SP side hence why I think it's just someone emulating him on some tracks but the Aphex side is spot on imo.

agreed here. it;s just a good copycat, nothing more. only thing that would convience me - if it was done before druksq/spastic era. it's not even close to the same level.

Sometimes after a while I as well think, "it's not that much", then I listen to it again and go like "damn, but this is actually great stuff". Like I try to find more records of a similar kind and I always end up listening to Tom or Richard's music if I want to get my fix, maybe Wisp and Monolith can do it too. The thing is, it's not like I can find any better than this for my braindance fix, beside the records i've heard a million times already. I hate that my favorite musicians release records at snail pace. Now with Rephlex closing, I can only hope that they get signed anywhere else or continue on their own independently, but some tend to not be as motivated to put out records unless it's done through label. Grant, why you had to leave us? :sad:

Sometimes after a while I as well think, "it's not that much", then I listen to it again and go like "damn, but this is actually great stuff". Like I try to find more records of a similar kind and I always end up listening to Tom or Richard's music if I want to get my fix, maybe Wisp and Monolith can do it too. The thing is, it's not like I can find any better than this for my braindance fix, beside the records i've heard a million times already. I hate that my favorite musicians release records at snail pace. Now with Rephlex closing, I can only hope that they get signed anywhere else or continue on their own independently, but some tend to not be as motivated to put out records unless it's done through label. Grant, why you had to leave us? :sad:

Well, it’s not necessarily that desperate situation. When thinking of it Monolith has three EP’s coming, CN released Nu, AP has put out quite amazing amount of Colundi Sequences and Jodey has been active with EDM and Black Narcissus releases. Grant has been involved with the two latter mentioned artists and hopefully he continues to work with them and help to release some new stuff. As for other artists like Wisp and D’arcangelo don’t know where they’re heading if anywhere. Will there ever be new BW? Has been mentioned a couple of times but would really love to see Mu getting some Rephlex artists.

I, for one, would love more this kind of stuff. Had an eargasm last weekend when listened to Steinvord tracks, Drukqs 2 track promo, MEN1 + Mangle 11, those added with Jidomatix/Jodey drillz like Coronet and Archive. Was the perfect combo I’ve had for a while. Pure bliss :music: .

i dont know anymore, I listened to Go Plastic on a train ride recently and while it is masterful in parts some of it hasn't aged too well. The production/engineering on the album leaves a lot to be desired. Sequencing and arrangement wise it's still one of the best out there, but the way the breaks are eq'd and mixed sounds very thin and sort of light weight compared to Steinvord. If Tom is involved in Steinvord I doubt that he had much to do with the final mix, the breaks are just much more beefy and aurally satisfying sounding.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

For wisp, look up dwaalicht.

I was more wondering if Wisp will ever be releasing anything under a label or create an own bandcamp etc. If I haven't missed anything there is only soundcloud available ATM for possible new Wisp stuff. Somehow got bored with Shimmering Hour but remember being more interested in those souncloud tracks. Thanks for reminding though, have to go to check them out again.

Shit I forgot to put Scirem on my combo list.

/Important post

i dont know anymore, I listened to Go Plastic on a train ride recently and while it is masterful in parts some of it hasn't aged too well. The production/engineering on the album leaves a lot to be desired. Sequencing and arrangement wise it's still one of the best out there, but the way the breaks are eq'd and mixed sounds very thin and sort of light weight compared to Steinvord. If Tom is involved in Steinvord I doubt that he had much to do with the final mix, the breaks are just much more beefy and aurally satisfying sounding.

That's just the way he processes breaks, in Hello Everything they're even thinner, I don't think there's any issue with the way the breaks sound in Go Plastic, you might want to check different sources/rips and of course there's only one way to listen to it and that's with headphones, the sound is so 3D and synesthetic. Squarepusher tracks just lack that deep bass, still the drop in Greenways Trajectory is absolutely massive, specially the last part.

Cygnus X-1 was the subject of a friendly scientific wager between physicists Stephen Hawking and Kip Thorne in 1975, with Hawking betting that it was not a black hole. He conceded the bet in 1990 after observational data had strengthened the case that there was indeed a black hole in the system. This hypothesis has not been confirmed due to a lack of direct observation but has generally been accepted from indirect evidence.

I was more wondering if Wisp will ever be releasing anything under a label or create an own bandcamp etc. If I haven't missed anything there is only soundcloud available ATM for possible new Wisp stuff. Somehow got bored with Shimmering Hour but remember being more interested in those souncloud tracks. Thanks for reminding though, have to go to check them out again.

/Important post

Without going into details, I think that we can expect new Wisp before or around early 2015.

Go Plastic is well good.

I agree, but pusher's production style ages a lot worse than his top tier break programming. Not the same for most Aphex records, he seems to have a better ability to strafe around certain time sensitive production methods

garbage amens

garbage amens

garbage amens

garbage amens

garbage amens

grbeaga smena

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

/Important post

Without going into details, I think that we can expect new Wisp before or around early 2015.

Sweeeet