• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Steinvord = Bolthosbn = Usain Bolt

In my books cat212 goes to the top releases this planet carries. Such a dope EP. 5 tracks I'll never get tired of. To this day still bums me that Rephlex didn't/couldn't release the rumored LP.

Posted Images

Cygnus X-1 was the subject of a friendly scientific wager between physicists Stephen Hawking and Kip Thorne in 1975, with Hawking betting that it was not a black hole. He conceded the bet in 1990 after observational data had strengthened the case that there was indeed a black hole in the system. This hypothesis has not been confirmed due to a lack of direct observation but has generally been accepted from indirect evidence.

For wisp, look up dwaalicht.

I was more wondering if Wisp will ever be releasing anything under a label or create an own bandcamp etc. If I haven't missed anything there is only soundcloud available ATM for possible new Wisp stuff. Somehow got bored with Shimmering Hour but remember being more interested in those souncloud tracks. Thanks for reminding though, have to go to check them out again.

Shit I forgot to put Scirem on my combo list.

/Important post

Without going into details, I think that we can expect new Wisp before or around early 2015.

Go Plastic is well good.

I agree, but pusher's production style ages a lot worse than his top tier break programming. Not the same for most Aphex records, he seems to have a better ability to strafe around certain time sensitive production methods

Sick breaks or sick choppage would be more appropriate terms to use here, never heard amenry but that fits VSnares well because his breaks sound cheap and boring. This is different from the typical VS garbage amens.

Either way it doesn't change what I said, Go Plastic is miles ahead of anything on the Steinvord EP, it's too timid when it comes to the SP side hence why I think it's just someone emulating him on some tracks but the Aphex side is spot on imo.

garbage amens

garbage amens

garbage amens

garbage amens

garbage amens

grbeaga smena

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

For wisp, look up dwaalicht.

I was more wondering if Wisp will ever be releasing anything under a label or create an own bandcamp etc. If I haven't missed anything there is only soundcloud available ATM for possible new Wisp stuff. Somehow got bored with Shimmering Hour but remember being more interested in those souncloud tracks. Thanks for reminding though, have to go to check them out again.

Shit I forgot to put Scirem on my combo list.

/Important post

Without going into details, I think that we can expect new Wisp before or around early 2015.

Sweeeet

Unless Grant doesn't come back to put the album out on Rephlex, assuming this will not happen.. anyone knows where Wisp will release his next album? WeMe, Mu, his own Bandcamp?

WeMe

why is this thread in the aphex subforum? is that because steinvord is aphex twin?

I put it here originally because of a FACT article

Unless Grant doesn't come back to put the album out on Rephlex, assuming this will not happen.. anyone knows where Wisp will release his next album? WeMe, Mu, his own Bandcamp?

from my understanding there won't just be one album, but I'm not sure which label will unleash what or at what time.

He is releasing a full length on RecordLabelRecords in 2015 <-- first time I've announced this

Edited by John Ehrlichman

from my understanding there won't just be one album, but I'm not sure which label will unleash what or at what time.

He is releasing a full length on RecordLabelRecords in 2015 <-- first time I've announced this

how do you know that again?

I forget if you're linked to RLR lol

:w00t::yeah::nyan::cattears::catnope::catbed:

I run RLR , we are a little bit of a hiatus but have 4 full lengths coming out in early 2015

Thanks, I thought that was the case.

Looking forward to the wisp release. I heard it elsewhere that he had something on the way on weme. Seems like he has a million songs saved up so multiple releases isn't out of the realm of possibility!

Wisp is clearly not Steinvord. Wisp is probably most "pop" and girl's idm i've ever heard

Don't get the "girls IDM" but not in a bad way I hope? I think it's quite the accomplishment, amongst my mates Wisp is one of the very few Rephlex / braindance artists that they are really into. Props for that.

Wisp is clearly not Steinvord. Wisp is probably most "pop" and girl's idm i've ever heard

Don't get the "girls IDM" but not in a bad way I hope? I think it's quite the accomplishment, amongst my mates Wisp is one of the very few Rephlex / braindance artists that they are really into. Props for that.

In a good way =)

I love Wisp myself, and i can play his music to girlfriends / people far from IDM scene - he is very melodical and pretty calm. Like fantasy IDM with elves, magic and dragons (i know he is a DM in D&D). Good way to introduce people to braindance

randomly got a couple of mysterious followers on sc after following afx...sounding like the same producer to me, perhaps steinvord or an imitator(emulation of afx/sp emulation)??

your thoughts gents??? && any more accounts out there like this you've found?

https://soundcloud.com/heorgegarrison/shortridge-x012

https://soundcloud.com/afxafxafxafxafxafx/nag-champa-breaks-5