IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

Be funny if kids started saying cello instead, cause you know trends and fashions and things and then we ended up once they'd grown up, say twenty years from now, in the augmented with virtual realm that we'll inhabit people greeting one another with idiosyncratic cello call signs, little musical flourishes. Perhaps as an extention to that older people will have double bass patterns and the children's children violins of course. Well that would be their intention for their offspring, but as rebelliousness kicks in so they begin using verbal greetings again.

jolly good day to you my zoobroks zikznings

btw who is Labyrinthine? I really really want that stuff in hq. was there a release, did i miss everything?

just listened him today after a year, totally forgot he exists. hes so great, even better then dementia and kendricks for me

• 2 weeks later...

what if steinvord is not a particular person or set of people, but a movement of vicious anonymous digital electronic music?

the new heorge garrison is great

they said he has an album coming up

Edited by Jdub

btw who is Labyrinthine? I really really want that stuff in hq. was there a release, did i miss everything?

just listened him today after a year, totally forgot he exists. hes so great, even better then dementia and kendricks for me

https://labyrinthine.bandcamp.com/

nothing on bandcamp

Ah good to see labyrinthine get a mention! I really liked that last track they uploaded, some crazy mix.

There are a few more unknown channels with great music on, most of them have disappeared or stopped updating their YTs/soundclouds etc. Would be nice to have a topic covering them all at one point

https://labyrinthine.bandcamp.com/

nothing on bandcamp

Ah good to see labyrinthine get a mention! I really liked that last track they uploaded, some crazy mix.

There are a few more unknown channels with great music on, most of them have disappeared or stopped updating their YTs/soundclouds etc. Would be nice to have a topic covering them all at one point

is that a translation from the language of fictionalstan or partionally ledj(he's a)stan

also, Additional Stuff Soon

/goes back into watmm hiding, have fun with that man, maybe i'll catch some of it, but prob. not, taek kair n luvf n bleSs from xis dleetr meSs.

These heorge garrison tracks are good but pretty dull compared to the steinvord stuff. It sounds like he's trying to pose as Steinvord, beside the sound whats up with the spain thing? he's obviously being ambiguous on purpose, clearly someone skilled but lacks what makes the Steinvord tracks stand out from the average IDM tunes you can find out there. Still good enough to trick some people I guess. It could always be him intentionally fucking with us again for all I know tho.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest RupturedSouls

It's still all a beautiful mess to me. Im tired, and my heads a mess thinking over all this, so im just going to throw all i have out there. sorry if its incoherent ;)

I really loved the Steinvord EP, and was sure it was someone known.
...then this Heorge Garrison guy showed up. I really love the three songs we have so far, and eagerly awaiting the album(!!!) Although very different to the Steinvord EP, i got the impression that there was some thematic similarities. yes yes - very Aphexian, with a helping of SP, but there's something else..., and i feel that that something else is in both of these mystery artists.
To add to this, there are a few odd tracks floating around that i can't help thinking are the same guy.
for example - The Wheatpin_X track - (same kind of shouty samples as NagChampa)
maybe the FZPseu 2012.02.12 demo i saw just today on youtube (actually quite puzzled by this one)
The (apparently) Steinvord track "Toothsucker" has, i think, a sample of the voice on the into of the Aphex Twin - Milkman song... interesting...
and im sure last week i noticed another similar voice part on some tracks, but i've now forgotten.

even some of the Syro fake leaks --- there is one i got hold of, and one track "nusxxtrabo780 (Fulldown mix)" had "Ciley Myrus" as the album artist (leading me to name that fake leak the Ciley Myrus album). It just occured to me today though that it's the same style spoonerism as the Heorge Garrison name. Most likely pure coincidence.

Side note - I can't help but feel we missed something important with the Syro fakes though. I know the rumour that AFX put out some throwtogether tracks, and i doubt it a bit. But some of them were damn good.

Anyways. It's been good fun trying to trace down these two badboys so far. I just hope one day all will be revealed, and all tracks are acounted for.
If they make us chase the dragon forever, we'll end up wrecks, hating the drug that ruined us!

Is it wrong that my iTunes has "Aphex Twin - Speculation" and "Steinvord - Specualtion" as artist names??? :biggrin:

Guest RupturedSouls

Yeah, richrud d jomes is mysterious, though, i don't think it's any of the big names... maybe :s
Strange that most of the tracks are between 1-2 min long. Quite short. Same with some of the Syro fakes. suggests someone mucking around and throwing together some short fake tracks for fun, with no meaning to expand and finish them.
I'd guess that the "abridged" Mountain King tracks are actually their full lengths, and no longer versions really exist. Shame, i quite liked them!