IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

I met a guy in a pub who is close to grant&co and he told me it's d'arcangelo, but then he switched his story and said it was Chris Cunningham and that this was to be a best kept secrete.

In conclusion: it's the effects twins

i like the idea that aphex puts out blistering beats in secret and then officially releases throwaway things like the "this is what my automatic drum set up sounds like" EP. It also fucking frustrates me, but yeop.

Adding to the JK 'fire' I just hit this track on the Touched 2 compy and it sure is Drukqs'y if not quite full on Steinvord sounding: http://touched.bandcamp.com/track/capecitabine

There is a stiffness to the beats that I don't hear in Steinvord.

for sure, leagues away from steinvord but still a really decent track.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

i like the idea that aphex puts out blistering beats in secret and then officially releases throwaway things like the "this is what my automatic drum set up sounds like" EP. It also fucking frustrates me, but yeop.

Haha. I didn't mind CCAI, but I see your point.

• 3 years later...

this is RDJ

*sips coffee*

Prove me wrong

oddly, this track convinces me it's not rdj. too many transitions and motifs which don't sound like anything rdj would do. not that it's bad though.

Personally I still find the 'vord tracks as fresh as they were when I first clicked play on MySpace. I believe there hasn't been a time I've felt like I had overplayed the tracks or got otherwise bored with them. Pretty good when we are talking about artist who put out only 11 track during his whole career (or did s/he???). That screams quality. Damn shame Rephlex couldn't put out the LP which was in the talks since there seems not to be a single other outlet to put it out in the whole internet.

this is RDJ

*sips coffee*

Prove me wrong

oddly, this track convinces me it's not rdj. too many transitions and motifs which don't sound like anything rdj would do. not that it's bad though.

Totally agree although i felt same about all the tracks...something not quite right

Lot of interesting clues about steinvord, maybe worthy of a small google doc or something...

e.g. watmm references in 'rules the read II' and creating a thread in 2008 linking to his own music, the imp sound effects from Doom in 'backyard', people talking at end of one of the tracks, the official soundcloud they made around 2012 but never uploaded anything to it, how RDJ said steinvord is an 'american dude' meanwhile grant said he was spanish :wacko:

i had a dream once that afx uploaded this during the soundcloud dump with the caption "unreleased drukqs outtake", i'd have no problem believing it:

This one is so gd good it kills me.  I have a really hard time believing this isn't 100% AFX.

Lot of interesting clues about steinvord, maybe worthy of a small google doc or something...

e.g. watmm references in 'rules the read II' and creating a thread in 2008 linking to his own music, the imp sound effects from Doom in 'backyard', people talking at end of one of the tracks, the official soundcloud they made around 2012 but never uploaded anything to it, how RDJ said steinvord is an 'american dude' meanwhile grant said he was spanish :wacko:

Wasn't there also a steinvord twitter account opened around the same time with SC? Albeit with 0 tweets but still...

I wouldn't be surprised if Steinvord was Bit Meddler with a folder of chopped up samples from Druqks and Go Plastic.