IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

Yee so good that record, hope for another one someday. I also still believe tom and rich had something to do with it.
Fun fact those 2 new spanishguy tracks were uploaded on soundpuke just before rich played one of his uk shows hmmm

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I've visited the steinvord tracks a couple times through the years.   

The energies in them are different in quality than either RDJ's or Toms' stuff.  

Richards tracks I usually sense a lot of intents like desire for "interesting", some "sentimental" but not syrupy, just, acknowledgment of beauty and it just gets more of like "concentration" when the complexity and intensity are up on the track. but typically pretty neutral actually.    

Tom I sense a lot of "mental melt" like psychedelic abstraction and a conscious fascination with that place.  With his melodic aspects being more "surreal vibe" and "epic" types of emotional intent.  Though the quality of intent always comes across as clear and distinct/intentional.  He's very present in his music.   

Both times I've randomly listened to steinvord the quality of the energy was much murkier.  pushy.  overdoing it. and in ways quite negative.  The music itself is quite an amazing spectacle and really skillful,  but the energy is distinctly different to anything I've ever perceived from RDJ or TOM.  

ganesha.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/26/2020 at 9:21 PM, Pickle Rich said:

The energies in them are different in quality than either RDJ's or Toms' stuff.  

I used to think this, but after Aphex's SC dumps and some more time for introspection and context about it I think they could have made it together. Their "energy" together is different than as individuals. Honestly sounds like the same 'people' or 'energy' as you call it, who made Freeman, Hardy and Willis Acid could have made Backyard.

Or even better, could have been a collab with more than two people. Honestly sounds like more than just Aphex and SP styles at times.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, very honest said:

good find. bears resemblance to XM.

but it was uploaded to YT before XM was uploaded to SC. also within a few days of 

Can't see those Spanishguy tracks anymore sadly. but yeah, it does sound like the XM one. The one on youtube sounds more polished in a way though... 

1 hour ago, Time Tourist said:

Can't see those Spanishguy tracks anymore sadly. but yeah, it does sound like the XM one. The one on youtube sounds more polished in a way though... 

that was the post where steinvord said hello to watmm. he showed up with that name and posting like 6 or so tracks that sounded like steinvord, many or all of which ended up on the planetx release.

that youtube one is good.

Edited by very honest

3 hours ago, very honest said:

that was the post where steinvord said hello to watmm. he showed up with that name and posting like 6 or so tracks that sounded like steinvord, many or all of which ended up on the planetx release.

that youtube one is good.

Not the vord... just another heorge garrison again setting his location at "Spain" as tribute or just for clicks. Cool tracks tho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pissflaps said:

Not the vord... just another heorge garrison again setting his location at "Spain" as tribute or just for clicks. Cool tracks tho.

Right, exactly. 

In my books cat212 goes to the top releases this planet carries. Such a dope EP. 5 tracks I'll never get tired of. To this day still bums me that Rephlex didn't/couldn't release the rumored LP.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

So the beginning (and end kind of) of these two tracks are telling to where I shouldn't have to explain anything.:

Obviously it maybe coincidence, but while there may never be definitive proof of anything, there can be a lot of circumstantial proof that SP is involved with Steinvord in some way. There is a ton at this point really to where I feel both SP and SV have incredibly similar... instincts I guess you could say, when it comes to melodies and rhythms and sounds.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Burger 1

4 hours ago, lucivalc said:
On 4/25/2020 at 11:03 AM, thumbass said:
Just stop this specualtion it doesn't matter who he is

Would be nice if he would put out a new release though

5 hours ago, lucivalc said:
On 4/25/2020 at 10:03 AM, thumbass said:
Just stop this specualtion it doesn't matter who he is

Would be nice if he would put out a new release though

It would be nice but we can't force the lad

ya'lls know how many unknown soundcloud accounts there are these days? probably 5-10 undiscovered aliases each for all the artists in the subforums. you think tom jenkinson is satisfied releasing the same sounds/instruments in his last 3 albums? heck no he has a ton of side projects (not that the albums are bad, just his potential ability is way too high to be focused on only SP). They probably aren't allowed to tell due to label restrictions, if everyone knew all their aliases their regular releases would lose value due to dilution. Even regular bedroom producers in my city that haven't made a name for themselves yet and don't know what IDM is have alt SC accounts.

Steinvord evidence is clear, just listen to Maelstorm then My Fucking Sound .. Case closed

I'm more curious about Bewwip, i'm not convinced that's not TJ

• Like 1

Thought I remembered seeing Aphex say it wasn't him or Tom and it also wasn't both of them, some comment on the SoundCloud, but I can't be bothered to go search since SoundCloud doesn't really make that easy and there's no telling whether the track with that comment is deleted. Maybe some other forum nerd took a screen cap or also remembers.

But I know that won't stop the speculation even if they said it wasn't them.