IGNORED

Bangface Weekender 2012

Soloman Tump

Anyone found a cheap or novel way to get down there?

With the price of a train ticket so high a hire car would be cheaper. But do I want to drive back? Nuh-uh.

From London?

I was looking at the national express coach bus...seems pretty inexpensive but it takes like goddamn 7 or 8 hours to get there. So if you don't mind that.....

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TheCentrifuge

Hi everyone, here's a message from a friend of mine about a coach between London and Newquay for Bangface Weekender. Feel free to pass this on to anyone who may be interested. cheers!

///

BANGFACE WEEKENDER COACH RUNNING FROM LONDON TO NEWQUAY (AND BACK)

I am running a coach from from Central London to the Bangface Weekender down in Newquay. Given the paucity of transport options out there, I hope you all find this useful.

DETAILS

The Coach is provisionally BOOKED.

It will leave from by the London Eye on Friday 14th September at 9AM. Arriving at the Bangface Weekender site for about 3pm (when gates open). Leaving site on Monday 17th September at 10AM (last check out time) and returning to London for about 4PM.

The cost will be £55.

I need payment and a full passenger list by the 31ST AUGUST (a week today).

If you are definitely in for this please e-mail at lukedoneghan@gmail.com – I’ll send further details and payment info. Please e-mail here even if you have already confirmed so I can build a proper passenger list.

NB I need 40 people in total to make this viable – so please pass on to any friends you may have who would be up for this.

Bear in Mind:

Train costs £100

Megabus timings don’t work and mean you’ll miss half the festival

National Express are a bit rubbish and stop everywhere

Airplanes are £200

This coach will be full of people going to Bangface and therefore awesome

Any questions / interest please e-mail me on the above address.

Thanks

Luke

100 pounds for a bus? Jesus.

That coach looks good, but my flight is arriving Thu and I need to be back at the airport on the earlier side.....

I think I'm renting a car to drive from London Heathrow Airport to the event....leaving Thu afternoon at 4:30PMish and arriving back at airport Monday at 1:35PM at the latest. Already booked it, but it's cancellable until september 10...but wanted to reserve it just in case.

Does anybody want to go in on this with me? It's about $180 USD + gas. If 3 or 4 of us go, we can save lots of money. I'm willing to drive the whole way, though if somebody shared in the driving that would be ideal.

bang news

BANGFACE Weekender Crew!

Sadly Die Antwoord are unable to make the Weekender for personal reasons :(

They've looked at every option but it just can't happen.

There's a message from the band below.

However, every cloud has a silver drum machine :)

The legendary 808 State will be joining us for a full live performance!

808State2012.gif

A message from Die Antwoord:

"Die Antwoord regret to inform that due to circumstances beyond our control we will be unable to perform at Bangface festival.

We were REALLY looking forward to performing alongside our favourite artist in the world Aphex Twin and the rest of the bands on the bill.

We are pissed off that we can't make it this year, and we really hope to perform in Cornwall someday soon.

Best

Ninja, Yo-landi and DJ Hi-Tek"

------------------------------------

BANG FACE HARD CREW see you all in Newquay next week.

THE TIME HAS COME!!!

hi pips anyone interesting picking me up from Heathrow??i am arriving at eight in the morning of the big day!! i had arranged the cornish trip with my greek mates who live in London but finally they cant make it.. :( no money no acid

skype me obzrv2 if you are interesting

cheers

Guest Brian Sweeney Fitzgerald

I'd certainly be up for meet ups with any WATMMers, anyone here camping up tomorrow instead of Friday? Heading down on my own tomorrow and don't really fancy opening a bottle of whisky alone after an 8 hour train journey.

Barely made it out alive. Up at 6:30 am on Mon. and after driving 6 hours to get Superstix and Mike_Haggar to their flights out at Heathrow, I was a was a walking zombie. AFX was ok but way too loud (I know call me and old man, but I've never heard him that loud. His hearing must be going now. 6 big LED screens Squarepusher style, but not much else. Tech problems - sound went out after the first track. It was hot at balls in the room. Just felt he had the opportunity to do something unique around his old stomping grounds, and wasted it. I played Meltphace 6, one analord track heavily mixed in and an old one like Garden of Linmiri/Classics era something or other, also heavily mixed in.

The best part of the whole thing was chilling w/ Ceephax & Co. Andy would always come around to hang out. Johnny Jenks, Phily T, Jill, and the whole bunch! All great peeps! We even missed Ceephax's live set at the beach because there were no beach party times posted, tho you'd figure he was going to go last (nope), but all still was well.

Lots of cider, lot's of hand rolled cigs (kinda newish experience for the American crew) which were so tasty. We visited the Bowgie Inn where AFX used to DJ in the early days. I went to Qwennap Pit. Probably too much more to say.

Absolutely loved it. Still feeling a bit shaky but I've got some amazing memories. It was incredibly hot for Aphex, my beer was warm by the time you walk away from the bar. The mate that I was with has never really listened to much Aphex, or any other people there for that matter, and he truly enjoyed all of it.

My favourite set was DMX Krew although he seemed to start earlier than expected so missed the start. The Face room was fucking crazy on Sunday afternoon. Can't wait for next year.

Oh, SPD I only got your message after getting home. Couldn't turn my fucking phone on and they didn't do a car charger that fit. Have to arrange it for next year...

I was there, it was great, good to see some old WATMM faces, also met some nice crew from Texas that one of my mates was enthusiastically engaging with. Great sets all round, the Rephlex line up was all blinding! I hope there's some good recordings, I want to hear it all again.

Soundmurderer played an awesome remix of Squarepusher's District Line II.

Aphex was brilliant as expected.

Met loads of Rephlex guys who were all very friendly.

I would definitely go again if the line up was of the same standard!

Rephlex in the Face room was really warm and greeting like a good hug. Aleksi Parala was so nice and chill. EOD, need I say more? caught some of DMX Crew and that was fun. Jodey Kendrick had me buying his 2xCD today. Sadly missed Wisp because I heard that set was decapatating. Wish I had seen Dave Monolith as well, but I just could hang.

had an amazing time. had about 5000 technical fuckups during the start of my set, but it worked by the second track. also missed my glasses, so i couldnt really see shit most of the weekend, but it was still the best thing ever.

edit: soundmurderer playing district line ii was one of my absolute highlights...

Archived