IGNORED

Young's Double Chocolate Stout

Guest Sprigg

So I bought it on a whim, having loved the chocolate oak-aged Yeti, and this is definitely its equal. Chocolatey, dark, sweet... absolutely wonderful beer, that even a few of my friends who don't like beer seem to like.

Anybody else tried this magnificent drink?

youngs-double-chocolate-stout.jpg

Guest bitroast

i hate it. that's something about it which is appealing and looking at that pic makes me want to try it again, but i'm pretty sure i hate it.

I've seen it about but never fancied trying it.

I'll check it out next time I see it. They've just started doing Doom Bar in my local little Tesco so it's got some hefty opposition.

southern tier is probably my favorite microbrewer....so consistantly good....they had a hefeweiss with banana a few summers ago..it was fucking amazing....their superhoppy beer was good too...cant remember its name...

southern tier is probably my favorite microbrewer....so consistantly good....they had a hefeweiss with banana a few summers ago..it was fucking amazing....their superhoppy beer was good too...cant remember its name...

their ipa? i know that's won some awards.

southern tier is just amazing

their ipa? i know that's won some awards.

southern tier is just amazing

I think the one Im thinking of is "Unearthly" Ale?

this guy!

southern-tier-unearthly.jpg

Ghosty try the 25th anniversary Vanilla Doubledog if you can find it. It's the Turbodog kicked up and racked onto vanilla beans. Super good man

That sounds delicious, I may have to get over to the specialty beer shop around here and pick some of that up after Xmas

Guest uptown devil

Ghosty try the 25th anniversary Vanilla Doubledog if you can find it. It's the Turbodog kicked up and racked onto vanilla beans. Super good man

abita-25-vanilla-doubledog.jpg

had that a few weekends ago, super good is right. pretty damn inexpensive too.

this one is killer as well:

IMG_0668-570x855.jpg

I just picked up some of that Dragon's Milk... had to go to four shops to finally find it. Also grabbed some Founder's Breakfast Stout (which is strange, but quite good), some Samuel Smith's oatmeal stout, and another Young's Double Chocolate.

Sadly, the place that used to carry the chocolate oak-aged yeti stopped selling it, unless I want to order a whole case. :cry:

Archived