IGNORED

Young's Double Chocolate Stout

Guest Sprigg

That founders you mentioned is my favorite beer, hands down. Strange how?

I'm not sure. The aftertaste is just a bit odd. Definitely good, but very different.

Ghosty try the 25th anniversary Vanilla Doubledog if you can find it. It's the Turbodog kicked up and racked onto vanilla beans. Super good man

abita-25-vanilla-doubledog.jpg

this sounds delicious

Brooklyn chocolate stout is really good too

I had a sample of this last night:

whistler_dunkel.jpg.pagespeed.ce.uVcwfAN7jL.jpg

It was like drinking a beer brownie. There's a lot of beer that has a hint of chocolate, but this one tastes like chocolate straight up (ie warm it up in a mug for 70 seconds and you have hot chocolate). Did I mention chocolate? It has it in spades. It was like halloween all over again, except this time I went trick or treating and got chocolate which was then melted down and put into a beer which I then tasted. It's pretty chocolatey.

so, this has nothing to do with this thread, other than beer, but i had one of these last night

innis-gunn-original-21353963.jpg

Fantastic. Absolutely so.

It was a 2011 though, of course.

woah what sort of fancy innis & gunn is that? vintage editionz?

i used to drink this one by the crate (carton), smooth vanilla tasting stuff:

innisgunn.jpg

so, this has nothing to do with this thread, other than beer, but i had one of these last night

innis-gunn-original-21353963.jpg

Fantastic. Absolutely so.

It was a 2011 though, of course.

woah what sort of fancy innis & gunn is that? vintage editionz?

i used to drink this one by the crate (carton), smooth vanilla tasting stuff:

innisgunn.jpg

Apparently every once and a while they get access to super old casks that are used for aging scotch and they poor beer into them and let em sit for a while. The result is pure beauty. So smooth and complex, it was well worth the $5 canadian I paid. I want to go get some more.

My sister got me a nice beer for christmas. I'll snap a photo later on when i open it. I'm going to drink it with the hockey game. It sounds fabulous though, from the description on the bottle.

Archived