IGNORED

Actress - R.I.P

Redruth

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Wow, Actress is a man of letters

"I can't explain how I made those tracks, it's just impossible," he says. "It's like painting with button and sliders... Melting and dripping, seeping yourself liquid into the machinery."

nice :emotawesomepm9: april will be crazy... new Clark, new Addison Groove, new Actress... wow!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest viscosity

hopefully he's playing at that Unsound NYC festivity this April

"ah, wouldn't it be nice to have Actress playing his first ever live show in the U.S. at Unsound Fest NY? Just saying..."

hopefully he's playing at that Unsound NYC festivity this April

"ah, wouldn't it be nice to have Actress playing his first ever live show in the U.S. at Unsound Fest NY? Just saying..."

OMG YES THAT WOULD BE AMAZING. I've been waiting for Unsound folk to release venue/date/ticket details for weeks now. So many groups who I would otherwise never get a chance to see in NYC of all places—Demdike Stare, Hype Williams.....etc. Really looking forward to the festival.

Guest viscosity

2562, Biosphere, Pole. hopefully it's not difficult to get tickets. glad european electronic gets a chance to play live here, doesn't happen often enough

Yeah, Unsound should be amazing, lots of acts I will probably never get a chance to see otherwise. Provided it's not super hard to get tickets, I'm there!

shit, i'll probably see you dudes there. they said they'll announce specific dates/venues/tickets next week, btw.

shit, i'll probably see you dudes there. they said they'll announce specific dates/venues/tickets next week, btw.

Totally, always nice to meet a fellow WATMMer, especially, since I probably live within 5 miles of you.

I want this album so bad. The artwork looks beautiful as well. Very Actress-like. Anyway, his set at Berghain was amazing, really a master of emotions and sound-rooms. Hope you NY guys have a good time.

• 3 weeks later...

"South London producer Darren Cunningham's new album, R.I.P, underlines Actress’s reputation as one of the most eloquent voices to emerge from the sub-bass nexus of London dance music. His intuitive and original grasp of beats, textures and rhythm puts him on a parallel path to dance music innovators such as Drexciya, T++, Aphex Twin, Autechre, Burial and Basic Channel. Absolutely essential release by one of the most exciting producers of the 21st century."

http://clone.nl/item23374.html

3 of the new tracks were played on BBC recently. someone uploaded to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4Wa7UN01eY

previews make it sound like a bit of a return to hazyville. i adore hazyville (splazsh too, but to a lesser extent), so i have some high hopes for this. gonna try not to listen to the previews too much though, since i find actress tracks work best in context

previews make it sound like a bit of a return to hazyville. i adore hazyville (splazsh too, but to a lesser extent), so i have some high hopes for this. gonna try not to listen to the previews too much though, since i find actress tracks work best in context

Yeah, except Supreme Cunnilingus. Maybe my favorite Actress track, but I skip it when listening to Splazsh because it doesn't fit in. New songs sound fucking badass. Splazsh is probably my favorite album of all time; up there with Body Riddle, Down With the Scene, and Everything She Touched Turned Ampexian.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived