IGNORED

Actress - R.I.P

Redruth

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

previews for every track are up on honest jon's website now. sounds incredible. still trying not to listen to them too much though.

i haven't been this excited for an album in quite a while.

Guest blakeboogie

Actress does it again. I played Splazsh to death when it first released, but I actually think Hazyville is the better piece. This looks like it could top both of them which is something to be very excited about.

waiting for one of my local shops to have it on vinyl—managed to stave off indulging in both the new hype williams as well as this. and i suppose demdike stare too, but i have the record, just haven't gotten around to listening to it yet -_-

Guest ruiagnelo

very interesting interview and that clip, which is the only thing from the new record that i have heard, left me really excited

oh' my goodness gracious, actress has put the pieces together. the rough edges and worn corners of this masterwork. i do not want to speak on this album quite yet because it is so wonderful i really want it to settle and become what it will eventually be. i will say this, actress is something very special.

So far I still like Splazsh more, but I'll keep listening to R.I.P. It'll probably grow on me. Splazsh certainly did (it's probably in my top 5 albums, if not #1 or #2).

Guest trananhhung

The album is too gorgeous to be true. Ascending is like listening to the air moving on a dance floor but not listening to the actual music (god, I love that sidechain). Everything is so delicate and pure. Splazh had some annoying and long tracks (I actually preferred Hazyville), but this flows perfectly. Actress, I bow to you.

Archived