IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Episode 5 ROP was much better than episode 4

Flol at that old scouse bastard who calls Adar ‘Sauron’. Hahah. That didn’t go down to well did it? Pretty funny.

Beerwolf over and out ?

Edited by beerwolf

5 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Episode 5 ROP was much better than episode 4

Flol at that old scouse bastard who calls Adar ‘Sauron’. Hahah. That didn’t go down to well did it? Pretty funny.

Beerwolf over and out ?

Yea agreed.  This episode kept me more interested - i did enjoy it.  But the amount of cringe scenes in this show is hard to ignore.

Spoiler

EG:  The sword fight scene with Galadriel was right out of a really bad Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lyst said:

Yea agreed.  This episode kept me more interested - i did enjoy it.  But the amount of cringe scenes in this show is hard to ignore.

Hide contents

EG:  The sword fight scene with Galadriel was right out of a really bad Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

Spoiler

You just hit the nail on the head with Pirates of the Caribbean 

And apologies for not using spoilers watmm. From now on I will. 

Edited by beerwolf

There's a lot of talk about game of thrones and tolkein shit in here. Are you all retarded? Do you not have any quality control mechanisms. I expect  a lot more than this from a so called idm forum...

How low are your standards? It's  bad enough with all the infantile  superhero nonsense in the film thread.

Jesus.

Edited by perunamuusi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

Watmm is a blessing. It’s the only place on occasions I can fully abandon my quality control mechanisms and feel free.  Even my close friends I have to keep some sort of lid on it.

Hammer the galvanised nail into your japs eye!!! 

One day I’ll tell you about this dude I use to know who use to drink his own piss (and others) from a bucket he kept in his bedroom. Have gay sex with a bloke called The Pie Man. And use to suck off his uncle while wearing a orc mask ? 

You think I’m joking? It’s real. Okay the orc mask isn’t true (it wasn’t his uncle  IT WAS ME!!!)  but the rest is. He knew the best coke dealer in town. Mad times. Mad orcs.

• Confused 1

On 9/24/2022 at 8:55 AM, lyst said:

the amount of cringe scenes in this show is hard to ignore.

Truth. I find myself rolling my eyes and yelling at the tv more than I remember ever doing with a show before. For some reason I still can’t peel myself away tho. It’s basically like watching a billion dollar train wreck in slow motion. 

What is probably keeping me interested is the curiosity of how far off they can go from Tolkien canon while still trying to make sense of their “story”… which, along with the characters, is complete nonsense. 

Dahmer_netflix_series.jpg

ryan murphy doesn't understand horror. he understands kitsch. dahmer's story is incredibly difficult to translate because his obsession to cannibalize his victims was actually brought on by a deep fear of being alone. this plays more like ed kemper's story with a mother complex gone array.

On 9/24/2022 at 12:38 PM, perunamuusi said:

There's a lot of talk about game of thrones and tolkein shit in here. Are you all retarded? Do you not have any quality control mechanisms. I expect  a lot more than this from a so called idm forum...

How low are your standards? It's  bad enough with all the infantile  superhero nonsense in the film thread.

Jesus.

@Schlitzethe II

Spoiler

although I agree with u...

westworld s01 - not perfect but damn cool...

westworld s02 - also pretty cool ideas specially the cr4dl and the forge... they could have found a better way to express graphically the hosts passage into the forge though... it looked pretty silly how they did it... and a lot of filler specially the samurai episodes...

westworld s03 - Hot Terminator & Jesse Pinkman fight against that "free will destroyer" cristal ball from Devs with the intent of bringing down the apocalypse on human civilization...

"Science! Bitch!" in Pinkman's voice...

when Caleb's trip wears off:

• what genre is this?
  • it's reality man...

lmao

and why the fuck MIB's hand is still in that shape? they can build droids from scratch and he can't get a new hand? a fucking hand? even Luke Skywalker got a brand new one... geeeeezz louise...

what about when Nostradamus starts sending phone messages to everyone revealing their destinies? next time use spoiler tags ffs dude???‍♂️

the EMP kills the droids and Solomon but it doesn't destroy Caleb's flash drive? right...

this season was a trainwreck... it seemed like it was written by a 12 years old... the dialogues were so childish and silly, wtf...

not getting my hopes up to s04 but gonna start watching it anyway...

10 minutes ago, cruising for burgers said:

westworld s01 - not perfect but damn cool...

westworld s02 - also pretty cool ideas specially the cr4dl and the forge... they could have found a better way to express graphically the hosts passage into the forge though... it looked pretty silly how they did it... and a lot of filler specially the samurai episodes...

westworld s03 - Hot Terminator & Jesse Pinkman fight against that "free will destroyer" cristal ball from Devs with the intent of bringing down the apocalypse on human civilization...

"Science! Bitch!" in Pinkman's voice...

when Caleb's trip wears off:

• what genre is this?
  • it's reality man...

lmao

and why the fuck MIB's hand is still in that shape? they can build droids from scratch and he can't get a new hand? a fucking hand? even Luke Skywalker got a brand new one... geeeeezz louise...

what about when Nostradamus starts sending phone messages to everyone revealing their destinies? next time use spoiler tags ffs dude???‍♂️

the EMP kills the droids and Solomon but it doesn't destroy Caleb's flash drive? right...

this season was a trainwreck... it seemed like it was written by a 12 years old... the dialogues were so childish and silly, wtf...

not getting my hopes up to s04 but gonna start watching it anyway...

Gave up midway through season 4. Prepare your expectations accordingly.

14 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

Why are TV shows such an expensive hot mess right now. 

because attention spans are getting shorter and shorter thanks to point and click immediate gratification. there's also the TV show overload factor at play. this has been mentioned for probably the past 15 years. the "golden age" of TV launched whenever HBO dropped the Sopranos on everyone. then came Showtime, then FX, and so forth. now we have everyone and their fucking uncle producing TV shows, and there is far more crap now than when it was just like HBO/Showtime producing shit. the "golden age" is over, and now it's just consumerism run amok. society demands more crap! more! feed the machine.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Nebraska said:

ryan murphy doesn't understand horror. he understands kitsch. dahmer's story is incredibly difficult to translate because his obsession to cannibalize his victims was actually brought on by a deep fear of being alone. this plays more like ed kemper's story with a mother complex gone array.

There’s somewhat of a backlash against this film from the LGBTQ community, which I totally get.

New episode 4 of Andor.  I'm starting to sense a pattern here.  Extremely boring set-up / filler episodes before you see any kind of conflict or action.  Not horrible or anything but nothing to ring home about - you may end up scrolling through your phone or WATMM.

On 9/26/2022 at 12:13 PM, o00o said:

Is House of the Dragon worth watching? 

I love it. But I'm a big fan of the book too and it's a great adaptation so far.

On 9/26/2022 at 10:32 PM, Nebraska said:

honestly the fear of abandonment came through loud and clear to me! this was probably the best dahmer adaptation yet imo