IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

the courtroom stuff has been better than the prison stuff, they had spent far too much time on over-developing the characters, and not enough time on the plot. starting to pick up the pace now though.

When I say badly written, I mean in terms of realism. The characters in those roles are doing things they would never do and vice versa. I thought the prison scenes were decent, except for the bit about Naz being in GenPop

Have you watched the original series it's based on? I haven't gotten round to it yet, would be interesting to compare the two.

the courtroom stuff has been better than the prison stuff, they had spent far too much time on over-developing the characters, and not enough time on the plot. starting to pick up the pace now though.

When I say badly written, I mean in terms of realism. The characters in those roles are doing things they would never do and vice versa. I thought the prison scenes were decent, except for the bit about Naz being in GenPop

Have you watched the original series it's based on? I haven't gotten round to it yet, would be interesting to compare the two.

actual court cases are long and boring, they spend an age waffling about the minutiae of things. the lawyers and witnesses are often badly spoken and dumb. so lack of realism in courtroom procedurals is a good thing imho.

haven't seen the original.

Yeah no they can obviously cut out some stuff, but like when the prosecutor was all up in Katz's grill? Lol. Or just at least include some basic cross examination.

admittedly the show has lost some steam in the writing. it was so tightly constructed for a few eps. biggest issue is obviously the chandra kiss. wtf lol

Yeah that was pretty ridiculous. Also Naz starting to chase the dragon was a little whack.

really enjoyed the latest episode of Mr. Robot. Nice nagging paranoia throughout.

But, I think I'm starting to develop some kind of eye muscle strain from staring at the bottom left/right of the screen all the time. It was hip & cool framing of a scene to a point, but it's creeping into my real life where I'm always staring at peoples breasts or crotches whilst in conversation. No bueno.

Mr Jinx - Only watched the first episode but I like where this is going. I've kept from reading anything about it. Basically a body is found in bits in the sea and all points to a heir to one of the biggest property developers (or something) in New York. His wife already went missing years ago.

I was recommended it after watching Making a Murderer.

Mr. Robot - the paranoia is palatable. Funny thing is, the FBI is not really close with the investigation - unless that investment banker gave up darlene's name.

Really good episode that's moving the plot forward. The Susan Jacobs thing will come back to bite them in the ass though.

Mr Jinx - Only watched the first episode but I like where this is going. I've kept from reading anything about it. Basically a body is found in bits in the sea and all points to a heir to one of the biggest property developers (or something) in New York. His wife already went missing years ago.

Have you seen The Staircase?

really enjoyed the latest episode of Mr. Robot. Nice nagging paranoia throughout.

But, I think I'm starting to develop some kind of eye muscle strain from staring at the bottom left/right of the screen all the time. It was hip & cool framing of a scene to a point, but it's creeping into my real life where I'm always staring at peoples breasts or crotches whilst in conversation. No bueno.

lol yes

Got to queue up Halt and Catch Fire (on season 2 now) after I watch Mr Robot to recalibrate my eyeballs (H&CF is pretty lushly shot tbqh; lots of good naturalistic lighting).

Edit: got to love how the Mr Robot camera gaze is basically that of an autist avoiding eye contact, though.

Edited by baph

bojack the horseman - i find this style of humor where they machine gun you with those jewy, witty jokes as if checking if you're quick enough to get them all is pretty irritating, arrested development was kinda similar in that sense too (guess will arnett is attracted to this sort of thing?). every character being a fast paced joke generator is kinda messing up with coherence of the characters themselves - bojack can come up with those clever, multi level ironic constructs but can't gather enough self awareness to act a simple line in the movie script properly? kinda fishy. for a show that's hailed as cutting edge it feels a quite constrained too, like you know very well where its limits are and what places it won't go. i didn't get this feeling with rick and morty, for example, where it can get really wild and catch you off guard with its imagination and wackiness. i understand that the topic itself makes it stay pretty grounded to this irl holywood biz, but it's a fucking cartoon after all, you can do much more than just replace people with animals..

i still watch it because there are quite a few poignant and funny moments and just because i'm curious where they will go with it, but it's a big meh overall, i probably would ditch it if i wasn't in that limbo where i kinda make enough money and kinda have enough time to waste on mediocre shows.

Edited by eugene

I haven't, though remember the guy who recommended it talking about a staircase murder series. That'll be next then. I presume it's worth the watch?

I haven't, though remember the guy who recommended it talking about a staircase murder series. That'll be next then. I presume it's worth the watch?

absolutely

Ray%20Bradbury%20TV%20series%20complete-

great series. kinda like tales from the crypt or darkside

I vaguely remember watching this and loving it as a kid. It starts and ends with Ray Bradbury talking in his workshop with all sorts of weird stuff laying about right? I'll definitely check it out.

only the beginning has bradbury talking in his office- mainly making references to things he has around and how he takes inspiration from anything to create a story. the endings are just simple end credits.

you can find the entire series on youtube in HD (although it looks more like standard definition)