IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

I've been re-watching the old ITV series from 1967/68, The Prisoner - someone's uploaded really high quality versions recorded off Granada television in France:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC06hwuEqDl_sRkh4gfO1I2g

They've only put up 11 of 17 so far, so hopefully the remaining 6 (oh!) will get put up...

• Like 1

Just finished season 3 of The Expanse. Decent SF, with lots of nods to some of the classics of the genre. Not too much drama, just enough to be somewhat relevant to the plot (the Naomi/Holden deal). Apparently Season 4 is scheduled for December, which I think will be the downfall of the show - they should have wrapped it up at the end of Season 3 - too many options will lead to messy storylines.

On 7/22/2019 at 1:14 PM, joshuatxuk said:

finished Stranger Things season 3

I cannot think of another season of another show with such a literal dull and sluggish start that gradually picks up momentum to the point where I was genuinely wanting more at the season finale - to my own surprise actually

really hope they wrap it up with season 4, as much as they salvaged it I feel like they are stretching it already and the series needs a conclusion for it's own sake legacy wise. making a concluding movie wouldn't be a bad idea

They’ve been stretching since season 1 blew up and they had to scrap the anthology series aspect because Netflix wanted to keep the same cast. The fact that season 2 and 3 are watchable at all is miraculous.

Just give me a Robin & Steve spinoff show about constantly gaining and losing minimum wage jobs already. 

• Like 1

Any new / not so new good recommendations? Thirsty for some good show. I'm left with The Handmaid's Tale at the moment (jesus, what a snoozeville) and no other ongoing shows which is a bit of a bummer. "Dead to Me" with Linda Cardellini was alright but kinda quick. After that I couldn't get into anything new. 

On 7/23/2019 at 5:08 PM, Joyrex said:

I've been re-watching the old ITV series from 1967/68, The Prisoner - someone's uploaded really high quality versions recorded off Granada television in France:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC06hwuEqDl_sRkh4gfO1I2g

They've only put up 11 of 17 so far, so hopefully the remaining 6 (oh!) will get put up...

Big fan here, you’re a man of taste joydad.

3 hours ago, lickneonlights said:

Any new / not so new good recommendations? Thirsty for some good show. I'm left with The Handmaid's Tale at the moment (jesus, what a snoozeville) and no other ongoing shows which is a bit of a bummer. "Dead to Me" with Linda Cardellini was alright but kinda quick. After that I couldn't get into anything new. 

If you haven’t checked out the Expanse yet, now is the time. S4 drops in December!

28 minutes ago, Lada Laika said:

If you haven’t checked out the Expanse yet, now is the time. S4 drops in December!

I've been hesitant to give it a go because of some mixed reviews, although I'm a huge sci-fi fan (I mean who isn't). I'll check it out, thanks!

8 hours ago, Tim_J said:

yeah i don't know why it felt like something out of family guy or american dad, maybe it's too short to form an opinion yet...

Yeah that's what I'm hoping. And that's EXACTLY what I thought, that it feels like a family guy joke or something. Just entirely bland. The reason I'm worried even though we have no context, is that they chose to show it as the first preview. Not a good sign.

8 hours ago, lickneonlights said:

I've been hesitant to give it a go because of some mixed reviews, although I'm a huge sci-fi fan (I mean who isn't). I'll check it out, thanks!

It’s good. I’m a little hesitant about where they’ll go with season 4, but it’s good. Well worth the watch. 

12 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

It’s good. I’m a little hesitant about where they’ll go with season 4, but it’s good. Well worth the watch. 

I know book 4 isn’t the most popular but it’s one of my favorites of the series and I’m excited to see how they unfurl it (and inevitably how much of book 5 gets rolled into the second half). 

Man, i thought the first two seasons of The Expanse kinda sucked. Mostly bc a few of the main characters just bugged the shit out of me. I'm looking at you, Holden. You too, Miller.

edit: have not seen S3

Edited by luke viia
cuz editing

11 hours ago, Lada Laika said:

I know book 4 isn’t the most popular but it’s one of my favorites of the series and I’m excited to see how they unfurl it (and inevitably how much of book 5 gets rolled into the second half). 

I haven't read any of the books, it just seems like:

Spoiler

With all the wormholes, the storyline could get very messy very quickly.

I'll reserve judgement until after of course.

On 7/25/2019 at 1:18 PM, lickneonlights said:

I love this show, and am looking forward to next season.

Also huge fan of The Prisoner. 

1564069626-550855298-inaya-zhizn.jpg

terrible attempt at making a science fiction show by basically ripping off two of the last biggest sci-fi films (the arrival and interstellar+alien covenant) then mixing the two together because- why ripoff one when you can do both?

basically aliens arrive on earth and everyone is like- how do we communicate with these things? are they here to kill us all or are they peaceful? (first film successfully ripped off)

there is another story about a ship that's on an interstellar voyage to find out where that ship that landed from earth came from (this is the alien covenant part)- and shake things up, you have a crew made up of 20 somethings that spend most of their time arguing pop culture and making references to why they don't think the other is cool. 

the interstellar part is ripped off in one episode- then the other episode is basically solaris. all this is acted terribly and written very lazily (because they basically ripped everything off)