IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

4 hours ago, eugene said:

the boys is shit for deadppol fans. a hackneyed, tryhard and self aware take on the superhero thing that thinks itself as original but is actually much worse than any of the films/tvs it takes on, mainly due to incompetent direction and dumb writing.

lorna turned out to be a pretty tragic, cassavetestian, character in this last season, made me wanna look up what yael stone did besides this trash show.

too old to die young is def a headscratcher and a mixed bag, from dull and dumb and boring as fuck to fascinating and hypnotic and unpredictable. shit acting from the mexican duo and great acting by jena malone who invigorates every scene. same with cliff martinez score, some really bad cheese synth fart wankery to some really inspired moments and cool licensed music choices (like that jamaican(?) stuff). even the last episode is exactly half good, the jena malona part is great but then we get another drawn out, diminishing returns, `tute liberator scene. really dunno where #nwr (lol) is going with this. this is reminiscent of the twin peaks:return quite a bit, kinda of a wide scale, anything goes, epic with complete director's control, but nwr ain't david lynch, the highs aren't as high. he isn't von trier either when it comes to fucking with the audience, just isn't as clever. so i dunno, it's definitely more interesting than the typical A.I. scripted netflix trash, and there is some kind of own rhythm to it you can sometimes tune into, but i'm not so sure it's all worth the effort tbh.

I’d say it was worth the effort. How about Baldwin’s sniffing and growling? He’s an unsung genius.

• Like 1

The virtues

You can’t have Stephen Graham in a series without him flying off the handle 

PJ Harvey on the score too 

A bit stilted like most loachy brit misery but solid nonetheless 

The one where 2 lesbians fall in love with each other in a simulated reality of the 80's era but in the real world they're 2 dying grannies? Yeah, that's fucking sappy for real. I remember Playtest was batshit insane and cool (the one where they're testing a new game device), but I guess to each his own. San Junipero went on to win an award as a standalone episode, so maybe it just wasn't for me.

I loved White Bear, and the episode preceding San Junipero was Shut Up And Dance, which is sort of a retread of White Bear, but still dark and riveting.

So when San Junipero started I was like maaaaannnn fuck this hipster shit but then I was completely won over. In a way I see it as: not EVERYTHING social media has changed for us has been bad. For example, it’s easier to keep in touch with people in other countries and reconnect. We have a lot of cynicism towards it but there are a few advantages. 

3 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Four episodes into the boys, great stuff. Didn’t realize the comics were from 2006!

Yeah the Preacher comics are some of my favourite ever shit so I'm def gonna be looking these up.

9 hours ago, hello spiral said:

Yeah agreed. Thankfully he's not in it much

Ah, I meant in the graphic novel. Didn't know he was in the show too.

On 8/2/2019 at 9:20 AM, Candiru said:

Maybe I'm just a sappy guy, but that San Junipero episode of Black Mirror was actually pretty magical.

It's definitely one of the best. Comparing the recent season to the first few seasons, it feels like the showrunners aren't trying very hard anymore. Bandersnatch was classic Black Mirror though which saves the 'year' a bit.

Edited by Brisbot

Perpetual Grace, LTD - new thing from the guy who did patriot, which got rightfully cancelled. it's an uninspired take on cohen bros thing but without the lols that made patriot watchable, kinda of a dreary watch witnessing all those attempts at him trying to be quirky and smart, shoving in all kinds of cool musics and stuff. ben kingsley redoes sexy beast, it's all a big meh. the thing that bugs me the most is that the whole fucking thing is all brown and yellow, it's like someone peed on the film. i really don't get why would anyone think it's an interesting artistic decision.

Edited by eugene

I’m rewatching The Haunting of Hill House. 

What a show!!!

I loved it the first time around. This time, I’m picking up on a whole lot more details, such as the hidden ghosts and other tricks that are used. I wish every show was this good. 

Also, first time around, I didn’t realize that in episode #6 there are basically only 5 long takes that make up the entire episode. Pretty fuggin rad. 

Hidden Ghosts...

https://youtu.be/nmE4M6puY-4

Episode 6 BTS...

https://youtu.be/Gkhz2W2Gk4g

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I’m rewatching The Haunting of Hill House. 

What a show!!!

I loved it the first time around. This time, I’m picking up on a whole lot more details, such as the hidden ghosts and other tricks that are used. I wish every show was this good. 

Also, first time around, I didn’t realize that in episode #6 there are basically only 5 long takes that make up the entire episode. Pretty fuggin rad. 

Isn't that the episode of the funeral? I got really nervous after about forty seconds without a cutaway.

Finally started watching The Expanse as it was recommended to me over and over again by various peeps - I gotta say, enjoying it so far (9 episodes into the first season).

• Burger 1

Started Euphoria

my god teenagers suck...at least if real life is anything like this. 

Druggy trap killed music

when they cut some shitty auto tune kick snare ambient gash next to classic soul the contrast shows how low we have sunk 

narcissism depression general meanness dicks and boobs 

fun though  

Edited by bendish