IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

30 minutes ago, IDEM said:

I'm sure they mean that in the best possible way.

No... no they don't - whenever he does something 'Walter-y' (aka angry white man), they say 'that's so you lmao!'

8 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

No... no they don't - whenever he does something 'Walter-y' (aka angry white man), they say 'that's so you lmao!'

I like how "lmao" is part of the quote. Do people actually say that out loud? "Rofl, you said lol!"

My girlfriend was curious about Always Sunny so I'm going through it again with her. Even the first season seems to hold up. Although, I'm seeing how newer shows started copying their pace and cadence.

33 minutes ago, IDEM said:

I like how "lmao" is part of the quote. Do people actually say that out loud? "Rofl, you said lol!"

No; I was using it as a way of showing how they are laughing at me... Imma gonna go cry now

13 hours ago, Braintree said:

My girlfriend was curious about Always Sunny so I'm going through it again with her. Even the first season seems to hold up. Although, I'm seeing how newer shows started copying their pace and cadence.

Arrested Development got copied big time as well. It came to mind if I ever caught an episode of Modern Family. 

Edited by Candiru

Swamp thing ended up being pretty terrible, I think they blew their cash and attempts at a script on the first couple of episodes and just kept on filming.

There are a couple of scenes where action happens and they haven't had money to add the cgi or post effects so people interact with and react to empty space on the screen.

Started watching Green Frontier, seems a bit silly and preachy but I like the setting and people in it.

Edited by Gocab

started the 1st season of THE EXPANSE, me likey,....also RICK AND MORTY 4 and THE MANDALORIAN,both good also,the mandalorian reminds me of saturday morning kids shows,each episode kinda works on ts own with a simple story linking the series,nice n easy entertaining tv

On 12/11/2019 at 10:11 AM, Joyrex said:

Finally got around to seeing Breaking Bad - another series I had zero interest in until my daughter prompted me to watch it on how good it is.

And she was right - currently nearing the end of Series 3 and it's great.

I'd say watch El Camino after finishing BB, then move onto Better Call Saul.  It's a lot to remember when you go back to Jesse's story.

On 12/12/2019 at 8:42 AM, o00o said:

Watchmen, Mandalorian, Rick & Morty

All highly suggested 

ep7 of Mandalorian comes out today, to avoid Friday's Rise of Skywalker release.

Amazon offers me a free month of prime every few years so I binged The Boys over the last few days.  Good show.  Butcher, Frenchie, & Homelander were my standouts.  Anyone have other show recommendations from Prime?  I started watching Ronja from Studio Ghibli, but wondering if there's any more exclusive series I should check out before my free month is up.

5 hours ago, cloud capture said:

Amazon offers me a free month of prime every few years so I binged The Boys over the last few days.  Good show.  Butcher, Frenchie, & Homelander were my standouts.  Anyone have other show recommendations from Prime?  I started watching Ronja from Studio Ghibli, but wondering if there's any more exclusive series I should check out before my free month is up.

The Americans, Jack Ryan, The Man in the High Castle, Carnival Row, Electric Dreams, Lore, Picnic at Hanging Rock, Mr. Bean, Good Omens, Animal Kingdom, Egypt, One Strange Rock, Budding Prospects

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

I'm not a Lindelof fan, but he did something really good with the Watchmen series. Heavier than expected.

Episodes 5-8 was some of the best TV this year. Basically all the origin story episodes from Looking Glass to the episode before the finale. 

However the finale while alright didn't quite live up to what the show was building up. Though I'd say it was still satisfactory enough.

^was wondering about that

Watchmen overall was much better than i expected. i'd say it was forced and over the top and heavy-handed but that's all in line with the comic so at least they translated a lot of that tone into the show, obviously with very different subjects and means and so forth. was certainly much more enjoyable than the movie (though i do think it's okay, for the record). would be curious if there's going to be some extended cuts or something maybe, it feels like there was some more in there that got left out for time, but maybe just tight editing (not a bad thing necessarily ofc). time stuff got a little silly but nbd.

some really solid acting for the most part, King obviously was top notch but i don't think anyone did bad. everything looked really, really good and i was not expecting that. even fucking GoT looked a bit cheap here and there in those last seasons and i know good and well HBO were throwing cash at it.