IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Locke and Key was good fun (binged it last weekend), also watching Picard every Friday (it gets better by the episode.)
Started binging The Expanse yesterday evening, I remember starting it and disliking it a few years a go, now I dig it and must say above average entertainment, very enjoyable series  ?

20 hours ago, marf said:

Locke and Key isn't bad. It's a pretty visual show. kind of fun actually. 

Just watch it at home. You get to relax and not get a manslaughter charge for driving though a farmers market. 

Haha.  Getting to realize how ridiculous that sounded.  Should've said in first post i don't actually watch it i just listen to it really.  >.<.

But back to Locke and Key.  I'm watching the whole first season over again with my wife who hasn't seen it yet, to see if i can pick up on things i missed first go around.  I really like how dark the show can get.

Another show I caught was "RAGNAROK" on Netflix.  I usually stay away from foreign stuff but i had fun watching this.  Maybe because I know nothing about Norse Mythology and it felt like something very new to me.  It's not getting rave reviews but I hope it gets picked up for another season, I enjoyed watching it almost as much as Locke and Key.

My wife recently splurged and got an HBO streaming subscription so she and I are currently watching The Outsider. It’s quite good. 
We’ve also been watching Armando Iannucci’s new show Avenue 5. It’s ridiculous but fun. 
Both shows are pretty much perfect palate cleansers for each other.  

The only thing I didn’t love about the new Picard episode was the Cruel Intentions scene with the Romulan siblings. Otherwise I thought it was fantastic. I’ve never identified more with a Trek character than Agnes - Allison Pill is wonderful. And Frakes should just direct the rest of the show.

Spoiler

Seven’s introduction was great, too. I missed her name in the credits so that was a nice surprise.

On 2/15/2020 at 4:27 PM, Tim_J said:

That is interesting. Avenue 5 is a similar concept but I instead of bumbling astronauts, it’s about the bumbling crew of a future space cruise. Ave 5 definitely scratches my itch for the classic Iannucci / Alan Partridge style of comedy. 

The Disney version of High Fidelity is kind of a mixed bag so far.  Why can't they do an adaptation set in uh, London??  Do I really need to see more jaded Millennial New York hipsters complaining about how bad they have it?  I was interested to see if there was gonna be much musical discussion of digital vs. physical, streaming, etc, something!   Zoe Kravitz comes off kind of whiny, making her a chain smoker is just lame in 2020, and being a 30 year old constantly referencing 50-80 year old music I can't see relates much to music fans of the target demographic.  Reference the 80s or 90s, 2000s, whatever.  There's also the "Friends" cliche, she owns a failing business AND holds down a huge apartment in Brooklyn.  The Barry / Cherise character is a bright spot, providing the comic relief (Da'Vine Joy Randolph from Dolemite is My Name).

zoe.jpg

• Facepalm 1

On 2/15/2020 at 9:29 AM, Tim_J said:

Home movies - so cozy 10/10

Metalocalypse - hilarious 10/10

Home movies cycles through as the comfort/fall asleep series of choice often in our household... classic...

• Like 1

On 2/20/2020 at 9:15 PM, Rubin Farr said:

The Disney version of High Fidelity is kind of a mixed bag so far.  Why can't they do an adaptation set in uh, London??  Do I really need to see more jaded Millennial New York hipsters complaining about how bad they have it?  I was interested to see if there was gonna be much musical discussion of digital vs. physical, streaming, etc, something!   Zoe Kravitz comes off kind of whiny, making her a chain smoker is just lame in 2020, and being a 30 year old constantly referencing 50-80 year old music I can't see relates much to music fans of the target demographic.  Reference the 80s or 90s, 2000s, whatever.  There's also the "Friends" cliche, she owns a failing business AND holds down a huge apartment in Manhattan.  The Barry / Cherise character is a bright spot, providing the comic relief (Da'Vine Joy Randolph from Dolemite is My Name).

zoe.jpg

Right. Because we all enjoyed High Fidelity for the riveting plot and not for the specific subculture it portrayed - you know, the one that was very, very specific to the late 1980s / mid 1990s when youngish men sincerely thought someone's taste in music equalled their moral standing.

:facepalm:

8 hours ago, Tim_J said:

Bojack last season, twas pretty fun as always until the last episodes, i cried a little bit... Not just because of the ending but also because of nostalgia... Best animated show on tv in the last few years... 

5cdaf3c3e414b761698257.thumb.gif.102b946

20 hours ago, lyst said:

Feel like i'm running through everything.  Trying "The Strain" out right now.  Vampire Horror by Guillermo del Toro? Worth a try.

It sounded good on paper, but I had to drop it after the first season. Don't remember much about it.

• Like 1

^ i watched it all. it does improve slightly but even then it's nothing great. it's perfectly acceptable television, got a few chuckles out of it and a couple of episodes were slightly engaging, i just watched it while washing dishes and the like. 

• Thanks 1