IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Check It Out! with Dr. Steve Brule
this is hilarious. can't believe I've never come across it before. 
I love it
Are you a Tim and Eric fan?

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

I remember seeing some of the Awesome show a long long time ago, but haven't watched anything else by them. looks like they've got a pretty good catalog to choose from.

I remember seeing some of the Awesome show a long long time ago, but haven't watched anything else by them. looks like they've got a pretty good catalog to choose from.
I love awesome show
Bed times stories is pretty good
Beef house is so so

Also check Nathan for you produced by them5a25b1d5d5159ccb44f5f902ea8ce666.jpg

Don't forget Tom goes to the mayor
A while ago I compiled a list of stuff they're involved into but right now it might be a bit outdated:
https://www.imdb.com/list/ls073038420/
Awesome list, great job!

Those guys are so prolific is hard to keep up
Also I have to admit I don't like everything they do sometimes is too anti comedy.

I keep forgetting to check Tom goes the mayor

On 6/12/2020 at 1:26 PM, zero said:

Check It Out! with Dr. Steve Brule

this is hilarious. can't believe I've never come across it before. 

Whenever I need a laugh I go straight to the extended wine scene on Youtube. It's incredible.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2020 at 8:21 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Space Force is pretty bad

it's basically a Greg Daniels crossover into the Christopher Guest universe (Best In Show, Mighty Wind, Waiting For Guffman) so it's quite dry and low-key

I had no expectations going in and I like it, it's pretty mellow - bit relieved it isn't as topical and the POTUS jokes are sidelined, there's plenty about the military industrial complex, the USAF and Space Force especially, to lampoon and it exceeds at that 

I blew through it pretty quickly but it's by no means something I'd recommend enthusiastically 

On 5/24/2020 at 11:43 AM, luke viia said:

Finished The Great the other night. Loved it.

Fucking weird, but it came from the heart, so... huzzah.

REALLY enjoyed this, nice payoff in the last episode. We need more shows that really showcase the absurd cruelty, greed, and delusional power of royal leaders and their courts, this and The Favourite help me cleanse whatever bias the Crown instilled in me over it's run so far in terms of being way too tolerate of monarchism. I'm glad they decided to just embrace the idea of exaggerated historical fiction, suits Catherine The Great - who really was a fascinating and competent ruler - and the history of Russia as a whole quite well. Whole cast is great and I had no idea Elle Fanning was such a great actress. 

• Like 2

Actually finished it a bit ago, but deserves (another) mention: Devs - spectacular. Hovering around one of my fave things ever, stuck the landing in the last episode in a way that I didn't think was possible. No spoilers, just going to say to say I constantly vacillate on how I feel about the last part in the best way possible. 

Recently finished watching Legion. Hol-EE crap. If I were to pick a show to rank purely on style I think Legion might be up there as the tippity top one. I had watched S1 ages ago and enjoyed it, but feel like S2 elevated the show to another level. S3 does some amazing things that, in a way, also pick at similar themes to Devs (but in a different way). Also, I rarely smoke these days, and this show had the unique effect of making me feel like I had while watching it, even though I hadn't. Very strange, but think it speaks to the power of the audiovisual experience (the sound design on this show is as amazing as the visuals). 

succession has been alright for a few larfs. there's some really annoying scenes and characters that exist simply drive the plot forward which is always the sign of weak writing. luckily hbo budget means the actors are very good, apart from the sister who i initially thought was great but then reached the limits of her range in about 3 episodes. I give it a B-.

Gangs of London. Once you realise the ginger lead is boss eyed, it’s hard focusing on which eye is looking where, never mind your own. Boring as fuck, punctuated by some superbly choreographed fight scenes. Got to ep5 & quit.

Finished the Bodyguard show on Netflix last night. It was pretty awesome up until the last episode. The very end made zero sense. Massive let-down.
Great performances throughout, though. 

also

Currently in the middle of Who Killed Malcom X documentary series. Very interesting stuff. Recommended ?

avenue 5 - it is what it is, doesn't try to be anything else... lots of lols found...

space force - some lols where pretty good but overall it was a bit stale... unlike avenue 5, it tried too hard sometimes...

the end of the fucking world - don't really care how hipster-ish it is, I liked it... good soundtrack and cinematography... just like i'm not okay with this...

carnival row - on the thing's imdb page there's a lovecraftian recommendations video and this series was there... I guess it kept me entertained cause I could identify a lot of lovecraft themes and lately i've raised an interest in it...

lost in space - pretty cool show to watch while driving or making choons...

Edited by Tim_J