IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 5/5/2022 at 2:14 PM, lyst said:

Re-watching Stranger Things for the third time over.  Been having some health issues and that show just makes me feel good.  As much as I hate spending time staring at a screen, it sure can lift my mood.

New Season coming out too and the trailer looks pretty bonkers.

I'm going to rewatch it as well. And I know what you mean about comfort shows.

Edited by yekker
  • Like 1

Just finished watching this 3 part documentary series…

spacer.png

Quite good. 
The story is completely insane. Don’t watch any trailers or anything. Just go into it blind and buckle up. 

Not watching, but as there's no thread for upcoming series, I'll post here: Steven Knight of Peaky Blinders fame is making a series about and the era of Ska and 2-Tone music, Two Tone. Sounds fantastic to me.

This new six-part series on BBC One will be set in the West Midlands at a time of "real cultural and historical progression", Karen Wilson, from producers Kudos said.

The music scene - which fused traditional Jamaican ska music with punk - produced bands including The Specials, The Selecter, The Beat and Madness, who went on to cement their place in popular culture.

Steven Knight to create 2 Tone drama in Birmingham (BBC)

• Like 1

71sT+xJZb7L._AC_SY606_.jpg

has anyone else watched this? started last night and it's pretty wild. it's a cross between MASH and platoon.

not sure why, but there is "a lot" of sexual harassment in the first episode. one girl breaks down after some guys get into a helicopter to spy on her when she's showing. for whatever reason, every guy in this is like SUPER horny. anyway, she tells a female senior officer to which she receives the following reply: boys will be boys. just toughen up. you'll be okay here. 

cut to- robert picardo from VOY pinching a row of women's asses. one of them is chloe webb. WTF happened to chloe webb? i had such a crush on her.
also, a guy that looks like the bad guy from cobra playing an emotionally damaged soldier falls in love with the girl that was spied on when she was showering. 

there's also this black dude who's invited to a table by a colleague for drinks, but when he gets there everyone else gets up and leaves. he says "see, i tried so hard to be white, but black is cool again." 

according to imdb: this show was well received and won a bunch of awards and had some actual vets working on it

• Like 1

Half assedly watching Eurovision Song Contest thing, it's very very very painful.

On 5/10/2022 at 11:07 PM, Silent Member said:

Half assedly watching Eurovision Song Contest thing, it's very very very painful.

I'm back in hell. Please make me stop.

I'm ok now, I managed to convince my partner to watch something else by crying hysterically and setting my pubes on fire.

• Big Brain 1

On 2/22/2021 at 1:10 PM, Squee said:

Finally finished The Sopranos.

Motherfucking god damn orange peel beef, it's so fucking good! Second viewing was even better. James Gandolfini's breathing should have won all the Emmys.

These scenes / 10

And then Paulie saying "Oooh" backwards.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Flol at that paulie bit 

Also watched the movie few days ago. It was okay. As in "your sister's cunt!" ok

26 minutes ago, Berk said:

Flol at that paulie bit 

Also watched the movie few days ago. It was okay. As in "your sister's cunt!" ok

Stayed away from it. I don't want my extreme and unhealthy relationship to The Sopranos to be soiled by that movie.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Not bad for 60 year old guys, some good lols so far 

2D042F1B-9F04-4FFB-8364-C8CD714382A1.jpeg

As a long-time superfan I’m intrigued. 

Currently watching the last season of Ozark. Great stuff. Laura Linney succeeds at making you hate her guts. Definitely a few lapses in logic here ad there but it’s still highly entertaining. 

On 5/13/2022 at 5:25 PM, cwmbrancity said:

9118F79A-3448-4636-ADDF-7E6AE9836332.jpeg

Love this classic Paulie bit 

also loled about Silvio at the end

Edited by Berk
  • Like 2