IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Finished The Last Of Us. My initial cynicism squashed. Thought it was excellent.

About to start last season of Banshee. Then I guess its Mandalorian 3 

Star Wars Baby Yoda GIF by Happy Motion

• Like 1

16 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Finished The Last Of Us. My initial cynicism squashed. Thought it was excellent.

I enjoyed it too. It ended ambiguous which is ok, but it bothered me that Joel turned out quite a self-centered asshole even after all that shit he went through with Ellie. One would think he could overcome himself and find personal / moral courage, but I guess the character was supposed to be a bad man with no redeeming quality and personal growth potential. I haven't played the game, so idk how that plays into the lore.

On 3/12/2023 at 7:20 AM, ooqpoo said:

Watched The Night Of which was pretty good. It dragged sometimes and got close to being just another mediocre crime/courtroom drama, but good performances, especially from Turturro, make it enjoyable. Also cool to see the kid from Four Lions. 

Station Eleven was a bit convoluted in a kind of annoying, unnecessary way, but the good things definitely outweigh the bad. Loved the first airport episode, that Irish dude is very watchable.

Currently watching Fleishman Is In Trouble, very good so far. 

+1 on The Night Of, but sadly I couldn't get over the annoying traits of Station Eleven, especially the melodramatic soundtrack – oh well.

Speaking of shows fronted by Mackenzie Davis, I only have good things to say about this earlier one, Halt and Catch Fire, highly recommend it to anyone interested in watching a drama about the 80s tech industry. Give it some time and it will pay off.

Alice in wonderland ---> cube + battle royale 

Pretty meh... Main protagonists are annoying af...

On 3/16/2023 at 11:27 AM, Neurodancer said:

sadly I couldn't get over the annoying traits of Station Eleven, especially the melodramatic soundtrack – oh well.

+1... Sadly...

Edited by cruising for burgers

Netflix documentary on MH-370. Very interesting. Conspiracy theorists will love it. Though sadly no ? involved.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Burger 1

On 3/16/2023 at 3:05 PM, cichlisuite said:

I enjoyed it too. It ended ambiguous which is ok, but it bothered me that Joel turned out quite a self-centered asshole even after all that shit he went through with Ellie. One would think he could overcome himself and find personal / moral courage, but I guess the character was supposed to be a bad man with no redeeming quality and personal growth potential. I haven't played the game, so idk how that plays into the lore.

The Last of Us follows the story of the game I think. Same ending. 

After Lance Reddick died, I decided to watch OZ. Two episodes in, and the whole thing seems so dated. The acting, the production, the music. Everything. Can't believe this has a 8,7 IMDB rating. Does it get better? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, o00o said:

pretty epic. Every episode jumps one year forward

hmm, seems like apple TV is the new HBO...

En Place. About a black guy from the ghetto who tries to become president of France. Featuring Benoit Poelvoorde as the bad guy, so you know it's gonna be good.

Funny the way French comedy can be when it's done well (which this is).

en place.jpeg

On 3/20/2023 at 9:36 AM, beerwolf said:

Netflix documentary on MH-370. Very interesting. Conspiracy theorists will love it. Though sadly no ? involved.

Netflix documentary Ancient Apocalypse. Very interesting. Conspiracy theorists will love it. Though sadly no ? involved!

9177F9E2-88E8-4366-BAA1-CC3C7E9B0D7B.thumb.jpeg.8a5806c9a98add3a19e7a6de6c68fdcb.jpeg

Probably seen more documentaries on Waco than any other subject. I think the Storyville one maybe the best but my memory is fuzzy. Either way this is a guaranteed watch.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, beerwolf said:

9177F9E2-88E8-4366-BAA1-CC3C7E9B0D7B.thumb.jpeg.8a5806c9a98add3a19e7a6de6c68fdcb.jpeg

Probably seen more documentaries on Waco than any other subject. I think the Storyville one maybe the best but my memory is fuzzy. Either way this is a guaranteed watch.

Just watched this one too. Interesting and tragic stuff. I remember when the whole thing went down but I never really knew too many details. It’s really impressive how the doc weaves all of the storylines together. 

I just finished watching the Ted Kaczinski Unabomber documentary series and that was really well done. Highly recommend. 

3 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Just watched this one too. Interesting and tragic stuff. I remember when the whole thing went down but I never really knew too many details. It’s really impressive how the doc weaves all of the storylines together. 

I just finished watching the Ted Kaczinski Unabomber documentary series and that was really well done. Highly recommend. 

I watched the whole thing from beginning to end late last night. Love a bit of Waco.

I'm 100% sure years and years ago I watched a documentry which pinned the starting of the fires on the FBI and that the FBI had snipers positioned outside exit points of the compound and were popping the Branch Davidian's off one by one as they tied to escape the flames. Now with this documentary it seems the rhetoric is the Branch Davidian's set the place on fire rather than give in to government forces and die in flames with their Puppet Master Dave. Obviously not the Son of God.

Edited by beerwolf

On 3/25/2023 at 2:13 AM, cruising for burgers said:

Keep watching this Alice in Borderland bullshit while browsing watmm... Might as well be an anthology... No character development at all... New game every episode... Shitty games... Annoying characters... ?

not even gonna bother with s02...