IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

4 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

220px-Citadel_Amazon_TV_Show_Promotional

if you've ever watched any of the ethan phelps mission impossible films, then you're probably aware of how utterly insufferable those are in terms of their "missions" and storytelling. this is worse because it's trying to do something similar, but expanded to 'a john wick / continental scenario' with a smaller budget, and less competent actors.

also, the main dame doesn't strike me as someone who's fit for this role but rather, someone who's fit to pay for someone to find her someone who can do all this stuff for her.

basically, this is the rings of power version of spy thrillers out of ten

Mission Impossible films are atrocious. I've watched all of of them. For about 20 minutes each.

just started watching Succession. can already tell this is gonna be great for a binge watch, will fly by pretty fast. type of show that hooks you in easily, since the plot is fairly simple in the beginning. tons of Machiavellian scheming on display here.

Couldn't resist and still watching 'from' weekly.

Last couple eps have been boring nothing burgers, I anticipate the season  it's gonna end on a cheap cliffhanger moving exactly nothing forward that'll piss me off.

3 hours ago, zero said:

just started watching Succession. can already tell this is gonna be great for a binge watch, will fly by pretty fast. type of show that hooks you in easily, since the plot is fairly simple in the beginning. tons of Machiavellian scheming on display here.

Yeah it’s pretty good. Definitely worth watching. Not really my favourite subject matter but done very well. There is one of the funniest scenes I’ve ever seen in a show. I won’t spoil it for you but it involves Roman and his mobile phone. Absolutely classic ? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

i was recently made aware of the fact that succession is created by jesse armstrong, the dude responsible for peep show, and it blew my tiny mind to smithereens. there are so many references and easter eggs that initially passed me by.

oh shit really? been avoiding succesion but that's enough reason to give it a try...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

oh shit really? been avoiding succesion but that's enough reason to give it a try...

it's a lot funnier than I was expecting. I thought it would be more like a Sopranos type drama, with the occasional funny moments. but this show is packed with very dark and socially awkward humor.

On 5/24/2023 at 2:54 PM, beerwolf said:

I won’t spoil it for you but it involves Roman and his mobile phone. Absolutely classic ? 

I got to that bit, and immediately thought so that's what that beerwolf guy was talking about!

• Haha 1

I’m re-watching The Haunting of Hill House for the 4th time because I recently read the book. Dang. This show. It’s so ridiculously good. It’s also very sad. My wife won’t watch it with me, not because of the scares but because of the sadness. I love it though. 
It’s definitely worth revisiting once a year. I think whenever I feel there is either nothing good to watch or that I have watched something that is just not very good, it’s nice to know that this show exists and it’s still on Netflix. 

Spoiler

Spoiler alert. 

The end of the series is a huge misstep, as many people have discussed. I have a couple episodes to go until I’m there again but lord do I wish they put that tiny window in the room at the very end… as was originally intended. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 1
  • Burger 1

14 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I’m re-watching The Haunting of Hill House for the 4th time because I recently read the book. Dang. This show. It’s so ridiculously good. It’s also very sad. My wife won’t watch it with me, not because of the scares but because of the sadness. I love it though. 
It’s definitely worth revisiting once a year. I think whenever I feel there is either nothing good to watch or that I have watched something that is just not very good, it’s nice to know that this show exists and it’s still on Netflix. 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler alert. 

The end of the series is a huge misstep, as many people have discussed. I have a couple episodes to go until I’m there again but lord do I wish they put that tiny window in the room at the very end… as was originally intended. 

Yeah I remember you telling me about this show. I kind of dismissed it at the time. But maybe I should revisit it. A few good friends have also recommended it. I think it depends on your mindset when you sit down to watch or listen to certain things. If you’re not on a certain wavelength then it’s a waste of time. When the late Autumn comes then I’ll try again.

Barry had the perfect ending, really great. Bill Hader can do it all.

Willow - This would have been a better Disney+ movie, it ran out of steam and budget half way thru. The episode where they go back to the castle and it's haunted by Bavmorda's ghost could have been expanded.

On 5/26/2023 at 8:35 AM, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

i was recently made aware of the fact that succession is created by jesse armstrong, the dude responsible for peep show, and it blew my tiny mind to smithereens. there are so many references and easter eggs that initially passed me by.

should I watch this?

MV5BNjZiYzRiNGMtMGMxNC00YTM5LTkyMGQtNTc0Mjg5NDE1NDM2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg0NTcxMTg@._V1_.jpg

I’ve never watched Peep Show either. I have a problem with comedy (I know it’s a weird genre to have a problem with). LOL.

I just don’t like people who think they are funny. Because generally they aren’t. I find it astonishing the Alan Partridge is cited as the the funniest UK comedy ever created. I sat through the whole thing and only laughed once. LOL.

There’s a new bloke at work called Colin Salmon. He’s about 55 years old and thinks he’s a bit of a laugh and a joker and funny. He isn’t. He said to me a lot of people ‘have an attitude round here’. No they don’t. They just don’t find you funny you fucking ridiculous imbecile. LOL.

Goodnight ? 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 1

Dead Ringers - Favorite show of the year so far, excellent expansion of the ideas presented in the Cronenberg movie, with maybe the best idea for a gender swap remake ever. It has even more of a JG Ballard vibe to it than the film; gynecology as science fiction, playing on men's ignorance of the subject, the big pharma patriarchy, the Sackler family, the abortion debate, IVF, gene editing, cloning, same sex parents, medical ethics, they really covered the bases. Major plot points were left ambiguous to the viewer, and we were debating what actually happened after it was finished. The visual prosthetics and sound effects work were also top notch.

*the apartment building they shot in was managed by a woman who was delivered by the real life Marcus twins.

Spoiler

Who fathered these baby twins? was Genevieve a trans woman capable of fertilizing Beverly? did they use Genevieve's brother's sperm? Was the Mandle twins' conception somehow manipulated by Michael McKean's sadistic gynecologist character decades ago? Was Ellie a real person, or has Beverly been living in a delusion (Tyler Durden style) since something apparently happened with a near or total drowning, during their childhood, but again that's left ambiguous. What will happen to the two test tube embryos, the children of Beverly and that cringey lab assistant? Will there be a season 2?

• Like 2

On 4/22/2023 at 12:03 PM, toaoaoad said:

Hmm ? Honestly it's all kind of a blur of bad plots and good laughs, just binge some lol

I spoke too soon with this. Things took a major nosedive in season 26, too many contrived topical episodes and not enough laughs. It has mostly been a slog since then and I'm only on season 28. Occasionally there'll be a good one, and a clever joke here and there, but yeah whatever revival I was sensing died in season 26 and has yet to reappear. Why are they still going, seriously? 

[re: Simpsons]

20 hours ago, beerwolf said:

I’ve never watched Peep Show either. I have a problem with comedy (I know it’s a weird genre to have a problem with). LOL.

I just don’t like people who think they are funny. Because generally they aren’t. I find it astonishing the Alan Partridge is cited as the the funniest UK comedy ever created. I sat through the whole thing and only laughed once. LOL.

There’s a new bloke at work called Colin Salmon. He’s about 55 years old and thinks he’s a bit of a laugh and a joker and funny. He isn’t. He said to me a lot of people ‘have an attitude round here’. No they don’t. They just don’t find you funny you fucking ridiculous imbecile. LOL.

Goodnight ? 

man peep show is hilarious... att time I wasn't even too much into British comedy but it's one of my favorite comedies ever... but I also love Alan partridge so... they are very funny, you just don't find them funny you fucking ridiculous imbecile. LOL

Goodnight Mr.??

one thing I fucking hate is stand up comedy... even actors I find funny in shows and stuff I lose a lot of consideration for them when I see them doing stand up... Louis is an exception... Ricky Gervais is atrocious... and there's seem to be a niche of American stand up actings that have plenty fans which IMHO are fucking the worst thing in comedy ever... I subscribed to nexflix once during pandemic and I watched lots of them because they showed up on suggestions based on what you've seen and goddamn how can somebody make a living out of that...

• Haha 1