IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Adventure Time : Islands - Sooo Good. Love this show. 

Fuck I am so behind on this show - 200+ episodes now! I suppose I can pick up without having to backtrack quite a few seasons right?

For 3/4 of the episodes. Some unfortunately tie back to other episodes. But, saying that, it's not a major concern if you jump in wherever. Islands is pretty amazeballs.

Fuck I am so behind on this show - 200+ episodes now! I suppose I can pick up without having to backtrack quite a few seasons right?

I have started watching Moral Orel yesterday and I like it. Only 5 eps far but it's a relaxing 5 minutes and actually pretty funny (despite its cheesy and predictable jokes).

It relies heavily on the look and feel of those old David & Goliath shows it spoofs but yeah it's pretty good.

RE: Adventure Time - for the past several seasons, there has been a connected storyline, so I would advise watching from where you left off.

I have started watching Moral Orel yesterday and I like it. Only 5 eps far but it's a relaxing 5 minutes and actually pretty funny (despite its cheesy and predictable jokes).

It relies heavily on the look and feel of those old David & Goliath shows it spoofs but yeah it's pretty good.

RE: Adventure Time - for the past several seasons, there has been a connected storyline, so I would advise watching from where you left off.

Papa is right. I forgot about some of the more recent storylines. It did become somewhat serialized. Finn's arm eps especially.

I like Taboo. Tom Hardy looks cool in that coat and hat. It's grimey. Ugly people. Mumbo jumbo. What's not to like.

I forgot the candles. Lush candles.

Edited by Gocab

I know it's corny and a bit (possibly very) iffy but I was watching SOA, well Season 2 with Henry Rollins and the far-right extremists was pretty good. But Season 3 set in Belfast (but filmed in sunny California wtf? flol) was terrible. After just managing to get through that I'm dubious I'm gonna carry on with it. 

So now I'm watching Metal Evolution, which was on Sky Arts and was told by everyone I knew who watched it how I much I would love it. Got the dvd off Amazon for £4! Watched the first episode yesterday. Obviously this is going to be no-brainer, first epiode was brilliant.

I know it's corny and a bit (possibly very) iffy but I was watching SOA, well Season 2 with Henry Rollins and the far-right extremists was pretty good. But Season 3 set in Belfast (but filmed in sunny California wtf? flol) was terrible. After just managing to get through that I'm dubious I'm gonna carry on with it.

lol i told you that series was wack

it picks back up after Ireland though

The  Man  In  The  High  Castle

It takes place in the early 60s and describes North America in a scenario where Hitler Germany won WWII together with imperialist Japan. It's quite unrealistic, politically, but the actors are good, the visual aesthetics are amazing, the sound design is dope and I like the overall quality of the production. Also the series crosses genre boarders in a good way, regularly. I would definitely recommend it

hope they didn't blow most of their budget on the pilot.

We'll see. You may be right. The preivews for upcoming episodes didn't look as interesting. As long as they keep plopping a good amount of tuneage, I'm good. That synth during the horror/room entrapment was nice.

About half way through Fortitude S1. No idea how I missed this when it came out but it's pretty damn awesome. Like a take modern take on Twin Peaks, not saying it's anything like how the new Twin Peaks will be though.

hope they didn't blow most of their budget on the pilot.

We'll see. You may be right. The preivews for upcoming episodes didn't look as interesting. As long as they keep plopping a good amount of tuneage, I'm good. That synth during the horror/room entrapment was nice.

I love the expressionist approach, it really wore its influences on its sleeve; Terry Gilliam, Aronofsky, Kubrick, Trainspotting, Beyond the Black Rainbow, The Prisoner.  Surprised to see several Fargo alums will be regulars.   I wonder how they are approaching David's multiple personalities, does he kind of absorb people he's killed, like Aubrey Plaza?  Is there a mutant underground, and what are they fighting against?  If it keeps up this pace, and they show Patrick Stewart in the finale, I'm a happy camper.

If it keeps up this pace, and they show Patrick Stewart in the finale, I'm a happy camper.

Hawley said a no-go on Stewart or McAvoy.

Is there a mutant underground, and what are they fighting against?  

Yea, not really familar with the comics. Who's that creepy blob with the gold eyes?

Yea, not really familar with the comics. Who's that creepy blob with the gold eyes?

Yeah, don't know if I believe totally Prof X won't be mentioned, even if it's just a photo.  David's lineage is a major element of his character, and he may also possibly be capable of time travel, as in the books. (hence the vaguely 70s-ish setting?)

I thought the blobby blob could be Mojo, and alien who rules an insane TV obsessed alternate dimension, but he's from the Longshot books, who is also a mutant, so it's a possibility.  Maybe this is all a Running Man reality show.  Maybe it's Trump.

375923DD-E479-4695-AB8A-B460B7CC25B0_zps

Yeah, don't know if I believe totally Prof X won't be mentioned, even if it's just a photo.  David's lineage is a major element of his character, and he may possibly be capable of time travel, as in the books. (hence the vaguely 70s-ish setting)

Hawley said Prof X will be in it at some point, just not Stewart or McAvoy. He'll be played by somebody else. Probably somebody from Fargo. 

Legion was really good, very well put together. Visuals were great, most effort anyone's put in in that regard since Hannibal, was a big Wes Anderson vibe off it. The mental hospital stuff reminded me of I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK as well. It helped that it wasn't very superheroey for the most part (bar the last 2 mins really), hopefully there's not too much of that wank in there, it's getting pretty tiresome at this point.

started watching Pandora in the Crimson Shell last night, I had no idea Masamune Shirow had done another anime series since Ghost Hound and Real Drive 10 years ago.  It's got your basic anime cliches in droves; full-body cyborg teen girls in skimpy outfits, maid costumes, cat ears, huge tits, idol culture, fan service, corporate espionage, AI tanks, Utopian city of the future, and a magical robot vagina that can imbue girls with psionic powers / combat abilities.  I have no clue where the plot is going.