IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Justified is solid.

Currently rewatching The Leftovers.

Will probably watch Barry asap. Too many things really. Maybe after a season or two of some other stuff I’ll jump in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been hesitant to give The Leftovers a chance - worried about Lindelof's capability to follow through on interesting ideas (see end of Lost, Prometheus, etc.). Does the series fulfill its promise? (like, generally - I've stayed pretty far away from spoilers b/c I know the fun of a show like this is NOT knowing too much)

Justified is solid.

Will probably watch Barry asap. Too many things really. Maybe after a season or two of some other stuff I’ll jump in.

I've been hesitant to give The Leftovers a chance - worried about Lindelof's capability to follow through on interesting ideas (see end of Lost, Prometheus, etc.). Does the series fulfill its promise? (like, generally - I've stayed pretty far away from spoilers b/c I know the fun of a show like this is NOT knowing too much)

It’s perfect imo. I like the darkness of it and the dark humor. It’s definitely a story the viewer is trying to figure out but so are the characters. So it feels right. Good storytelling. Original. Weird. Has lynch like moments. 3 seasons is perfect length for it. Perfect arc. It’s a story that makes me forget the present.

Justified is solid.

It’s perfect imo. I like the darkness of it and the dark humor. It’s definitely a story the viewer is trying to figure out but so are the characters. So it feels right. Good storytelling. Original. Weird. Has lynch like moments. 3 seasons is perfect length for it. Perfect arc. It’s a story that makes me forget the present.

Sold. . . thnx m8!

I'm watching sharp objects - it looks like bad tv directed well

It's actually good tv directed badly. Well, more the editing that's done badly (trying too hard to be arty, but it just gets in the way), and the overall structure of the show (the non-linear elements are annoying). The acting is great though, and the overall story is good, the town and characters are interesting.

Edited by caze

In the last 3 months I swept through Girls and Neon Genesis Evangelion, good times. EoE is a genuine classic.

Currently digging into Porridge, with A Fine Romance from the early 80s next in the pipeline.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is starting up again without Dennis. I can only assume that it will be quite terrible

I read that he's still in a bunch of episodes anyway so maybe not so bad? I haven't caught any of it in a few seasons anyway but I just can't imagine the show without any of them really.

Watched the first few episodes of Disenchantment. It's decent. Pretty much the same thing as Futurama but set in fantasy.

^nothing great but not bad on Disenchantment? Sounds about right I guess, first season of animated shows usually are meh.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is starting up again without Dennis. I can only assume that it will be quite terrible

I read that he's still in a bunch of episodes anyway so maybe not so bad? I haven't caught any of it in a few seasons anyway but I just can't imagine the show without any of them really.
I could imagine it without Dee because she is just a stupid bird lol
lol

I've been re-watching Sagan's Cosmos series and quite enjoying it. Works well as both background and not. The addendums with him from ~15 years later or whatever (these are the DVDs) are a little weird, sorta like little late snapshots...he looks kinda bad in them, I assume they were filmed after he had gotten cancer. :'(

I tried watching Fargo. I was into the first season, then after the 2nd-to-last episode, I realized I didn't want to watch the last episode at all because I don't like either of the main characters anymore.

So I'm not watching anything now.

I tried watching Fargo. I was into the first season, then after the 2nd-to-last episode, I realized I didn't want to watch the last episode at all because I don't like either of the main characters anymore.

Weird! Fargo is top notch A+

Watched the first few episodes of Disenchantment. It's decent. Pretty much the same thing as Futurama but set in fantasy.

It gets better as it goes on, much like Futurama in its first season (though it never quite hits Futurama’s peaks). The last trilogy of episodes really appear to be the show finding its own voice, so given that the second season is allegedly already in production I’m interested to see where it goes.

Also, the quicker they drop the Elfo-Bean replica of the Fry-Leela dynamic, the better. That shit is tired.

=D

I watched the whole season this last weekend.

I wasn't expecting it to be as good as Futurama... And while a lotnofnrhebvoice actors are the same, I thought it was different enough to hold its own.

I should also probably say that I love Abbi Jacobson...

But I thought it was cute.

I still don't care much for the first season of Futurama... But seasons 2-the end are fantastic. I get that a show needs to introduce characters and all that... So I'm hoping it gets renewed for another season and turns into something else really special.

I think it's definitely worth watching if you're a fan of current animated shows.

I'd watch a whole spin off for Lucy... I think it'd be kind of cool seeing who else he has been attached too throughout time.

It gets better as it goes on, much like Futurama in its first season (though it never quite hits Futurama’s peaks). The last trilogy of episodes really appear to be the show finding its own voice, so given that the second season is allegedly already in production I’m interested to see where it goes.

Also, the quicker they drop the Elfo-Bean replica of the Fry-Leela dynamic, the better. That shit is tired.

Sorry, I didn't see this before I posted. 

Great to hear that a 2nd season is already in the works. 

=D

Sorry, I didn't see this before I posted.

Great to hear that a 2nd season is already in the works.

=D

Worth noting that I read that somewhere and I’m too lazy to verify it right now, but it’s a Groening joint so I highly doubt it’ll be a 1-and-gone, especially given the ending.

Agreed that Luci is the strongest character out of the gate and a contender to be this show’s Bender. I love Abbi too but she seemed to take a couple eps to get comfortable whereas Eric Andre was on point from the start. Of course, that could also come down to the writing, as Bean starts off as a bit of a blank slate. It’s a while before she goes from reacting to simply acting.

I was very disappointed initially when the show seemed to reset its premise 2 episodes in after being advertised as a road trip through a fantasy world. Wasn’t expecting to be tied to one location the entire season, but after the ending, I’m hoping we expand the world a bit and have a bit more varied structure.

Weird! Fargo is top notch A+

I think I just thought Lester's new gf/wife was really cute and sweet, if a little bubbly, and I was bummed that 1) Malvo killed her (I get it, he's ruthless, still sucks) and 2) Lester knew he would, so he sat in the car like a little bitch and sent her off to her doom. Fuck both those guys!

wow. watch the last episode. Then watch seasons 2 and 3.