IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

escape at dannemora ep1 -  good cinematography (so good that the line between cinema and tv is even more irrelevant) and acting, but this genre is plain banal at this point, the writing is poor and characterizations (really shows with del torro's character) are shallow.

The last episode of Hill House was awful

Holy christ, yes - after an overall really good series, the wrap up had me very disappointed.

escape at dannemora ep1 -  good cinematography (so good that the line between cinema and tv is even more irrelevant) and acting, but this genre is plain banal at this point, the writing is poor and characterizations (really shows with del torro's character) are shallow.

Well, it's Ben Stiller directing and writing...

On my to-watch list:

Narcos: Mexico (last three series were really good, so I have high hopes for this one)

Frontier (series 3)

Peaky Blinders (series 5)

Currently watching (when I can find the time):

Doctor Who (series 11)

Durrells in Corfu (just finished series 3)

Is narcos actually good or just more of the same ganstrr drug shit?

I watched the first three seasons and it was some really good gangsta drug shit. Stylish too

Netflix creating an animated series based on the works of Roald Dahl. It took me a long time to discover Dahl, way past childhood, but his stories have always been IMO engaging for multiple generations.

Apparently there is a new fully CG Ghost in the Shell series from Shinji Aramaki (director of the Appleseed movies) staffing up for production next year.

Shinji Aramaki is also directing a Blade Runner anime series coming to Cartoon Network:

https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/11/29/blade-runner-anime-series-coming-to-cartoon-network-crunchyroll?abthid=5c00394dc00933d23f000339

Apparently there is a new fully CG Ghost in the Shell series from Shinji Aramaki (director of the Appleseed movies) staffing up for production next year.

Shinji Aramaki is also directing a Blade Runner anime series coming to Cartoon Network:

https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/11/29/blade-runner-anime-series-coming-to-cartoon-network-crunchyroll?abthid=5c00394dc00933d23f000339

Damn, that's pretty exciting. Looks Watanabe is going to be involved too according to that link (which adds a dash of xtra- hype. 

Also, just saw that Daredevil was cancelled at Netlix: https://deadline.com/2018/11/daredevil-canceled-netflix-3-seasons-1202511521/

• 2 weeks later...

Second season of Counterpart starts this week. I liked season 1 very much. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/09/arts/television/whats-on-tv-sunday-counterpart-and-dumplin.html

COUNTERPART 9 p.m. on Starz. When this multidimensional thriller debuted about a year ago, the Times critic Mike Hale called it “the most entertaining new series of the winter.” J.K. Simmons stars as two versions of the same character. One is a low-level worker with the United Nations in Berlin. The other, living in a parallel dimension spun off from the real world 30 years earlier, is a coldblooded spy. The first season ended with the two versions of the characters each getting stuck in the other’s dimension. The second season, debuting Sunday night, picks up the story from there, allowing Simmons more time to delve into the nuances of this challenging double role. “I considered all kinds of subtle things in terms of appearance that ultimately seemed unnecessary,” the actor told The Times earlier this year. “Because the more interesting thing was how has a person really changed at his core in the second 30 years of his life due to his environment, his experiences.”

Anyone catch the first ep of Preacher?

So I am 2 years later but I have started watching Season 1, quite enjoyable.  Got up to episode 8 last night.  The guy playing Quincannon is suitably creepy and reminds me of the dude from The Human Centipede.  Good stuff so far