IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

I think we should be happy that we're getting a new Twilight Zone at all. Judging it from the first episode which is, I think, made to introduce people to the concept of The Twilight Zone is a bit much.

not sure i agree. we already had a twilight zone remake in the 80s. why is it so unfathomable to accept twilight zone ended and just let appreciate it for the show it was? also, first episodes are considered like pilot's especially in today's media saturated world. if a show is not good from the get go- why stick around with it when there are so many different platforms with content? 

also not sure i agree that the first episode is to introduce people to the concept of the twilight zone. i don't think anyone going into this is unaware of this show especially since it's rated TV-MA meaning it's aimed at adults.

another thing i hate is how they have remade some of the episodes. it's like besides using the same title- same intro- they even got some of the same episodes to guarantee people watch it. so unlike the original that had an honest message about what it mean to be human- this is a vaccuous and soulless manufactured product

Edited by Nebraska

Watching game of thrones season 6 and 7 to re jog the old memory muscle

I did this last week but with Mindhunter. I do need to get back on the GoT wagon.
I just finished the series rewatch I started a couple weeks ago and it’s legitimately hilarious how swiftly they slam the gas pedal between seasons 6 and 7. I still enjoy the show but especially on a rewatch binge, it’s a little jarring. Edited by Lada Laika

watched the 2nd episode of twilight zone. this was much better than the first episode but it's still mediocre. this played more like this film- except it then remembered it's supposed to be twilight zone so it added an m night inspired "twist" last minute

Started watching the OA part II. Just watched the first episode. It's fine. Maybe a 3/10 on the pretentious scale so far. I assume we'll hit 10/10 soon.

Edited by olo

Finished OA Part II. Well, I didn't think it was possible to go higher than 10/10 on the pompous scale...but they managed to achieve it. I thought the octopus would be tough to top, but man, that ending. I guess I have to give the showrunners props for completely going for it. I assume the audience has been completely weeded out at this point.

Watched the new Twilight Zone episode (free on YouTube) "The Comedian". Was okay, but waaaay too long. Looking forward to the other episode once it's done downloading.

watched this as well. besides being too long, it looks too clean. also the story wasn't haunting- which was a big thing about how twilight zone episodes left you feeling, and instead was just an hour long ripoff this story minus the okona.

also, i hate how jordan peele is basically imitating rod serling minus the cigarette. the whole thing seems disingenuous and almost like a parody of what it's supposed to be remaking

I watched this episode last night. Awful. Had to watch one of the original TZ episodes afterward to remind myself what it should be like. Reviewers say the next few episodes are better, but still...they shouldn't have opened the series with this one then.

One thing I thought detracted from the whole thing was the bad language. I'm not averse to cursing (see the Trump thread lol), but I thought it was disrespectful that they would bring that into the TZ universe. The original series was classy and contained excellent dialogue. The female comedian telling the main character to "suck my vagina" or whatever she said is pretty low brow. 

I get the feeling this is going to be like the season 10/11 reboot of the x-files...maybe 2 or 3 good episodes out of a pile of crap.

Der Pass was near perfect - doesn't take itself too seriously, no cringe moments, solid acting and cinematography, if you can sit through the first couple of episodes until it gets on its rails properly you won't be disappointed. 

Tabula Rasa, a Belgian show similar to "Memento" but with a woman. Was pretty mediocre. Very gimmicky and unrealistic and I didn't like all the horror elements which were over the top and cheesy in my opinion. The show tries too hard to appear Lynchian (is that a word?). The story is interesting, and there's quite a few unexpected twists, but the execution killed it for me.

Started watching Season 3 of True Detective. Good stuff for the first two episodes.

Stoked to watch OA II. The movement thing never bothered me, anyone familiar with Druidic studies will recognize the importance of movement to get to higher planes.

Really need to binge the hell out of GoT, but need to find the time to do so.

Watched the new Twilight Zone episode (free on YouTube) "The Comedian". Was okay, but waaaay too long. Looking forward to the other episode once it's done downloading.

watched this as well. besides being too long, it looks too clean. also the story wasn't haunting- which was a big thing about how twilight zone episodes left you feeling, and instead was just an hour long ripoff this story minus the okona.

also, i hate how jordan peele is basically imitating rod serling minus the cigarette. the whole thing seems disingenuous and almost like a parody of what it's supposed to be remaking

lol at episode 3. sorry, but this is retarded

lol at episode 3. sorry, but this is retarded

yeah twas pretty bad...

=/

Just watched this with the SO...

I... am torn. I respect the reasoning and desire to make it that was experienced while writing the script and takin place behind the camera - BUT... I can't count the number of times I rolled my eyes throughout that hour.

Started watching death love and robots last night and just could not do it

why, some of the episodes are quite good, like 3, 6, 14. I agree it's not consistently good though. Some episodes are just garbage. 

yeah the first episode is awful, I agree. I couldn't stomach it too. There are some pretty good ones though so definitely give it another shot. They're not long too, like 10 minutes average, makes it easier to binge.