IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

it was, the short duration really helped not to overstretch it. the episode where they introduced the guy for the first time (i don't recall, 4th or 5th) was almost like a black mirror episode (to a certain point), I even recall a similar episode in BM where the guy would sleep in a weird pattern for limited hours like Da Vinci or something, had a similar vibe to it. The ending and the explanation to how they apparently "fixed it" was a bit rushed and lame though, but overall a good watch.

Russian Doll was very good. Might watch it again later in the week, which is a first for me for any Netflix original.

no it wasn't.

why wasn't it good.
  • the main character is amusing only for the first 15 minutes tops, after that her shtick is tiresome.
  • all of the dialogues feel like people reading jokes and one liners from a teleprompter.
  • the humor is very safe and limited, very cosily liberal, very netflixian. that is despite being an r rated show.
  • despite being pretty short it feels overly repetitive, trudging in the same place.
  • the main point the whole series leads to is help each other.

• the main character is amusing only for the first 15 minutes tops, after that her shtick is tiresome.
  • all of the dialogues feel like people reading jokes and one liners from a teleprompter.
  • the humor is very safe and limited, very cosily liberal, very netflixian. that is despite being an r rated show.
  • despite being pretty short it feels overly repetitive, trudging in the same place.
  • the main point the whole series leads to is help each other.

funnily enough I agree with all these points (especially with the shtick, she basically plays herself in Orange is the new black), but somehow think it was still a good watch for what it was and for how short it was.

Started watching Treme again since we’re snowed in and I’m now in the middle of a 3-day weekend. Forgot how much I liked this show. Just a celebration of a city’s music and vitality in the face of catastrophe and federal ineptitude. Beautiful stuff.

Just finished the first season of Peaky Blinders. Pretty fucking good. Sure I could pick holes in it if I wanted too, but a definite good watch. Kind of different to the usual thing. I like the gothic, industrial vibe and though I've been listening to Nick Cave (but not really a fan but respect some of his tunes) for years I think it's pretty cool how they use his music. I'd also think PJ Harvey (again another artist who I always listen to the albums once, and respect but don't really like, if that makes sense) would also be good.

I'm reliably informed it gets better as it progresses, so looking forward to the next season.