IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

I disagree, I thought Jonah was surprisingly good in this. It's my second fave role of his only after the crazy guy in Wolf of Wall Street. Really surprised with his recent stuff actually as until WOWS I thought he was crap too.

he acts the same in all 3 characters... i mean, he plays a good paranoid depressed dude but then he's supposed to be a bad guy in his first shared dream and i couldn't tell the difference...
I didn't realise he was meant to be playing different characters. Imma watch it again.

Binged season 1 of Happy! in one night. It was fun watching Christopher Meloni go pretty balls out with the violence and depravity after watching so much L&O SVU (shhh don't judge me). Just emotionally engaging enough to be interesting too. It felt kinda like a TV series version of El-P's Full Retard video.

Season 2 is even crazier. 

LD&R

:;:

If you've given up before watching all of it, I'd fully recommend watching the episodes Three Robots (episode 2), When The Yogurt Took Over (episode 6), and Alternate Histories (episode 17). Especially if you're needing a little eye-rolling giggle.

I've also gotta toss Alien News Desk out there.

The first episode didn't impress me, but I stuck with it and by episode 3, I found myself looking forward to coming home Saturday nights and seeing it on my DVR.

It's made me genuenly laugh countless times.

---it's nothing I'd ever re-watch, or buy a season of on dvd or anything... but it's definitely a highlight during my weekends.

On 4/29/2019 at 4:22 AM, olo said:

Season 2 is even crazier. 

Yeah, Happy season 2 seems like 14 year old me could be on the writing staff, dosed on shrooms and thinking up increasingly grotesque bodily fluid gags... and I love it for that. 

Unrelated: finally got started with Westworld. 

Watched season 2 of star trek discovery, by the 2 final episodes I had no idea of what was happening, it's just an endless barrage of techno babble and explosions. GG

Edited by Gocab

none of it made any sense, people really need to stop making time travel stories, they never make any sense.

9 hours ago, Gocab said:

Watched season 2 of star trek discovery, by the 2 final episodes I had no idea of what was happening, it's just an endless barrage of techno babble and explosions. GG

New (3rd or 4th) showrunner on deck for season 3. Wrote a couple of the stronger episodes of S2... Not optimistic but I’ll probably end up watching it anyway.

On 4/22/2019 at 9:05 PM, Nebraska said:

episode 4 of twilight zone: see this guy's shit eating grin? that's how i feel like the "writers" were when they came up with the clumsy turd.

episode 5 of the twilight zone: this is thread right here? that was basically the episode. just rushed and not well written.

btw: there is a scene in the bar where john cho is boozing it up and david lynch's 'go get some' is playing in the background.

Metalocalypse, again, Dr Rockso, cawfee addiction, multiple fan deaths, full metal farce attaq as Spinal Tap was to rock (kinda), well, short blasts of fun if your time is stretched & youse loves thes metals

spacer.png

Started watching Homecoming yesterday, half-way in, so far pretty good. Outstanding cinematography (I especially love the endings), good acting, and solid mystery. I hope all of it pays off in the end. A bit sick of seeing Bobby Cannavale play Bobby Cannavale ever again though, but who cares.

Edited by Guest

I'm binging Rilakkuma and Kaoru, it's making me feel all warm and fuzzy. So cute, manbaby I am. Twee!

22 hours ago, Crossword Enthusiast said:

Billions. I think it used to be better....

the more ridiculous the plots get the better. it's quite shit, but in a very good way.

barry 2nd season - i loved how i was surprised by how funny it was in the 1st season but this 1st episode felt forced somehow... 2nd episode was pretty good, guess i needed to get used to it...  khruangbin in the ost was the icing on the cake... 

Edited by Tim_J

I dunno, lost my shit laughing several times in the first episode. mostly at hank, but also the bit where he's reliving his first kill, the difference between the recreation from the actors and what actually happened.