IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Started Babylon Berlin. First four episodes are pretty good. Looks stunning (but I always have a soft spot for 1920s styling anyway) and I love the way the main plot unfolds very slowly in what is nonetheless a cacophony of action.

Edited by rhmilo

22 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Started Babylon Berlin. First four episodes are pretty good. Looks stunning (but I always have a soft spot for 1920s styling anyway) and I love the way the main plot unfolds very slowly in what is nonetheless a cacophony of action.

It's so great. I cannot wait for s3. I have a Charlotte Ritter waifu pillow.

10 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Watching Barry - it's just ok 

There are some really good jokes in there but like most streaming stuff it's a bit too drawn out.

p5FWB7m.png

watched the first episode of this mini series and here is what i learned:

everyone in chernobyl had a very british accent and barely spoke russian 

none of the scientists or working personnel knew what a nuclear disaster meant and spent hours milling around watching people cough up blood 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

p5FWB7m.png

none of the scientists or working personnel knew what a nuclear disaster meant and spent hours milling around watching people cough up blood 

wHat iS thE cOsT of LIes¿?

Looking forward to this Wu Tang mininseries on Showtime, Staten Island just hasn't had the blanket historical coverage of hip hop the other burroughs have received over the years.

19 hours ago, Nebraska said:

p5FWB7m.png

i think you're not quite getting how the soviet techno-bureaucrat mindset functioned given that last point.

some of the over the top theatrics in that were in bad taste, but overall it's decent. it wins you over with the atmosphere mostly, harrowing and horrifying. the score is especially great.

Edited by eugene

On 5/7/2019 at 8:08 AM, MadameChaos said:

30 Rock, it's not laugh a minute but it's still pretty solid. Lots of good improvised lines in there too.

if you're not laughing once (or more) a minute, you're not paying close enough attention imo ?

1 hour ago, eugene said:

i think you're not quite getting how the soviet techno-bureaucrat mindset functioned given that last point.

Not surprisingly that Chernobyl thing was nonsense, it had people dying and bleeding from radiation exposure immediately, which didn't happen - exposure to radiation like that, even pretty high levels, won't cause immediate bleeding. Only two people actually died in the immediate aftermath of the explosion, one from falling debris, and another from regular thermal burns. It was only about two weeks later that some of the first responders started to die, 28 in total, from a combination of regular burns and radiation sickness (not everyone who got radiation sickness died, it helped if they didn't also suffer burns). No doubt subsequent episodes will continue to spread similar falsehoods, like thousands of people dying in the aftermath, or the accident causing birth defects.

17 minutes ago, caze said:

Only two people actually died in the immediate aftermath of the explosion, one from falling debris, and another from regular thermal burns

that's exactly what's shown in the ep.

i'm following the discussion of this on some russian torrent tracker, those people are very allergic to the hollywoodization of facts when it comes to events such as those, so far i've seen no serious complaints about the accuracy. just some discussion about the causes of the accident and how much the ukranians suck.

Edited by eugene

2 minutes ago, eugene said:

that's exactly what's shown in the ep.

i'm following the discussion of this on some russian torrent tracker, those people are very allergic to the hollywoodization of facts when it comes to events such as those, so far i've seen no serious complaints about the accuracy. just some discussion about the causes of the accident and how much the ukranians suck.

lowkey which tracker? I'd love to read their takes.

Shane Meadows blurb on EMDR, his ride through its mind ripping intensity & new work, if he incorporates EMDR into its themes that could be a tasty interpretation

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/may/05/shane-meadows-interview-the-virtues-stephen-graham-trauma

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tim_J said:

bravest warriors - this is just perfect, from the same creator of adventure time, awesomeness all over! ???

I just watched the episode in youtube and they're all talking in tongues.. ¿que?

Can anyone recommend any good Scandinavian shows (apart from obvious Broen, of course, I didn't like it at all)? Watched Jordskott recently, what an absolute pile of crap with stupid characters. They didn't even show any of the LORE in 10 fricking episodes. Only a fucking white head of a sea person for barely a second. What a joke. I need retribution.

3 hours ago, MadellisTheSixth said:

Нет но хочу учить русский

ви а зэ мьюзик мейкерс, ви а зэ дримерс оф дримс.

37 minutes ago, lickneonlights said:

Can anyone recommend any good Scandinavian shows (apart from obvious Broen, of course, I didn't like it at all)? Watched Jordskott recently, what an absolute pile of crap with stupid characters. They didn't even show any of the LORE in 10 fricking episodes. Only a fucking white head of a sea person for barely a second. What a joke. I need retribution.

I remember enjoying The Bridge quite a lot a few years ago..

edit: wait whoops

37 minutes ago, lickneonlights said:

ви а зэ мьюзик мейкерс, ви а зэ дримерс оф дримс.

да

Edited by MadellisTheSixth
broen

On 5/9/2019 at 12:01 AM, auxien said:

if you're not laughing once (or more) a minute, you're not paying close enough attention imo ?

It is pretty LOL. Can't figure out who is the funniest right now. Liz, Tracy and Jack all have some great lines.