IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 5/9/2019 at 11:44 AM, eugene said:

that's exactly what's shown in the ep.

no it's not, they show one guy who's probably dead (presumably the one who died because he was right by the explosion, though in real life that guy was actually vapourised, they never found his body, another guy died from falling debris, he wouldn't have looked anything like that guy with all the burns all over him). they also show another guy (the one who held the door open) resigned to certain death, in real life this guy is still alive (and still pro-nuclear), so will be interesting to see what happens to him in ep 2. they show lots of people coughing up blood and getting immediate radiation burns (plant workers and fire fighters), which didn't happen - radiation burns take a week or two to appear; the only accurate thing was vomiting which can happen an hour or two after exposure. The two in the pump room looked like their faces were melting off, nonsense.

There was also lots of ominous shots of babies and children and the dying bird, which indicates to me they're going to go full on with the bullshit in the coming episodes, but we'll see.

Edited by caze

the death count is still two people by your count, and in fact we actually only see one, by the description it looks a lot like Shashenok who was found badly burnt.

"blistering immediate or up to 1 day  at 150–1000 Gy" 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_burn

If you've had a mild exposure, it may take hours to weeks before any signs and symptoms begin. But with severe exposure, signs and symptoms can begin minutes to days after exposure.

Possible symptoms include:

• Nausea and vomiting
  • Diarrhea
  • Headache
  • Fever
  • Dizziness and disorientation
  • Weakness and fatigue
  • Hair loss
  • Bloody vomit and stools from internal bleeding
  • Infections
  • Low blood pressure

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/radiation-sickness/symptoms-causes/syc-20377058

basically you suck.

Edited by eugene

7 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Just started watching The Americans - it seems quite good though the prospect of watching 78 episodes of anything is daunting 

I enjoyed it for the most part, just don’t let anyone tell you it’s realistic. Lol. I knew the two main actors were really good but after I finished the series I watched an interview with both of them and I was like damn these motherfuckers can ACT

On Netflix. I really liked season 1 of mindhunters which I just finished up. Partly headed by David Fincher so if you liked that movie from 2007 "Zodiac" you'd like mindhunters.

Also if you like Bojack Horseman you'd probably like Tuca and Bertie, which is a more surreal take on Bojack Horseman and not quite as depressing.

Edited by Brisbot

Trailer for season 5 of Black Mirror

I love Black Mirror but this looks worrying and seems we'll get an episode copying the anime film 'Perfect Blue' but with social media. IDK how much further Black mirror can go before it just recycles old ideas from a slightly different angle.

Edited by Brisbot

7 hours ago, Brisbot said:

also if you like Bojack Horseman you'd probably like Tuca and Bertie, which is a more surreal take on Bojack Horseman and not quite as depressing.

added to watchlist, thanks 

60216942_2296217997141676_18636028625383

I can see many people liking Tuca and Bertie more than Bojack.

Yeah I saw the Rick and Morty teaser. I'd normally say I'm looking forward to it but my IQ might not be high enough this season.

The Virtues

christ that was tense & disconcerting in a good way, one or two moments that were a bit uneven but blinding so far. Read Shane Meadows has ptsd & did the whole emdr defragmentation trip, now everything makes sense.

Speaking of good animated shows. Xavier: Renegade Angel is excellent, though it's kinda old so I imagine many have seen it. It's a bunch of surreal craziness you'll have to see to know what I'm talking about as it's hard to explain. It's basically a comedy but is a pretty unique one.

And even if you're not an anime fan I really recommend this Miyazaki-esque anime called Mushishi which is fuggin excellent. It's about this doctor called a Mushishi who goes around treating people who (kinda) have issues attached to these almost forest spirit animals called mushi most people can't see. They aren't animals and take many different forms. Some can be parasitic. Others can basically require 'balance' between humans and Mushi. It's very Shinto-y.

Each episode is unique in the nature of the mushi and how it affects the people. Like there's one mushi that allows people to be reborn from someone in their island village if they drown themselves in a certain spot... er it makes more sense in the context of the episode. There's another mushi that likes to live in people's ears and causes deafness if it isn't taken out.

It's about It's a great show to watch before bed. It's very chill but can be emotionally poignant in some episodes and uplifting in others.

They are definitely among the best animated shows I've seen and my favorites from the past year.

Edited by Brisbot

6 hours ago, hello spiral said:

good call on Xavier, been years since I've watched it. I bet my gf's not seen it.

time for a rewatch then.  I can't remember the last time an animated show 'blow' my mind like that. I had to watch it twice when I first saw it last year because of the breakneck pace, and I probably still need another 2 re-watches to catch everything, especially for that second season.

I only found it because I randomly came across this scene:

Edited by Brisbot
why do i keep making typos
  • Like 1

Yeah a friend bought it over back in I'd say 2012. Along with the pilot of some Adult Swim show that never made it to series stage. That was also good I'll need to see if I still have that too.