IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Guest Xenblake

Yeah, Red Dwarf was pretty much one of my favourite series as a kid, remember being weirdly impressed / confused with thewhole Rimmer having to have his quota of sex to survive thing. It blew my mind at the time lol. Also really loved the intro scenes / music compilation, always got me pumped.

Haven't watched it since the late 80s but I could imagine it being quite dated nowadays.

I did recently revisit Young Ones, which has become VERY fucking dated, same goes for Bottom.

Edited by Xenblake

Guest RadarJammer

Almost finished with season 1 of Engrenages, which is kind of reminds me of Forbrydelsen in a way. I almost wonder if the Forbrydelsen was inspired by Engrenages in some way. It's pretty good and will definitely be watching season 2 after. Anyone have any tips for other good French tv shows?

Guest vodor

i'm in season 1 of the killing and the shield, and in season 2 of breaking bad.

breaking bad is terrific. the killing is flawed but i'm riveted. the shield... will hopefully get better. there are some severely cheesy happenings. last episode i watched was 6. sun li. ughh.

Yeah, Red Dwarf was pretty much one of my favourite series as a kid, remember being weirdly impressed / confused with thewhole Rimmer having to have his quota of sex to survive thing. It blew my mind at the time lol. Also really loved the intro scenes / music compilation, always got me pumped.

Haven't watched it since the late 80s but I could imagine it being quite dated nowadays.

I did recently revisit Young Ones, which has become VERY fucking dated, same goes for Bottom.

I don't think bottom is too dated really. It's still fucking funny and gets me every time I watch it. It was my inspiration for last year's haloween costume.

296683_10150341379381875_514311874_8332401_576457866_n.jpg

remember being weirdly impressed / confused with thewhole Rimmer having to have his quota of sex to survive thing

Eh?

Gossip Girl

Almost finished with season 1 of Engrenages, which is kind of reminds me of Forbrydelsen in a way. I almost wonder if the Forbrydelsen was inspired by Engrenages in some way. It's pretty good and will definitely be watching season 2 after. Anyone have any tips for other good French tv shows?

Engrenages was way way way better than Forbrydelsen

Edited by LUDD

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

started x-files from the pilot. was never a huge fan but probably caught alot of random shows. interestign to see scully's baggy underpants in the pilot

started x-files from the pilot. was never a huge fan but probably caught alot of random shows. interestign to see scully's baggy underpants in the pilot

the x-files is solid. i love the skeptic/believer dynamic between mulder and scully.

Guest JW Modestburns

Just got done watching Out of the Wild Venezuela, and Gold Rush Alaska.

I'm pretty sure I can survive anything now.

Guest RadarJammer

Gossip Girl

Engrenages was way way way better than Forbrydelsen

Just finished up with season 3 of Engrenages. I love the way the team fell apart and came back together over the 3 series. Totally awesome series, everyone should check it out. The first season of Forbrydelsen remains one of my favorite non English shows though, season two was a bit of a cluster fuck and the American remake (The Killing) is slowly winning me over this season but it's pretty pail in comparison.

Can't wait for BBC to roll out subbed episodes of Engrenages season 4.

Guest bitroast

The Tatami Galaxy, another great anime by the director of Mind Game and Kaiba. Too bad I'm having a bit of trouble to keep up with the subtitles during some of the extremely fast monologues.

hahaha, which is just about the entire show. i have no idea what visuals im missing out but they look amazing in the corner of my eye.

Guest Xenblake

remember being weirdly impressed / confused with thewhole Rimmer having to have his quota of sex to survive thing

Eh?

Yeah, don't you remember it?

Guest Xenblake

I don't think bottom is too dated really. It's still fucking funny and gets me every time I watch it. It was my inspiration for last year's haloween costume.

296683_10150341379381875_514311874_8332401_576457866_n.jpg

lol, right down to the oversized underwear

Community

Fringe(if you love SCI-FI, watch this fucking show! It needs your support)

Parks and Rec(Ron FUCKING Swanson)

Louie

Loving those series, especially Parks and Rec and Fringe. And especially Parks and Rec :)

I'm also re-re-re-watching all Seinfeld's episodes, best TV show ever.

Can't wait for the new Arrested Development season & movie too !

Could anyone recommend what Adult Swim series I should watch next?

I've already watched:

ATHF

Harvey Birdman

Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job

Robot Chicken

Frisky Dingo

The Boondocks

Sealab 2021 and Metalocalypse !

The Tatami Galaxy, another great anime by the director of Mind Game and Kaiba. Too bad I'm having a bit of trouble to keep up with the subtitles during some of the extremely fast monologues.

hahaha, which is just about the entire show. i have no idea what visuals im missing out but they look amazing in the corner of my eye.

i couldn't keep track of it :( enormous subtitles and too fast lol

i really enjoyed Top Boy—looking forward to Series 2. Can't think of anything else I really enjoyed recently, TV-wise. Watched a few episodes of the 80s Friday the 13th series, pretty bad. Downloaded Ghostwatch—TV mockumentary rather than series, but curious what the hubbub is about. Portlandia ended, which is kind of a bummer, but I enjoyed the second season, and I enjoyed the last few Community episodes.

But yeah, Top Boy.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Not the hugest fan of anime or cartoons but I accidentally gave the first three episodes of the new Nick series Legend Of Korra a shot and thought it was surprisingly entertaining. Started watching the Avatar:The Last Bender and it almost as good so far, a little more kid friendly and not quite as new school high production but very relaxing and fun to watch.

Guest Al Hounos

Signs I might be gay #239:

I've been watching "New Girl" with Zooey Deschanel.

Her character is an infuriatingly obnoxious, artificially 'wacky' nerd girl who just happens to be beautiful, and inexplicably, single! (Of course, she hides her glamour under glasses and bangs, one of the most worn-out Hollywood cliches.)

Pair her with some incredibly one-dimensional male roommates; the moody/shy one, the dumb comic-relief jock that gets laid all the time, and the sensible black guy just trying to get along with these wacky crackers, and you have yourself a show that is a perfect indictment of everything wrong with our infantile, faux-ironic, narcissistic, raised-on-sitcoms-and-facebook generation.

Almost everything about this show irritates me deeply, but I can't stop watching. I think it's that exact reason, that it is such an honest depiction of millennials, that makes it so interesting to me. It has some pretty funny one-liners too.

When I can't take the banality any longer I watch Brass Eye or Tim and Eric.

Edited by Al Hounos

Currently working my way through Aaahh!! Real Monsters. A classic Nickelodeon series with three teenage monsters learning how to scare humans in a school underneath the city dump. The imagery is superb (not cute at all), as is the writing and sheer imagination. It has a wicked, dark sense of humour which is criminally scarce in today's children shows.

Ickis, in particular, is one of my all-time favourite cartoon characters (I plan to say more on this), and voiced by the magnificent Charlie Adler, who wheezes and squeaks like a perfect little monster.

As long as we're talking about Red Dwarf, I have a weird question that I've been wanting to ask for a while

It's this image. I'm pretty sure I saw a brief screenshot of Red Dwarf when I was about 3 or 4 years old, and it scared the fuck out of me. Since then I have been searching for it time and time again, all to no avail. I'll do my best to describe it; here's a badly-scrawled MSpaint of what I think it looked like:

b3qs3.png

He had loads of stuff in his mouth, like some kind of clear, surgical mask and possibly wires? It was definitely shapes like a wide, inverted triangle.

If anyone can provide a screenshot, an episode name, or any info about this at all, post it here! I would love to finally get this image out of my head.

Edited by Rhombix

Her character is an infuriatingly obnoxious, artificially 'wacky' nerd girl who just happens to be beautiful, and inexplicably, single! (Of course, she hides her glamour under glasses and bangs, one of the most worn-out Hollywood cliches.)

Pair her with some incredibly one-dimensional male roommates; the moody/shy one, the dumb comic-relief jock that gets laid all the time, and the sensible black guy just trying to get along with these wacky crackers, and you have yourself a show that is a perfect indictment of everything wrong with our infantile, faux-ironic, narcissistic, raised-on-sitcoms-and-facebook generation.

Almost everything about this show irritates me deeply, but I can't stop watching. I think it's that exact reason, that it is such an honest depiction of millennials, that makes it so interesting to me. It has some pretty funny one-liners too.

that show almost seems targeted towards straight men. well, i don't know any girls who like it anyway, only blokes. i'm sure girls like it though. it reminds me of scrubs and i don't like it.

of course, only car or sports or car sports babes shows are explicitly targeted towards men. so i'm wrong.

that show almost seems targeted towards straight men. well, i don't know any girls who like it anyway, only blokes. i'm sure girls like it though. it reminds me of scrubs and i don't like it.

of course, only car or sports or car sports babes shows are explicitly targeted towards men. so i'm wrong.

i like it, shmidth is a pretty funny guy Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

yeah, i know someone who is just like him (but not american), so found that quite amusing. i suppose that's the idea.