IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

ended up finding Homeland really dull and...a bit crap. don't think i'll be bothering with season 2.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

yeah the setup for season 2 is terrible, and i've heard its going to focus on claire danes and ginger guys relationship. THE LEAST INTEREST PART! and i'm sure she'll tell us how much she likes jazz a few more times. HATE the intro to that show.

i started watching Grandma's House which is INCREDIBLE

<3 SIMON AMSTELL

enjoying veep but not as much as thick of it

i'm currently enjoying the shit out of veep. i think my one criticism of it is that, unlike the thick of it, the characters ALL use ridiculously foul-mouthed insults to mock each other. it kind of loses some characterization like that. i guess gary doesn't, but that's because the guy who plays him (buster bluth) is some kind of hardcore christian and refuses to swear on tv shows.

also they need to show more of sue. from the few lines she's gotten it's apparent that she is basically donna from parks and rec. which. is. great.

that;s weird because for me sue is the character that doesn;t work. maybe because she doesn;t say much. but what she does say isnt working for me.

i like gary alot. and the sweaty UCB/asssscat guy (mike?) too. looking forward to watching it all straight through when it ends/

oh yeah and started xfiles from the start but maybe i already said that. just into season 2.

my problem with it is that Walt and Jesse are believable characters - Walt being a totally straight dude who has found himself embroiled in a crimal environment and dealing with it... that's fair enough. jesse, his partner, was always (before they let on in the 4th or 5th episode) a suburban middle class douchebag so his unrealistic criminal persona was believable because he was all in actuality a well-to-do nice middle class boy pretending to be a G.

HOWEVER... when there is any portrayal of actual criminals, the scriptwriting becomes blatantly unrealistic. So far (i'm only 7 episodes in) all the scenes with "real" criminals have been a bit cringey and/or laugh inducingly bad.

I don't see it. I don't get the sense of unrealistic, could someone give an example? Only thing that ever caught me as unrealistic was the acting of jesse's friends and maybe that tuco dude. I've thoroughly enjoyed gus and mike, sometimes some of the other henchmen have a lame thug attitude but nothing that stikes me as so unrealistic that I couldn't still watch.

Are you guys basing this off of real criminals you know who act nothing like this?

Edited by david

my problem with it is that Walt and Jesse are believable characters - Walt being a totally straight dude who has found himself embroiled in a crimal environment and dealing with it... that's fair enough. jesse, his partner, was always (before they let on in the 4th or 5th episode) a suburban middle class douchebag so his unrealistic criminal persona was believable because he was all in actuality a well-to-do nice middle class boy pretending to be a G.

HOWEVER... when there is any portrayal of actual criminals, the scriptwriting becomes blatantly unrealistic. So far (i'm only 7 episodes in) all the scenes with "real" criminals have been a bit cringey and/or laugh inducingly bad.

I don't see it. I don't get the sense of unrealistic, could someone give an example? Only thing that ever caught me as unrealistic was the acting of jesse's friends and maybe that tuco dude. I've thoroughly enjoyed gus and mike, sometimes some of the other henchmen have a lame thug attitude but nothing that stikes me as so unrealistic that I couldn't still watch.

Are you guys basing this off of real criminals you know who act nothing like this?

Don't know who Gus and Mike are. Tuco is shit. Still undecided if DEA Hank's character is supposed to come across like a total clown or a badass. If the former then his lines are forgivable, if the latter then his lines are awful.... The story is entertaining enough but the writing is not great at the best of times.

The Bridge - Top notch. Far better than Forbrydelsen. I preferred Borgen to Forbrydelsen though, and Engrenages is better than all of them.

Edited by LUDD

i thought portlandia was brilliant.

I tried it but couldn't make it past the first episode. Found it painfully unfunny, regardless how hard the two leads tried. And they really tried.

i thought portlandia was brilliant.

I tried it but couldn't make it past the first episode. Found it painfully unfunny, regardless how hard the two leads tried. And they really tried.

yeah me too the humor comes across pretty forced. after a while I started to feel sorry for the actors as they really tried

I suppose I should contribute to this thread.

I'm currently watching!!!!!

Delocated season 3. Loving it, though really hating that unfunny British cunt and lamenting the lack of Kim.

Veep. Loved the first episode, still need to get around to watching everything else so far.

The League! This show is fucking fantastic! Nearly finished season 2 and I think it's probably the best... uh... successor to Arrested Development, not that they're all that comparable. But I think the have the same comic sensibilities. Nick Kroll is hilarious in this, as is Paul Sheer. I could sing this show's praises til the end of time but here is why you should watch this criminally unheard of show:

• You don't need to understand American Football to enjoy it. That would just be a bonus for the odd subtle football joke.
  • The cast of characters are great and all bring a lot to the table. They're all good friends and the show being semi scripted means they have a great flow, it doesn't feel over written if that makes any sense?
  • Jenny is fucking gorgeous and makes me pop several boners. Funny too!
  • It's refreshing to have a very character centric sitcom that relies on the natural humour of the actors to inject comedy into somewhat mundane circumstance for the most part.
  • The second season is one of the funniest seasons of comedy I've seen.
  • Because I'm telling you to watch it.

Season 1 starts kinda slow in the first three eps, but after that it hits its stride and repeatedly delivers in season 2. The anniversary party and high school reunion episodes being highlights in particular.

Don't know who Gus and Mike are. Tuco is shit. Still undecided if DEA Hank's character is supposed to come across like a total clown or a badass. If the former then his lines are forgivable, if the latter then his lines are awful.... The story is entertaining enough but the writing is not great at the best of times.

The Bridge - Top notch. Far better than Forbrydelsen. I preferred Borgen to Forbrydelsen though, and Engrenages is better than all of them.

hank is a clown but he goes through a kind of transformation like the rest of them, which I thought was interesting. Tuco did seem ridiculous and exaggerated but at the same time it strikes a chord in me cause i've been around very intense manic drug addicts and how everyone has to kind of go along with his belligerence is something ive experienced first hand so I still get a kind of crazy vibe watching it. I finished season 4 a couple days ago and really don't have any honest complaints about the writing or much else.. cool that he worked on the xfiles and the lone gunman series.

never heard of "the bridge" or "the killing" but i'm not terribly interested in cop dramas

oh man, I love watching those with my kid.

They show them in Norway?

i know rite?

wtf? i din't even know they had electricity in their huts

I know some Cartoon Network shows are shown in other countries, but I didn't specifically know that Adventure Time and Regular Show are. Turn that finger around towards yourself mate.

Oh.. people still watch these shows on the TV?

I just assumed we all downloaded from the internet. An invention still not available in Norway.