IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Yes very impressed by "the Nigh Of" so far. If they can keep this up it will be an excellent season.

Mr. Robot EP4 - the music at the start when Eliot is becoming Mr. Robot was such an awesome homage to star wars. Can't wait to see how this next hack plays out. Nice touch with the PuTTy client.

Star Wars?

https://youtu.be/PSJub1A1aIk

Williams definitely borrowed from this, as did many other films (Alien as well).

Ah yes. Should have known, no excuse. Just the transformation into the "dark side" music was quite similar.

Thanks, now I'll be listening for it in other films.

I've been watching poor youtube rips of The Real Football Factories. Dyer is a twat of epic proportions, but a likeable twat. Found them kind of interesting, not just for the thuggery but also from a cultural aspect and even the venomous black humour. I know I could of spent my time watching summat more high-brow but fuck it, sometimes you just have to entertain yourself, and The Real Football Factories is definitely entertaining.

Charged up to the eyeballs mate!!!

Edited by beerwolf

ah

yeah personally I enjoy Mr Robot very much. check last page or so

ah,3 pages back i see... few peeps expressing their confusion with the plot after the season 2 semi-opener and hopes that it's not too fight clubby. it's just now starting to pick up now after the 4th episode (technically the 3rd as the opener was split into 2 hour-long episodes) and it's not too fight clubby! it's uniquely it own thing shot beautifully, filled with little world-building details, and ripe with symbolism (religious symbolism with this last episode especially) i've been rewatching every episode at least twice, some three times, it's that fucking good

not sure if Vice Principals brings enough new shit to the table after Eastbound (which I never even finished, though the first season was genius). I'll probably keep watching the rest of the season, Goggins is great as expected at least.

no Mr. Robot, for real? best show on television hands down...

Literally two posts above yours is a post talking about Mr. Robot.

Well, the season finale of Preacher has caught up to the comic & looks like the show is going to follow that arch from now on. I'll tune in for the 2nd season next year I gather. Gonna miss Quincannon though.

it proved that it can be a lot of wild and off-kilter fun when it sets its mind to it, but for some reason they choose (maybe without realizing it) not to. all that sephia-wild-west-hell thing was turgid and boring, and after all that simply functioned as some buildup to the next season. the whole tullip-preacher crime past/romance thing was boring and pointless as well and took too much screen time. and of course the preacher character itself is bland too as has been noticed before. just generally things take too much time for no reason, they're not tarantino that can fill it up with engaging dialogue.

the pilot was cool yeah? it had promise. what followed was a mixed bag at best....

who cares about annville blowing up, it was just mediocre tv-town.

now this last ep makes the same kind of promises for the next season, funky road trip yeah?

probably not.

I've been watching poor youtube rips of The Real Football Factories. Dyer is a twat of epic proportions, but a likeable twat. Found them kind of interesting, not just for the thuggery but also from a cultural aspect and even the venomous black humour. I know I could of spent my time watching summat more high-brow but fuck it, sometimes you just have to entertain yourself, and The Real Football Factories is definitely entertaining.

Charged up to the eyeballs mate!!!

Pwoper nawtee & a much under-rated anthropological/psychogeographical insight into the lives of a very British strain of psychopaths

the episode where he ends up inadvertently belittling the Burnley Suicide Squad, a cockney stuck in a nightmarish pub that time forgot surrounded by coked up rapid northerners, has its moments. The Stoke/Naughty 40 & the Sheffield Wednesday/Owl Crime Squad versions are funny as fuck too for unintentional reasons

The Night Of has been great so far. I've not watched the original series, and I am unsure if I want to (given that I don't want to spoil it for myself). I am sure there are plenty of people hating on the idea of the US remaking a BBC series once again, but how do they compare? I feel like the US version, so far, has some of the best pacing and cinematography that I have ever seen on a television show.

yeah the camera work and pacing on that show is amazing. acting as well. turturro was fantastic in the scene where he's dismissed by naz. i'm trying to imagine gandolfini in that role but i think it's probably better without him. i see a lot of people complaining about his foot problem subplot, but it's one of the things i like about the show. no clue what criminal minds was like. usual british drama isn't very good so i'm guessing night of is superior, plus richard price is just a great writer.

New Mr Robot is pretty good, feels a bit slow, meandering and dumb with some of the montages and the Christian Slater doing the whole Tyler Durden shtick. With the most recent episode things are finally starting to move, I'm curious to find out what happens next.

usual british drama isn't very good

thing about British tv is that its been doing it better & longer than most, you just have to know where to look & thats no cultural supremacist snob bs

classic examples of drama and comedy?

the early docufictional works by Ken Russell - the Vaughn-Williams fest and the Delius inspired 'Song of Summer', incredible imagery throughout

the ultra-mega squeamish delights of the Robert Graves adaptation of 'I Claudius' (John Hurt in the role of a lifetime as Caligula) is 1 of the best series ever broadcast

Dennis Potter's 'The Singing Detective' w/Michael Gambon + 'Pennies From Heaven' w/Bob Hoskins rrrrrrrrock

two docufictional works also deserve honourable mentions - 'Culloden' by Peter Watkins & 'Winstanley' by 'Kevin Brownlow, immense innovative story-telling for their time

even found time to watch all the Blackadders & Young Ones while recuperating from surgical operations not too long ago & fuck me they're still funny as when 1st viewed 30+years ago

add Brass Eye, The Day Today, various Alan Partridge gear, the League of Gentleman, Nighty Night, The Thick Of It, Hunderby, Psychobitches & most recently Camping (<----the funniest thing witnessed in eons)

btw, more than happy to evangelize about Camping every so often cos it was subscription-channel based & difficult to find via alternative means, more than happy to dropbox the 6 x 30mins episodes if any1 is arsed

missed loads, just dont take Sherlock, Luther & Downton as the usual bollix

well yeah i said drama, not comedy. i have never seen a good british drama and i've probably seen everything you listed. they just suck at televised drama, i don't know why. the comedy stuff is better than american most of the time.

"I, Claudius" is amazing. I think the brits were better at drama 20 years ago and prior, can't say I've been particularly impressed with anything recent, and their comedy is mostly pretty shit now as well, bar the odd example, used to be much better.