IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Watched the four last episodes of preacher after giving up on it and taking a break. It ended up being ok I guess, I don't really like any of the people in it other than vampire guy and asshole face. Not sure if I'll return for next season. Such wasted potential. It's fun when it goes nuts, but that happens way too rarely.

Edited by Gocab

just finished the first season of mr robot last nite. just realized that you can just stream current episodes from usa's site and i don't have to wait for them to come up on prime... i haven't been current on a tv series in like 15 years ;O

i don't even know what's happening in this show anymore and frankly don't really care that much, those "OMG WTF!!! twists are becoming tiring, law of diminishing returns and such...

same actually.. I keep watching it though because it's entertaining.. but I get more and more confused with each episode

i don't even know what's happening in this show anymore and frankly don't really care that much, those "OMG WTF!!! twists are becoming tiring, law of diminishing returns and such...

same actually.. I keep watching it though because it's entertaining.. but I get more and more confused with each episode

What's so confusing about it?

The Night Of is pretty good. John Turturro in this totally reminds me of this guy I work with that was a private detective in the 80's, so the whole time I watch it I pretend it's him. Lols abound.

As much as the show outright steals every creative and technical idea that Stanley Kubrick came up with, the show rewards people who look for details and observations on how things are communicated  Not just what the characters say or do but a lot of the camera work, the chess game moves, music, scenery and computer code are also telling different stories at the same time.  There was a lot of foreshadowing with Elliot's twists so they were not unexpected (except the part with finding out who Darlene was in Season 1) Also the show covering the aftermath of what a large, economy destroying hack would do to the world (everyone continuing to live their lives as normal due to habit, the rich being fine off and the working class being even more fucked) is refreshing.

The bigger problem with the show is that it blatantly steals its main American Psycho, Fight Club, and all of Kubricks Films. From the role of Elliot's delusions of living in television shows though it might be related.

What's so confusing about it?

I think I'm just not paying as much attention as I should be.. I don't tend to notice the little details as much so tend to have trouble picking up on the more subtle things. It's still entertaining though, and I get the overarching idea, but there's no way I could explain what's going on. I'm a music guy, not a film guy :D

the courtroom stuff has been better than the prison stuff, they had spent far too much time on over-developing the characters, and not enough time on the plot. starting to pick up the pace now though.