IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Guest Al Hounos

Thanks for the heads up on Grandma's House, WATMM. Never heard of Simon Amstell before, but he's hilarious, despite his irritating appearance and demeanor.

Also, this week's MAD MEN. :emotawesomepm9:

Recently:

Awake - It was really good but they fucking cancelled it and what was clearly meant to be a 2 season show got abruptly FUCK YOU ended.

Touch - dat jack bauer whisper - dunno, its kinda annoying but enjoyable in certain places, mostly meh tho.

Continuum - Just started, actually really liked the first episode, has promise.

Supernatural - I marathoned the entire 7 seasons in about a month, is that even possible? anyway - im now a fanboy, fml

• 2 weeks later...
Guest disparaissant

i, claudius is greeeeeat

im currently watching BSG with one friend, Doctor Who with another friend (getting caught up, hadn't seen any of series 4 5 or 6. 4 was meh, 5 is hit or miss so far, im told 6 is great though) and i have another friend who wants to watch dollhouse but im not so excited about that.

Revisiting the older seasons of Breaking Bad in preparation for next month... It's just making me love the show even more, going back knowing what happens later on makes me realize they really did the development of each character brilliantly.

Re-watching S1 of the X-Files, and my god, Space is an absolutely terrible episode.

Haha, I've been progressively working my way through the X-files as well, and yeah that episode was just stupid.. wasn't it ironically also the highest budget episode for the season?

Edited by ghOsty

Revisiting the older seasons of Breaking Bad in preparation for next month... It's just making me love the show even more, going back knowing what happens later on makes me realize they really did the development of each character brilliantly.

Re-watching S1 of the X-Files, and my god, Space is an absolutely terrible episode.

Haha, I've been progressively working my way through the X-files as well, and yeah that episode was just stupid.. wasn't it ironically also the highest budget episode for the season?

yeah, it was supposed to be a cheap episode using NASA stock footage but they blew the budget on the mission control set or something, lol

The same thing happened with Ice, but Ice was fantastic.

Edited by baph

Supernatural - I marathoned the entire 7 seasons in about a month, is that even possible? anyway - im now a fanboy, fml

Ya, I'm on season 4 and i've been watchin it for a few weeks. The acting is shit and the characters piss me off, but the story has me hooked for some reason.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest RadarJammer

Jin a 2009 Japanese time travel drama. A doctor in modern times falls down some stairs and somehow time slips into the Edo period where he invents Penicillin in the wrong century and does all kinds of things to change the future, which makes a photograph he carries with him change.

Its the most endearing show I ever watched. There is a Korean remake called Dr Jin which I might try next but I find it hard to find a K-drama I can get into so far, anyone have good K-drama suggestion?

someone should pin this thread

rewatching Millennium, season 1 is a little hokey and rough. Lets just be honest, it's badly written and Chris Carter's hackish fingerprints are all over it. However season 2 is phenomenal, its probably my favorite season of any tv show ever.

they touch on so many subjects in this season, and for a show done in 1995 it's extremely ahead of it's time. Much more polished and refined than the X-files (it's a spinoff in case anybody has no idea what im talking about)

Frank Black and Peter Watts (before his role as Locke in lost) have such a great dynamic, love this show

if anybody here is a Twin Peaks fan and you haven't found a show since (besides perhaps Carnival) that channels the same weird energy and suspense, you have to check out Millennium. It's a little more straight forward than either of those, but equally as strange, unsettling and atmospheric.

Edited by Awepittance

That season finale of Millennium featuring Patti Smith's Horses in an apocalyptic vision made a pretty big impression on my teenage self. I don't remember what season that was, and probably haven't seen it since... maybe I should.

That season finale of Millennium featuring Patti Smith's Horses in an apocalyptic vision made a pretty big impression on my teenage self. I don't remember what season that was, and probably haven't seen it since... maybe I should.

season 2 season 2 season 2!

you mean this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QT8ePPl_I&feature=related

yeah its a little dated now, very mid 90s oliver stone but for a FOx TV show this shit was cutting edge, dark and extremely artsy for the network programming of that era. I think the girl who plays Laura Means is such a good actress that it still works when you watch it now, but yeah seeing this at 16 really effected me too.

Edited by Awepittance

Would it be acceptable to skip straight into season 2 then?

kinda i mean i would probably watch the end of Season 1 first, starting with the first appearance of Lucy Butler who is an extremely awesome character.

Lamentation from Season 1 is a great starting point and then it leads seamlessly into Season 2.

Spoiler

only problem with starting there is that Bletcher, a major character gets killed off in this episode so the emotional weight is somewhat missing if you leap right into it, great thing about millennium is they have the balls to kill off major characters

Edited by Awepittance

also if you grew up in an era where CSI was on television, its hard to remember that shows like Homocide, X-files and Millennium essentially set the modern template for a forensics investigation show

Guest zaphod

rewatching Millennium, season 1 is a little hokey and rough. Lets just be honest, it's badly written and Chris Carter's hackish fingerprints are all over it. However season 2 is phenomenal, its probably my favorite season of any tv show ever.

they touch on so many subjects in this season, and for a show done in 1995 it's extremely ahead of it's time. Much more polished and refined than the X-files (it's a spinoff in case anybody has no idea what im talking about)

Frank Black and Peter Watts (before his role as Locke in lost) have such a great dynamic, love this show

if anybody here is a Twin Peaks fan and you haven't found a show since (besides perhaps Carnival) that channels the same weird energy and suspense, you have to check out Millennium. It's a little more straight forward than either of those, but equally as strange, unsettling and atmospheric.

i'm working through the x files now. i'm going to move on to millenium after that. i remember being scared shitless by a few episodes of that show at some point in the late 90's. there were some really disturbing and effective apocalyptic pieces of writing. or at least i remember it being effective. x files so far is more hokey, although it seems to hit a stride in the light hearted stand alone episodes.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Bout to start Curb Your Enthusiasm season 6, season 5 was even better than I remembered it.

Guest RadarJammer
Hatufim a 2009 Israeli show which is the show that HBO's Homeland is inspired from or based on or something. Cool show. Still waiting for the last two subbed episodes to get released.

Braquo - Just watched the first series of this French cop show (created by Olivier Marchal of 36 fame.) Plenty of assault / kidnapping / murder / arson / blackmailing / armed robbery from the outset. And that's just the cops. Kind of fills an Engrenages shaped hole. Wasn't convinced after ep1 but thoroughly enjoyed it by the end.

Guest couch

I really liked this series then lost interest halfway through season 7, about episode 13. Dunno man just can't make myself sit through an episode anymore because they are too cookie-cutter. Season 5 I think it was, was hard for me to make it through too. Same reason. Not really digging the whole leviathan story.

season 2 season 2 season 2!

you mean this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03QT8ePPl_I&feature=related

yeah its a little dated now, very mid 90s oliver stone but for a FOx TV show this shit was cutting edge, dark and extremely artsy for the network programming of that era. I think the girl who plays Laura Means is such a good actress that it still works when you watch it now, but yeah seeing this at 16 really effected me too.

There it is! Thanks.

Now that I'm remembering a little clearer, I seem to remember S2 almost standing on its own, and S3 just retconning the entire S2 story. I don't know if I stuck with the show to the end. Going to have to rewatch.

Edit: ooh, ooh, and "Jose Chung's Doomsday Defense" was S2, too? Fuck, I love Darin Morgan.

Edited by baph

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

just started Luther and enjoying it. it feels very post-(bbc)sherlock - a well written smart detective. at first i didnt like his weird friendship with alice but then I starting thinking that maybe he is so messed up by his job and the stuff he sees he can only relate to psychopaths now. maybe. alice is almost annoying but never quite enough to throw stuff at the tv and turn it off. idris elba is much better in this than in prometheus or thor. stick to tv mate. oddly the first season is 6 episodes and the second is only 4.

also started dead boss which came highly recommended, not loving 3 episodes in but will stick with. the best line so far was right at the start when the lawyer said "objection, bit long?" about the sentence